St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hexylcinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium 7, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035) (CI 16035), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (CI 42090)

on 2/21/2015 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lately, my body skin has been slightly sensitive to some of my fragrant body washes. I have been getting rashes and itchiness on my legs for some reason, even though I make sure to rinse off well. I needed something moisturizing and gentle, but clean rinsing and this seemed like a good candidate. It leaves my skin soft and clean feeling, and my skin doesn't itch or get red. I have to avoid using it on acne prone areas but I can live with that. It is affordable and easy to attain. I'm not sure why I passed on St. Ives body washes before. I do like the orchid and coconut lotion from the line. I will repurchase.

on 1/12/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love using luxurious bath products, but I can't justify literally washing my hard-earned money down the drain. I enjoy being gifted nice soaps and scrubs but when those run out, I typically reach for this. This is just a great "staple" item. It's not fancy, but it's not harsh or bare-bones-feeling either.

Many body-washes dry my skin out. While I wouldn't describe this body wash as actively moisturizing, I would say it is non-drying. It won't moisturize my skin in the shower, but it does a really nice job of cleansing without totally stripping the skin. It lathers up nicely (especially on a body puff, but hands work too) and it rinses clean. I like it for shaving, too.

There's a tremendous amount of product in the container. It's affordable (I've paid anywhere from $3.25-$4.50 for a 24 oz bottle), and just about every drugstore/supermarket/etc carries it. I wish it came in a pump bottle because I find that the bottles are so full of product, it is easy to squeeze a bit too much product out at first.

As far as the scent goes, I personally don't mind it. I don't have any way to describe it since oatmeal and shea don't have particularly strong scents on their own, but there's definitely added fragrance to this product. It's neither particularly masculine nor feminine and I don't find this product heavily scented. The smell will last on my skin for about 5 or 10 minutes after showering. I frankly prefer that it doesn't linger or last because that way, it won't clash with any other lotions/deodorants/perfumes I wear.

I looooove St.Ive's products and I only buy THEIR face washes because they are natural and just make me feel and look good. So when I went to Target and bought this wash, I just threw it in the cart because I knew I wouldn't regret buying it... well, so I thought..... when I got home and looked at the ingredients I was shocked and disappointed to see SLS and Cocamide MEA labeled as the first couple ingredients.... for those that don't know, these are both toxic chemicals and Cocamide MEA is actually found to cause cancer in some cases.... I am soo glad that I only bought the travel size because now I can just use it up and never buy this product again. I am disappointed in St.Ive's for using these ingredients in their product.... I love the smell and the package is nice(just like all of their products), but I won't be buying this anymore and now I will be sure to check the ingredients first.....I wouldn't recommend unless you don't care about toxic chemicals in your beauty products.

on 9/28/2014 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this stuff. It lathers really well, and is very creamy; it also does really well to moisturize your skin and it is really very calming-particularly paired with the Oatmeal and Shea Butter lotion. In addition to it being a good product, you get a really nice amount of product for a good price; it lasts an incredibly long time.

on 8/16/2014 1:21:00 PM

This smells exactly like Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner. Like exactly the same. Apart from that, this is a nice, affordable and moisturising body wash. I think it's better than my TBS shea body wash and way cheaper too.

on 3/24/2014 6:18:00 AM

I recently gave birth and because of pregnancy my skin became so dry, it was starting to annoy me and I knew I had to do something about it. I know shea butter was good for the skin, thats why I chose this product. The first time I tried it, my skin felt so smooth, i loooveee it!! And the price is pretty good too. I am satisfied. definitely a must have.

on 1/11/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on around my 3rd bottle of this stuff. Like the previous review said its really good value (around $3.50 in target for a large bottle) and it cleans well without leaving your skin dry afterwards. I also like that St Ives have a lot of natural ingredients in their range.

One thing that stops this from being 5 lippies though is that there is added synthetic fragrance in it, I kinda wish it didnt and it was just fragranced with the lovely natural ingredients that are in it.

But overall great product and will repurchase. Ive also just bought a travel size version for $1 to use when I go away next month.

on 12/9/2013 11:55:00 PM

I can't begin to explain how much I love this body wash.. I bought this a week and a half ago and I just love it. You get so much product for about $4.00. The smell is to die for, it leaves you feeling so so soft, clean, smooth and smelling good. I'm actually excited to buy more, including their Coconut Milk body wash. I love how a lot of it is natural ingredients and has matching body lotions which I'm very curious to try. Love, love, love this stuff.

on 10/22/2013 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So addicted to the smell! it moisturizes my dry skin really well yet it doesn't leave a filmy feeling on your skin.

on 10/20/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using (may I say boring) Dr. Bronner's from my local health food store for the longest time, until two things happened: 1.) I got bored with using clear soap out of a refill jar and 2.) I found out that Dr. Bronner's pH is that of a detergent, which probably explains why it works so well for removing even the toughest waterproof mascaras. I was in Walmart one night and finally let myself into the body wash aisle. I prefer as natural as possible, and Walmart only carries a few of these. I picked St. Ives and Dove, and decided that St. Ives I will use as a moisturizing liquid soap in the bathroom. I ended up using it in the shower, and I am shocked how well it works. I always thought that no body wash can really moisturize the skin well because it's washed away, but with Oatmeal and Shea Butter I can tell a huge difference. My skin is fairly smooth on its own, but with this it's silky smooth, and actually smells sweet after I towel off. I am amazed by this body wash. So good and so cheap! It will last me a long time, and I will certainly repurchase.

PS: I end up using Dove for washing hands now most of the time. St. Ives wins!

*** *** ***
11/10/13: Unfortunately, St. Ives is not cruelty-free anymore, and is testing on animals, since it has been acquired by Unilever. This has happened at least two years ago, and I have just discovered. I am quite disappointed, as I loved St. Ives for their natural, widely available and affordable products. I will use this body wash up, but will not be repurchasing...

Popular Gels/Soaps