December 19, 2014 | 1461 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Pearl Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent cheek highlight if you have pale skin. It creates a very natural shine. Although it does contain glitter, the glitter pieces are so tiny, it doesn't look like you have glitter on your face. Just a nice shimmer on cheekbones. I was using the Nars multiple in copacabana, and I much prefer this.

I have a lot of rednesss in my cheeks, so I use a heavier foundation to cover them - which leaves me with a very matte looking skin. The becca shimmering perfector adds just enough of a sheen to make my face look naturally dewy, and makes my foundation look so much better.

The packaging sucks. The pump delivers way too much product. Even trying to do a half pump, I still have way too much. It's so wasteful, especially when the product is so pricey.

Being a liquid, it blends really easily and isn't drying. (and I have VERY dry skin)

It's the best cheekbone highlight I have found. It's pricey, but will last a VERY long time. You get a lot of product, and you only need a tiny bit. I have been using for nearly a year, and have lots left. No signs of separation.

If you are looking for a dupe, try the Boots No7 Illuminating lotion. I did think the boots lotion worked fairly well, and is considerably cheaper. Mine didn't last long, it separated and smelled a little funny after a few months though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a holiday gift pack with 3 shimmering skin perfector highlighters. This is my review for each.

Pros (for all 3 colors)
- I really like the fact that all of Becca's highlighters provide a metallic glisten to the skin as opposed to a glittery/sparkly ones that some other highlighters provide.
- I also liked this holiday gift pack that provided me with 3 different color options. I find the full-size Becca shimmering skin perfectors to be too big ; I would rather have 3 color options to play with than 1 big product that I am stuck using.
- I had a really nice highlighter from Josie Maran that was a spectacular color and wonderful finish, but I hardly ever ended up using it. I think that was down to the fact that it became monotone after a while only using one highlighter color. Therefore, if & when I buy my next highlighters, I hope to find them in a color set like this one.

Cons (for all 3) - sometimes they were too neutral and barely noticable. Which is fantastic if you're going for a natural finish. But at times, I felt like I had to reapply lots to get an effect. This may also be a factor of the mini-sized products that I got which dispensed a lot less product than the full sized ones with a pump do.
- Expensive

Pearl - white color - the most neutral and fits with everything & anything you are wearing. I liked putting this one under my eyebrows and around my eyes the most because it was so neutral. I reached for this color most often.

Opal - rosy color - wonderful color, great for highlighting cheeks. But because of the latter statement, I also found that I did not reach for this color as much as the other ones which I used on different areas of my face, not just cheekbones).

Champagne Gold - gold color - I did not expect to like this color, but surprisingly it was a very nice gold that I did not mind wearing. It actually ended up being my "2nd favorite" based on which product I reached for most often. This one reminded me the most of the Josie Maran highlighter I had previously, except less "glittery" (the Josie Maran one wasn't that glittery, was also great) and more subtle than the JM one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by terrorteensuperstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this as a light subtle highlighter. I've used benefit highbeam before and this reminds of it, except the consistency is more watery and the glitter is lighter.

In the directions it says that you can mix it with foundations, but I don't find the glitter fine enough to do so.

It's also on the pricier side, except you get so much product... lol you probably never have to buy highlighter again. It would be awesome if they came out with a travel size version like they do with moonstone and opal shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by evanlami

YES! I got this in a sample from Sephora and I'm in love! What a wonderful highlighter! It's light and blends well. Great for highlighting cheekbones and browbones. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite highlighter is Rouge Bunny Rouge, however, Becca's Pearl acts differently in that I find this product works best if you want a glow versus a highlight ...... for this purpose I give Becca a 5-star rating because there are times, that I want a softer looker which Becca helps me to achieve ..... It is not as pronounced as RBR in terms of color and I find that it goes on more watery, however, this works for me in that the consistency is easy to use in achieving a glow (I wish it were a bit more whiter, as on my NW10 skintone it tends to disappear and blend in and therefore I need more product, however, when I get the right amount, it does look lovely) ..... it just looks natural and regardless if it is am or pm, you can see that glow effect. Great item to have.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this product. It's very watery and doesn't have much going for it. Doesn't have much shimmer or glow to it. It's like I took Benefit Moon Beam and watered it down significantly. First time I put it on I thought, "That's it?". Also, it makes my foundation come off where I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using samples of this from Sephora...and am planning on purchasing it as soon as I have the funds! It is the best highlighter I have ever used, and I recommend it to any and everyone who wants a very subtle but beautiful glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lufc_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for almost a year now. I was worried the pearl shade was going to appear too white but it wasn't the case. Everyday I only use very minimal make up, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Chanel concealer, Chanel cream blush and THIS and I'm ready to go.

I used to hate how my skin looked, so dull and lifeless and I could never get that dewy/glowing look. I hate glitters and this product is not glittery at all. It just shimmers. I mix a little bit with my foundation and also blend a little bit on my cheekbones over my cream blush towards my temples and then a tiny tiny bit over the length of my nose and cupid's bow and I'm done. It makes such a difference. It's subtle but makes my skin look so much better. It doesn't highlight my imperfections and large pores too much.

In my personal opinion if you have very oily skin probably avoid mixing it with foundation all over your face as it would give too much unwanted shine. I have combination skin and some parts of my face are quite dry so it helps giving the dry parts a little bit of life. Also make sure you don't apply it on dry flaky skin otherwise it will just sit on top instead of blending nicely.

I have quite problematic skin with pimples and dehydrated and oily combo skin but so far it hasn't cause any problem. Definitely would be repurchasing this as now I literally use it everyday.

The 2 cons are the packaging and the price. The cap is so rubbish and not secure at all, very hard to take while travelling always worried that it's going to spill everywhere, though luckily it hasn't done that so far but the cap on mine literally split the first week I got it, so it just keep falling off. It's really quite expensive for a highlighter, though the bottle is pretty big and because I use it everyday and I really love the effect I would still buy it again despite of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate it. It doesn't give me a radiant, glowing look as it's supposed to do, but just looks and feels greasy on my skin! When i put it on my cheekbone, after an hour, it disappeared and even made foundation applied on this area looks cakey. BTW, I've tossed it in my drawer and haven't used it for about two months, it SEPARATES!! ewww

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BrittanyNP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Turned my NW10 coplexion yellow, even though the pearl color is the lightest. Would be pretty on those with warm skin tones, but if you have pink undertones and do not want that "oxidized makeup" look, I'd skip this.