August 1, 2014 | 1834 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Pearl Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite highlighter is Rouge Bunny Rouge, however, Becca's Pearl acts differently in that I find this product works best if you want a glow versus a highlight ...... for this purpose I give Becca a 5-star rating because there are times, that I want a softer looker which Becca helps me to achieve ..... It is not as pronounced as RBR in terms of color and I find that it goes on more watery, however, this works for me in that the consistency is easy to use in achieving a glow (I wish it were a bit more whiter, as on my NW10 skintone it tends to disappear and blend in and therefore I need more product, however, when I get the right amount, it does look lovely) ..... it just looks natural and regardless if it is am or pm, you can see that glow effect. Great item to have.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this product. It's very watery and doesn't have much going for it. Doesn't have much shimmer or glow to it. It's like I took Benefit Moon Beam and watered it down significantly. First time I put it on I thought, "That's it?". Also, it makes my foundation come off where I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using samples of this from Sephora...and am planning on purchasing it as soon as I have the funds! It is the best highlighter I have ever used, and I recommend it to any and everyone who wants a very subtle but beautiful glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lufc_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for almost a year now. I was worried the pearl shade was going to appear too white but it wasn't the case. Everyday I only use very minimal make up, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Chanel concealer, Chanel cream blush and THIS and I'm ready to go.

I used to hate how my skin looked, so dull and lifeless and I could never get that dewy/glowing look. I hate glitters and this product is not glittery at all. It just shimmers. I mix a little bit with my foundation and also blend a little bit on my cheekbones over my cream blush towards my temples and then a tiny tiny bit over the length of my nose and cupid's bow and I'm done. It makes such a difference. It's subtle but makes my skin look so much better. It doesn't highlight my imperfections and large pores too much.

In my personal opinion if you have very oily skin probably avoid mixing it with foundation all over your face as it would give too much unwanted shine. I have combination skin and some parts of my face are quite dry so it helps giving the dry parts a little bit of life. Also make sure you don't apply it on dry flaky skin otherwise it will just sit on top instead of blending nicely.

I have quite problematic skin with pimples and dehydrated and oily combo skin but so far it hasn't cause any problem. Definitely would be repurchasing this as now I literally use it everyday.

The 2 cons are the packaging and the price. The cap is so rubbish and not secure at all, very hard to take while travelling always worried that it's going to spill everywhere, though luckily it hasn't done that so far but the cap on mine literally split the first week I got it, so it just keep falling off. It's really quite expensive for a highlighter, though the bottle is pretty big and because I use it everyday and I really love the effect I would still buy it again despite of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate it. It doesn't give me a radiant, glowing look as it's supposed to do, but just looks and feels greasy on my skin! When i put it on my cheekbone, after an hour, it disappeared and even made foundation applied on this area looks cakey. BTW, I've tossed it in my drawer and haven't used it for about two months, it SEPARATES!! ewww

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BrittanyNP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turned my NW10 coplexion yellow, even though the pearl color is the lightest. Would be pretty on those with warm skin tones, but if you have pink undertones and do not want that "oxidized makeup" look, I'd skip this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

I absolutely adore this product. There is no equal as a highlighting cream.

I've had mine for just about 3 years now, I use it at least once a week and I'm just over halfway done the bottle! It creates the perfect look for a natural and fresh appearance without making you look cakey.

I usually wear my on my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, the plumpest parts of my lips, and my cupids bow. A little pea sized bit goes a LONG way. I've seen friends spend a lot more money on a Mac shimmer and have to get a new one every few months, this product is the best bang for your buck.

haha now if only I can get the rest of the Becca products in my vanity...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Holy mother of sweet Jesus, I love this product. I fell in love with using highlighters in general a few months back, though I only like using liquid highlighters. I find the glow they give really makes your face looks so much healthier and beautiful, accentuating cheekbones and all that jazz.

But, you know when you look back at old pictures of yourself and say, 'God what was I thinking?' This is the way I feel when I look at myself before I bought Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter. I used the pinky ELF highlighter whip only along my cheekbones, and I see now that it was way too intense and unnatural.

I find that when I use the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter all over my face, the effect is much more natural and subtle. And without any sparkles or glitter, people really do assume your face just naturally glows that way, even on problematic acne-prone skin like mine. Just good ole' dewy goodness. I think it's one of the only liquid highlighters on the market without the glitter crap.

I also just love putting this stuff on my face with a buffing brush. It's cool and light and scentless, and just feels like putting on a good moisturizer. After I put on a bit of foundation over it, I do have to powder my T-Zone to stop from looking overly-dewy or oily.

It's pretty damn expensive, but I think it's going to last me a very long time. They definitely don't cheat you out of any product.

I was torn between buying Pearl and Opal, but I am very glad I went with Pearl. It's ideal for lighter skin tones, and I am really not sure if Opal would look as natural on me. It is not so much white as is it translucent.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Blurredvision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

By far, BECCA's Shimmering Skin Perfector is the best highlighter I have ever used. Seeing as I am extremely dry skinned, powder highlighters and cream highlighters don't look that natural on me. And believe me I have tried. That being said, I have tried several liquid highlighters and none (both high and low end) have matched the natural but luminous finish that this highlighter gives. I have it in Pearl (for the winter months) and I just ordered another in Moonshine. Yes, it is a hefty price tag ($41) but the product lasts FOREVER - I have had mine for roughly six months, have used it every day, and I have yet to make a dent in it. From what I have researched on YouTube, other reviewers have said that this product lasts forever too. Also, a whole pump of this is good enough for your entire face. I usually use a half a pump. So a little goes a long way.

The most underrated makeup product in my opinion. This should have a cult following!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mixed this in with my #220 Revlon color-stay foundation then buffed it into my skin with one of those flat topped E.L.F. powder brushes. I absolutely love love love the results which is a healthy looking all over subtle glow that appears as if my skin is lit from within. It looks like I am not wearing makeup, I just have this all over healthy glow. If you put this stuff all over your face first then you will look like a grease ball (even if you follow with foundation). The trick is to mix it up into your foundation before applying--holy cow what a huge difference it makes. I find that I don't need any additional highlighting anywhere when using this method. It's expensive, but for me, it is worth every single penny and I will repurchase again and again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No