October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Lipstick - Bourjois - Lovely Brille Corail des Mers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

On me, very sheer orangey-red with very slight glitter and maybe a hint of pink. Gorgeous summer colour when lipstick is too much and you fancy a change from gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all this smells so lovely!

I first applied straight to the lips just to see how it is for those without brushes, and it's pretty okay. It glides on nicely, but due to the deep colour if this goes over your lip line it will not budge easily!

Once with my brush in hand I started at the corners and worked my way in. It applied really nicely and remember ladies to highlight your cupids bow!

This product doesn't last all day, but for the cheap price that's fine.

The packaging is so lovely, it's blue and the top has a little mirror so you can apply it when you're on the go!

I might re-purchase this in the future when I'm going through a poor patch.

It's great for the price, and I'd buy it just for the smell!

LC

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently saw all the reviews for Chanel Marilyn and was lemming it like crazy. I decided that seeing as Bourjois was also made by Chanel perhaps they also made a colour similar.
I was in luck because this is it!! I adore this colour so much, often my makeup looks "unfinished" because my lips are so unpigmented and it makes me look washed out - this gorgeous colour lights my whole face up and I adore it!

The colour is a red coral and is sheer enough not to look OTT but it gives a good amount of colour payoff in my opinion. Enough to make your lips look flushed. This touts itself as a glossy lipstick but really it's not, that's fine with me - it gives the lips enough slip to not feel dry but not so much they feel coated - this is the PERFECT formulation for me and the staying power I find is very good.

The packaging is a clear blue plastic which I love, its' very cute. It's also got a mirror which is so useful for me!! I love it. The only annoying thing is that it can come open in your bag if you don't put the cap on tight. But I can live with that.
I paid 6.95 for this which is a steal compared to the 16.00 I would have forked out for Chanels hydrabase lipstick.

I recommend this to yellow based pale skinned girls who want a sunny colour. This is HG for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick even more than Docteur Glamour which I just tried out. It's the best d/s lipstick I've ever tried, all other d/s brands which I've tried, Rimmel, Maybelline, Wet'n Wild, Yves Rocher and even The Body Shop lipsticks all dry out my lips and make them look dry and cracked, Bourjois lipsticks do not! This lipstick is so smooth and moisturising I don't even need to use lip balm or gloss with it, it gives a shiny shimmery colour which once again makes gloss unnecessary. I love this so much I'll be getting several more colours of it. I love the cute packaging too, the mirror on top of the tube is just perfect for applying the lipstick on the run, so I don't have to dig around for a compact which is always such a hassle. Well I don't know the name of the colour I got but I don't think it's coral because it's pink, very lovely, however I plan to get more colours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This comes out as a flat orange red on me. I don't see any coral or peachiness at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I treated myself to this recently as it is such a happy, summery looking shade. It is definitely a reddish-toned coral as mentioned by the previous reviewer. This suits my PPP skin with yellow undertones very very well. I find this to be sheerer than I'd like.... I need lipbalm on my dry lips before any sort of lipstick application and if I put a little too much balm on first, the colour doesn't show up well. Disappointing. For this, I took a point off. For those who are blessed with not-so-dry lips and like sheer lipsticks, you will be in love! I like the packaging - bright blue tube with a mirror on the end - too cute (and super practical). Overall, quite a good product but with so many sheer lipsticks on the market, I don't see myself repurchasing this particular one. A nice try though Bourjois!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 2:38:00 AM More reviews by peaudane

This is such a bright happy colour, I wore it all the time last summer. It is a reddish coral, no orange in this. It comes in a turquoise tube which is really cute and summery, with a little mirror on the top which I find very convenient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Lovely Brille is the sheer companion to Lovely Rouge. It's not super-sheer but provides more of a color payoff than most sheer l/s out there. The texture is smooth & fairly moist and the lasting power is quite good for a sheer. Corail des Mers is a bright reddish coral shade which is a softer, stain-like shade when applied. The tube is adorable: transparent bright blue with the little mirror on top just like Lovely Rouge. My only gripe is that the tube comes open a little too easily, so you have to be careful to shut it completely.