Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl

4.4

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Hexylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract), Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Red 40 CI 16035, Blue 1 CI 42090, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Mica].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lately, it seems I've been on a highlighter/glow product kick. I blame the dull, dark Canadian winter - it just makes me crave things to brighten up my winter-weary skin. This is my latest "glow" purchase (after buying Dior's LE highlighter, Becca's Backlight Priming Filter - basically, a glowing primer - and also from Becca, Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone). I LOVE this powder. I thought it might be quite over the top, since some of Jaclyn Hill's tutorials featuring the Becca powder highlighters do make them look pretty "full on". But "Pearl" is beautifully subtle (or else I just don't see the full effect with my aging eyes!). And as so many others have said, this is a divine shade for pale skinned, cool toned folks - no orange or gold undertones in this. It really is just a pearly glow that is so flattering. Packaging is the standard Becca round compact with a mirror filling the lid - nice and sleek. If you missed out on the Dior LE pink highlighter or don't want to lash out quite that much money, this beautiful product is significantly less expensive ($46 CDN, so almost 20 bucks less) and achieves much the same effect.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous shade, with a pretty reflective quality. I feel in love with it at first sight. I want to get the palette that has a few shades next. While it's not a HG. it gives me a gorgous complexion. Point off because it syaing quality isn't the best and I would love it if it came with a little mini brush or another applicator in the compact.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great product if you want to avoid yellow and gold. However, as much as I like the highlight, I don't know if others notice it. I realize we wear makeup to please ourselves, but--in many ways--I'd rather have the money and NOT have the highlight. I only see it if I look in the mirror...

Basically, if you have the money to toss, and you don't look good in gold, buy this. If not, you don't need it.

Pearl is a beautiful glowy white highlighter. I tend to stick to white as I am very pale and gold/pinks tend to stand out on me. Pearl just sets into my skin and looks like I am glowing from within.

I have the liquid version. The pump is awful, it lets out too much product, but what I do is pump it towards the ceiling so that the excess falls onto the top. Then, I dab my beauty blender into it very quickly and put the cap back on. The product doesn't set or dry really so when I take the cap off I still have product waiting to be used.

When I finish my RMS Living Luminizer I will probably buy the poured/pressed version of this. Or perhaps moonstone or opal so that I have a tiny bit of diversity. I have a feeling Becca knows what they are doing here with the highlights and I trust them enough to pick out a non white highlighter.

This gives such a beautiful glow to cheekbones it doesn't have glitter so it doesn't look chunky or fake it looks like a natural candlelight glow on your face at all times

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

NW-20 / Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 110C

The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in pearl is one of my all-time favorites for a glowing, minimal makeup look. I am pale enough that most blushes look artificial without a lot of work. The Becca SSP makes my not very prominent cheekbones [round face] pop - without any contouring. It does not look greasy, just very healthy and pretty. It gives a lift to my whole face.

I can do my foundation, then apply the Becca SSP on the top of my cheekbones, down my nose, under / above my brows and be done except for eyeliner and lipstick. It saves me a ton of time and looks great. I just had a photo taken and my cheekbones with the Becca looked just the way I hoped they always would [but never did before in photos].

It's buildable, so you can vary the look you want to achieve.

The pump dispenses too much product for my uses, so I skip it. I use my fingers to apply and blend, which is also great for travel. It works beautifully with fingers, since it is very emollient.

I have the pressed powder version of the SSP, but prefer the liquid for a really natural lit-from-within glow. The powder is good, too, but can quickly look overdone and needs a good brush to blend properly. It is also not as great on dryer skin. I also have Watts Up and used that until I found the Becca SSP. It looks more "made up" than the SSP and much less glowing. I haven't used it since getting the SSP.

I use it every day and will be buying it as long as they make it. The price is high, which is why I gave it 3 lippies for price, but I feel it is very worth the money since I don't need a lot of other products when I wear this and it makes me feel my very best!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was initially attracted to this highlighter when I swatched it and saw that it was indeed pale enough for me. Overall, it is a very nice highlighter that gives a nice glow to the cheekbones--or wherever you place it. It can be intense or subtle, depending on how you sheer it out. For the amount you get, I think the price is pretty fair. You do get a lot of product.
The pump isn't my favorite. Even when I try to do half a pump, a lot of product comes out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful finish when mixed with tinted moisturizer, but caused instantaneous breakout on clear skin. Approximately 5 blemishes appeared the evening after wearing this. Longevity is debatable but irrelevant to me, as I cannot use this product. Still searching for a luminizer that I can mix with foundations and tinted moisturizers without causing breakouts.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Best liquid highlighter i have ever come across, this is not a glittery highlighter, more a subtle glow kind of thing.
My all time favourite is NARS Albatross, this is like a liquid form of that and probably even a touch more subtle.
I apply foundation, then blush, then this on the highpoint of my cheeks and my skin looks like they glow from within.
Absolutely beautiful highlighter, expensive but heaps of product, if i have any complain i would say 1 pump is really too much and would prefer the bottle dispense less product.

ETA, I am fair-med skin tone, wear MAC NW20, Chanel#20 foundations

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an excellent cheek highlight if you have pale skin. It creates a very natural shine. Although it does contain glitter, the glitter pieces are so tiny, it doesn't look like you have glitter on your face. Just a nice shimmer on cheekbones. I was using the Nars multiple in copacabana, and I much prefer this.

I have a lot of rednesss in my cheeks, so I use a heavier foundation to cover them - which leaves me with a very matte looking skin. The becca shimmering perfector adds just enough of a sheen to make my face look naturally dewy, and makes my foundation look so much better.

The packaging sucks. The pump delivers way too much product. Even trying to do a half pump, I still have way too much. It's so wasteful, especially when the product is so pricey.

Being a liquid, it blends really easily and isn't drying. (and I have VERY dry skin)

It's the best cheekbone highlight I have found. It's pricey, but will last a VERY long time. You get a lot of product, and you only need a tiny bit. I have been using for nearly a year, and have lots left. No signs of separation.

If you are looking for a dupe, try the Boots No7 Illuminating lotion. I did think the boots lotion worked fairly well, and is considerably cheaper. Mine didn't last long, it separated and smelled a little funny after a few months though.