December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Flexitol - Heel Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best heel balm I've ever owned, my feet are in the best condition that they've ever been in thanks to this product. I don't even use it that often but my heels are no more chapped, dry with hard callouses. I've got nothing bad to say about this. The packaging could be a little prettier but never mind that!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ToriStar

This stuff is perfect! My go-to product because I have really painful cracked heels. I usually file my feet and then apply this stuff before bed. It isn't super cheap, about $10 canadian at a Rexall drugstore, but it has lasted about a year of frequent use and I am still going so it is for sure worth the price and then some. I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Want soft feet? Yeah? STOP reading this and open a new browser tab and look up the Baby Foot Peel first.

I have no clue how I was lucky enough to find a product like the peel. Works exactly how the reviews say it will. Check out my review on makeupalley too! (It's an essay :P)

Anyways, my sister was the one who showed me Flexitol heel balm. Works like a charm. I just happened to start using this balm right after the dead skin peeled off (from the peel, of course) making it so much easier than scrubbing my feet with a pumice stone!!

I just want to strongly enforce the fact that I don't believe either the peel I used or this balm seperately would've done as good a job as they did together. IT's like PB&J.

After soaking feet in warm water (a night time pampering ritual for myself), I pat my feet dry and put the balm on the top of each foot and rub my feet together like a monkey. No seriously, I rather not take the time (and waste product) by putting on my hands before applying to my feet (although, I must say I think this makes a great hand cream) and then having to wash off my hands. This stuff lingers and I learned that the first night using it.

So yeah, after rubbing feet together, they aren't greasy per-say but you can definitly feel the product on your skin. So what I do is put socks on top. I hate socks absolutely hate them but I rather feel socks on my feet than balm spreading onto my legs, sheets, etc. Throughout the night the stuff absorbs. I've only used this stuff for about a week. The first night was enough for me to feel softer feet even after the residual balm washed off in the shower the next morning. Like I even forgot to put some on yesterday and it's still really soft and moisturized..

The one totally ironic thing about this heel balm is that it makes everything plump and soft EXCEPT my heels. Lol. I guess I need to apply more/often but so far my toes are baby soft. LOL..

I constantly wear flats/heels/flip flops which torture the skin on my feet so I will definitely be keeping this in my arsenal. (And the Baby Foot Peel too!)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupdeb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved Flexitol for years but the last tube I purchased did not work at all. The consistency was also different from previous tubes. I called the company and they told me to send them the tube. I did that and have not heard from them since. Terrible customer service (although a free tube would not be welcome because of the product quality).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MelissaTerri

This cream is a little gem! with my job i'm on my feet most of the day, so my heels aren't so much cracked, but they are a rough.. I use a pumice stone in the shower around my heels and then just rub this in afterwards and my heels feel so soft and silky smooth!!! its a definite must have for your beauty box!! I've tried all sorts of creams for softening and none of them have even come close to making them as soft as this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this when I don't use my Gehwol salve. I think it's great. It is hard working and is absorbs quickly. It really doesn't leave my feet feeling greasy. I have used this off and on for about four years now. It's worth the money especially if you have bad feet like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this for my hubby's feet, and tried on mine. 3 days later, his feet are almost normal and mine are pristine! Fantastic! Will never be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshine702

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my feet all day with work and they were callused and cracking. THIS STUFF WORKS! Within a few days of putting it on at night - all of the problem area was gone.

I have a tradition of giving stocking stuffer gifts of products I've found that year that REALLY work to friends and relatives for Christmas. Last year everyone got Flexitol Heel Balm :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'll just say right out the gate - my feet have become a total mess. I used to get fairly regular pedicures that kept my feet looking semi normal. For the past few month, I've slacked off on just about every beauty front and, let me tell ya, no where is this more apparent than my feet. Now that I'm getting back into grooming like a normal human again, I knew I had to do something about my nasty heels. I bought this based on the user reviews here so, thanks all you gals before me!

To be honest, my feet in general are actually pretty good. No weird nail thing going on or "hammer time", if you will. The only real problem are my dry heels which seem to be getting worse as I get older (yay, old age!). First off, I live in a hard water area which is murder on skin in general. Second, I hate socks and slippers and tend to wear flip flops in my uncarpented house all the time. As cool as flip flops are, they're actually fairly hard on your feet after a while. I've tried doing the thick moisturizer/sock routine at bedtime but even sleep doesn't stop my hatred for socks. I end up pulling them off sometime during the night and frankly, no amount of lotion is going to help my sad soles.

As I said, I bought this based on the reviews here. When I got this last week, my feet were probably at their grossest. I'm talking thick layers of skin on my heels that catch on sheets, clothes and anything else. I have a smoothing file but honestly, those things are a bit of a joke. I ended up starting to pick at the skin and pulling it off which is as gross and painful as it sounds. I was tempted to try the Ped Egg but having shaved off layers of skin off my feet before, I wasn't too keen on limping around again. I've used this lotion as directed (one in the morning and once at night) and it has miraculously transformed my feet. Granted, they're not totally smooth because as I said above, my feet situation was pretty dire as of late, but my feet are actually beginning to resemble those of human being who hasn't been kicking flour around.

The only downside to this lotion is it's a bit sticky. Seriously, that's the only downside. I can deal with the smell or parabens or whatever else because this works. I'm thrilled I finally found something that does what it says it will and is under $10 (I believe I paid $5 for this). I'm also thrilled that this can be used only when it's needed. I plan on getting a long overdue pedicure in the near future and then using this as a preventive measure. If you're hesitating about buying this because of complaints about the smell or whatever else, don't - get this lotion. If it worked on my jurassic feet, it will certainly work on yours!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by BrownSista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Updat: I recently purchased the diabetic version from drugstore.com. On the website the ingredients are different than those that appeared on the box when it arrived. Those on the box match the new version of Flexitol that does not work at all. I am very disappointed and doubt I will buy the product after I finish this tube.

According to a reviewer on Amazon, the original brand that worked so well is now the diabetic version. I then compared the ingredients of the diabetic version on drugstore.com with the ingredients of the original formula a previous user posted and they are almost identical. I bought the original version before I discovered this but plan to buy the diabetic version now. I don't have cracked heels, but do like to take care of my feet and keep them pretty and as soft as possible.