August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by aksharad

This smells exactly like Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner. Like exactly the same. Apart from that, this is a nice, affordable and moisturising body wash. I think it's better than my TBS shea body wash and way cheaper too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by chelv19

I recently gave birth and because of pregnancy my skin became so dry, it was starting to annoy me and I knew I had to do something about it. I know shea butter was good for the skin, thats why I chose this product. The first time I tried it, my skin felt so smooth, i loooveee it!! And the price is pretty good too. I am satisfied. definitely a must have.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff didn't smell too good. It had a funny scent to it that I wish not to describe what it really smelled like to me. I wondered if I had gotten a bad batch, but whenever I used it, I never got any types of rashes or anything like that. So I figured Oatmeal smelling body washes must not be that pleasant of a smell. Even though my skin was smooth after using, I will not purchase again. I much prefer other St. Ives scents to this one. Blech!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by tvall

I'm on around my 3rd bottle of this stuff. Like the previous review said its really good value (around $3.50 in target for a large bottle) and it cleans well without leaving your skin dry afterwards. I also like that St Ives have a lot of natural ingredients in their range.

One thing that stops this from being 5 lippies though is that there is added synthetic fragrance in it, I kinda wish it didnt and it was just fragranced with the lovely natural ingredients that are in it.

But overall great product and will repurchase. Ive also just bought a travel size version for $1 to use when I go away next month.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by cosmie24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't begin to explain how much I love this body wash.. I bought this a week and a half ago and I just love it. You get so much product for about $4.00. The smell is to die for, it leaves you feeling so so soft, clean, smooth and smelling good. I'm actually excited to buy more, including their Coconut Milk body wash. I love how a lot of it is natural ingredients and has matching body lotions which I'm very curious to try. Love, love, love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

So addicted to the smell! it moisturizes my dry skin really well yet it doesn't leave a filmy feeling on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using (may I say boring) Dr. Bronner's from my local health food store for the longest time, until two things happened: 1.) I got bored with using clear soap out of a refill jar and 2.) I found out that Dr. Bronner's pH is that of a detergent, which probably explains why it works so well for removing even the toughest waterproof mascaras. I was in Walmart one night and finally let myself into the body wash aisle. I prefer as natural as possible, and Walmart only carries a few of these. I picked St. Ives and Dove, and decided that St. Ives I will use as a moisturizing liquid soap in the bathroom. I ended up using it in the shower, and I am shocked how well it works. I always thought that no body wash can really moisturize the skin well because it's washed away, but with Oatmeal and Shea Butter I can tell a huge difference. My skin is fairly smooth on its own, but with this it's silky smooth, and actually smells sweet after I towel off. I am amazed by this body wash. So good and so cheap! It will last me a long time, and I will certainly repurchase.

PS: I end up using Dove for washing hands now most of the time. St. Ives wins!

*** *** ***
11/10/13: Unfortunately, St. Ives is not cruelty-free anymore, and is testing on animals, since it has been acquired by Unilever. This has happened at least two years ago, and I have just discovered. I am quite disappointed, as I loved St. Ives for their natural, widely available and affordable products. I will use this body wash up, but will not be repurchasing...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This body wash is absolutely amazing and is very affordable! You can get a 24 oz bottle (which will last you several months) for 3.97 US dollars. By far my favorite St. Ive's product, this body wash made my previously dry skin very smooth and soft; plus it smells really good, like oats but you can't really smell the shea butter. It comes out of the bottle very liquidy but you do not need to use a ton to cover yourself unless you wabt to since it is so cheap! It can also double as shaving cream because it lathers up nicely into a white foam that makes shaving much easier than it was to dry shave. The packing it comes in is a sturdy plastic that won't dent if it falls. Also the cap didn't break, automatically warranting it a 5 for packaging :) Overall this product is inexpensive, works well, and is highly recommended! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Very nice moisturizing product that does not irritate my sensitive skin. It cleans, suds up, and rinses well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by sammy89

I LOVE this stuff! I have literally tried almost everything out there. I have very sensitive skin and most products make me itchy or I brake out from them. I've tried Aveeno too.This one was the best. No irritation at all and it leaves your skin feeling soft& clean. plus it's not spendy :)