August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Snow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best powder and color for translucent skin. I can still see my freckles underneath and it creates a natural finish.
It really does even the skin tone for the perfect porcelain look.
To save on the powder, I put the mesh screen under the powder lid to reduce the amount that comes out. It's lasting forever as you don't need much for sheer coverage. You can build the coverage or reapply if needed and it doesn't cake up or accentuate lines or flaws.
Had to stock up on one extra in case NARS ever discontinued this color!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i really want to love it but.. i think this one not for me...

i have hear a rave review of this loose powder but really it doesnt work well with my skin..

i'm nw10, dry-combi, easily sweating..

the color match my skin very well.. with those slightly pink tone, it's make my skin look gorgeous

the particle so soft

the finish was awsome.. i really love it

but when i'm starting sweating, it became disaster..
it's cakey and blotchy on the area that use to be sweat pore
and the powder was gone with the sweat

this powder was water proof, but it doesnt sweat proof..

i cant recomended this powder to who sweat easily and who live in humid area like me..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by reaperangelique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all I love that the shade is right for me- I wouldn't call the shade range the most extensive out there, but the fact that there is such a pale, pink-toned shade is great for me. When used heavily it shows up on me, but with normal, light application it's effectively transparent. The texture is very soft and finely milled, and it doesn't feel cakey even when applied heavily- it leaves my skin, prone to being shiny in the t-zone area, a kind of 'natural matte'. I don't wear much foundation so I can't confirm its setting power over heavier coverage, but I certainly haven't had trouble with my light foundation slipping when this is used over it. I love that it can be used by itself for just a more polished look. I also found it useful for setting lipstick with the apply-blot-apply technique.
The puff is good for a heavier application if you roll the powder on with it, though I prefer to use a kabuki. I tap a little product into the lid, which is perfect for this, then pick it up with the brush; it's easy to get a nice even application. I left most of the holes in the box covered with the sticker to prevent messiness and it's fine for me- I also put the mesh inside, on the powder itself, and as an extra measure I cut a square of paper and placed that between the sifter and the puff. I haven't had any issues with spills or excess messiness, so my only gripes with the packaging are that the lid can slide off very easily when you pick it up if you aren't careful. It also has a rubbery texture like all NARS products so it picks up dust and glitter extremely easily, which doesn't bother me, but may bother others.
The price point didn't bother me but it may seem high for a single purchase. However, the large amount of product and the fact that it will last a long time- since you only need a little at a time and it's not about to expire- make it more reasonable in my opinion.
As for its lasting power, it's good, but it's not quite an all day product on me, as I have combination skin and get quite shiny by the end of the day, unfortunately- it does appear to tone it down, though. I don't mind this much as it looks and feels so weightless on the skin, and makes it feel almost silky to the touch- plus, it never actually looks bad by the end of the day, fading naturally instead of becoming cakey or something. It also doesn't accentuate dry patches, which is more important to me. If I apply just a little on any shiny patches, it immediately mattifies them without making it obvious there's anything there, great for no makeup looks.
Overall, while I wouldn't say it's the best for those with oilier complexions, it does everything else I expect of it and I would repurchase. If you're very pale, Snow is a wonderful shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only two the best loose powder i ever had whole my life until now..Nars snow and pureluxe l/p.
Nars snow my hg.I dont want description detail coz all my friend here talked about it completely.
When i open the box nars l/p like magic hocus pocus my tired face,fresh again.
My sister have tried and she falling in love too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely product. It sets beautifully, and the descriptions before mine are very accurate. Interesting fact: I found NYC's loose powder to be of the same quality, in how finely it is milled, how small it makes my pores look, and in color. It is slightly more pink in color (NYC Translucent v. NARS Snow). So I'm swapping mine and keeping NYC's.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by julia1nwonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love NARS Loose Powder in Snow. So hard to find a powder that is light enough for me. I could not live without my Snow. It is very expensive but I can never find a shade that matches me. I will be buying this again and again unless I can find something else for less in the same color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a powder good at what powders are supposed to do. It sets my makeup and keeps them in place all day and leaves a very nice texture. Plus, it doesn't dry out. This is a the color I am looking for for a very long time. Normally, colors of most foundations are somehow too intense on me (not too warm, cool, pale or dark, just too intense). This powder adds a grey tone to it and makes my foundation match much better. Also, this powder comes with a nice large puff. One thing I want to complain is that I always cannot get enough powder with the sift. But without the sift, it's too messy to use. It is really a wonderful powder, but if the container is better made, I will give it 5.5 instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best loose/setting powder i have used. The colour is perfect for my pale skin, i love who it keeps me shine free but never looks overly matte! You get a lot of product for your money even though it is expensive. The only negative is the packaging- its so messy and not travel friendly. I said i would buy again but i doubt i will need to for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

This is my favorite powder to date! It is SO soft and the color is absolutely perfect for my extremely pale skin tone. I like how it doesn't really have any kind of undertone so it makes matching my skin a lot easier. It makes my face look like it is in soft focus effect. The packaging is horrible though. The powder tends to get everywhere, and makes a huge mess. It is pricey, but honestly it will take forever to run out of it because the amount you get is huge!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, it only gets 4 stars because of it's pinkish undertone which is not too good for me but I still use it as a finishing powder now that I got it, because it really works well and keeps my face shine-free all day. You get a lot for your money (I bought it over ebay, so I couldn't see the color really..), that's true and a little goes a long way. The packaging could be improved though. I would recommend to use it with a powder brush and not with the buff/sponge that comes with it.