August 22, 2014 | 1074 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Preparation H

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by mariscrane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been wanting to try this for years but thought it would be too much trouble finding the Canadian version. Now it's on Amazon so that makes the whole process kind of too convenient ... So I chose the cream version, and yes, the smell is foul. Every time I put it on my face I literally think, "This smells like butts." (Well, that makes sense: that's what it's for.) It does go away, though; you really won't be sniffing a bum all day and night, but you'll have to bear it for at least 10-20 min. A few other reviewers recommended it for pimples and it is seriously wonderful for that, even (especially) the very bad ones. And, yes, it also keeps the puffiness around the eyes at bay, especially if you use it twice a day. I haven't been sleeping well the past few weeks but saw myself in a few photos and my undereyes looked just fine and dandy. I'll have to remember to transfer it to another container because my boyfriend saw the tube in the medicine cabinet and asked if I was okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by MissMeggiebeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Gel, as I read that it was a better choice than cream. It dries, and doesn't allow makeup to go over it smoothly. It tends to dry out my already dry eyes, and I haven't noticed a positive difference in my circles at all - they may actually be worse, due to the severely dry eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by aithny2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, don't judge me but I used preparation h for my localized cellulite. I had 1 bottle of the preparation h with bio-dyne and 1 without. i used the bottle without first, then the bottle with bio-dyne when I was actually wearing a bikini. I'm 5'5 134lbs pretty fit but I've got a few areas on my lower half with a bit of cellulite. I bought preparation H 2 weeks before my vacation and applied once a day after showering. Once on vacation I applied it like twice a day. And my legs looks so smooth, the change was fantastic! I bought a few different cellulite cream and nothing made a difference like preparation h. of course I workout and do 35-45 mins of cardio daily, but this really made me much more comfortable in a 2 piece. I also dabbed a little under my eyes after my 16hr flight. This is definitely my vacation must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another HG product. The Prep H gel (Canadian version) goes with me everywhere. It is especially useful for travel.

What does it do?
Reduces puffy eyes,
Decreases redness and pain with pimples
Reduces the sting of a sunburn
Numbs the sting and itchiness from insect bites.

The primary ingredient in the gel version is Witchhazel which has long been used as a remedy for all of the above conditions.

The only thing I would change about this product is the ugly packaging and unfortunate association with its primary purpose! That said, I'll suffer through given the low cost of this panacea for almost everything.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm where do I start? OK I got this from Canada a week ago because I read that the US PH does not have the yeast extract where the Canadian one has shark oil and yeast. I hate the smell although you get used to it.
I have not seen a noticeable difference in a week. Some women said they saw results in one day maybe I should count that as a blessing.
I find it to be very greasy but once it absorbs my skin gets dry for a few hours. I also noticed my skin turned into a big ball of prickly heat without the itch. Very rough so I have decided to apply it to the areas that have small wrinkles which are my smile lines, forehead and my neck just for good measure. I will give this a month and if there is a change I will update but if I had to answer now , I would not purchase this again. I have seen slight smoothness in my chest (deco area) and hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay...I have wondered about this stuff for a couple of years now. But recently, the bags under my eyes have been really bad. Some of it is due to my age (even though I take good care of my skin) and some of it is because my little dog is on medication that makes her have to use the potty every 4 hours. Well, lack of sleep has been making them worse. So...last week, I ordered a tube of the cream from a pharmacy in Canada.

It came yesterday and I was so excited to use it that I couldn't wait until I actually went to bed. I put it on at 8pm. I used a Q-tip and applied a small amount under each eye, along the line under the bags. I did not smear it all over the skin under each eye. Woke up this morning and there was a distinct difference that I am happy with. Does it look like I had a procedure to remove the fat under my eyes? No and it won't, either. No cream can do that. The line (aka wrinkle) is still there from the bags, but is not as prominent. This is after one use. I am going to apply it again after my shower this morning before I go out. I am absolutely thrilled. So glad that I did not waste my money. I am sorry for the people that this hasn't worked for but I am not telling a lie here...it worked for me. My husband expressed a desire to try it for the dark circles under his eyes. lol What the heck! I may have to purchase a bigger tube!!!

UPDATE: I put this on again this morning after my shower and the results are even better. I am so happy with the results. It really works for me.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I tried this before several years ago when I heard about it's potential to reduce swelling in puffy eyes. It sounded so unconventional and so cheap and rewarding!
The negative outweighs the positive by a long shot.
It creates a film that will peel and make you look like a shedding snake. It smells horrible.
So what is this supposed do? Shrink blood vessels? Because that's exactly what i need- less oxygen and nutrients being delivered to my skin. If I wanted that I would just smoke a pack of cigarettes. And it doesn't do anything to de-puff your tissues where the water is retained, just the blood vessels.
Bottom line: it didn't noticeably work and just made a fool of me. I'll stick to cucumber slices, thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by yara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

IT BURNED MY FACE!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I guess I'm the only person in the world that this doesn't work for. I bought the Canadian prep-H with Biodyne on amazon and I've used it probably 5 different times so far under my eyelids. No reduction of bags at all. Not even a little bit. I was surprised b/c so many ppl swear by this and I was sure it would work for me. Oh well, at least I won't have to deal with the horrendous smell of this product anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This so doesn't work for under eyes like most women say it will. I have dark under eye circles and they were worse after this.