July 22, 2014 | 1684 users online

Fragrances - Black Widow Spray Cologne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolute love! From the sexy but minimal packaging to the juice inside it, I am so glad I decided to try it unsniffed. It doesn't remind me of Opium or the original Poison though I like both of these; it is the perfect blend of spicy, sweet not in a foody way and flowery. There is a hint of incense from the first spray, but the focus and dominant note is definitely the clove. Not too strong and not too faint, it calls to mind the smell of clove cigarette smoke and clean hair, which I've enjoyed during a nuzzle or two in my time and absolutely makes me swoon. I adore it and can't recommend it highly enough for the awesome price. There is a note on the site mentioning that Black Widow is going to be re-released in a new version, and I do hope that isn't so. If anything, another perfume from the perfumer along with BW would be fantastic in my opinion. Try this if you like spicy and sultry. Even my DH, who is to the point of only commenting on frags he really likes given how many I try and/or own, stopped dead in his tracks and asked which one this was because it smelled "amazing." Total love and a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe no MUA darklings have reviewed this yet...

RIS by one of my most beloved darklings and it turned out to smell exactly the way I imagined it would. From the website:

Black Widow is made from all natural essential oils.

Black Widow is a sweet and spicy oriental
with a rich amber scent, top notes of citrus,
and middle notes of musk and spice, including
cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.

We realize it is hard to describe a perfume with words so we hope it helps
to say that Black Widow resembles a fresher updated version of Opium.

I dunno about it smelling like YSL Opium... but it sure as hell smells bewitching! It smells exactly like my hair and clothes did after an evening of doing readings for people at an occult bookstore. I loved the way the mix of incenses they burned hung in my hair and clothes, the fragrance surrounding and comforting me hours later while I sat in a cafe with my best girlfriend.... Many men had asked me what perfume I was wearing because it drove them wild. This fragance makes me want to grow my hair long just so that I can spritz it with this especially in the Fall. Absolutely enchanting!

continued >>