October 1, 2014 | 1461 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Pink Sugar Creamy Solid

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Argogirl

I agree with the other users that said this actually smells better than the 'real' Pink Sugar (liquid form)...I dunno, the peppery note seems 'softened'? It's still there, just not as smack-you-in-the-face.

I bought this because my beloved Gayle Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy fragrance (ladies if you haven't tried this PLEASE DO, cheaper, not so peppery as PS, and not as overplayed)...anyways, the bottle shape for DCC is TERRIBLE and way too awkward to lug around so I bought this to 'touch up' with during the day. Yes it smells nice, but after 15 minutes it's all but gone. I rub some on my hand just to 'pick me up' around the house and I check 15 minutes later...nothing.

It is fun to apply, cute packaging when you buy it, and when you put it on, the fragrance is absolutely lovely, but what's the point of all that if it doesn't last?

Another perk is that the compact seems to last long because knowing the poor staying power, I usually slather this on wrist/elbows/chest/back of neck/cleavage knowing it won't last...and I still have not finished even the creamy swirl part.

I said I will not buy again because I have found the answer to my prayers...the Travalo!! (see review!) I will use this to take my Cotton Candy fragrance with me wherever I go...but I can't lie, I will have fun using the PS Creamy Solid Compact until it wears out.

But after that...ta-ta!! Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ritatir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I fell in love with the pink sugar perfume, then the showergel, and now this... I absolutely LOVE this wonderfull product!

I actually find it smelling a lot better - if such a thing is even possible!!

I simply rub by wrist gently in the cream and the rub wrist against wrist.
- the lovely smell stays forEVER!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is so cute, but the smell does not last at all on me. I much prefer the edt version of pink sugar. I guess its nice to be able to carry this around and use as a pick me up, but I really can't smell it all all after about 15 minutes, and on me there is absolutly no sillage. I'll use it up, but wont repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

I keep this in my purse. I don't use the regular Pink Sugar in the bottle but kind of like this better. No matter what perfume I'm wearing, sometimes I dab this on later in the day for a pick-me-up. Or like today when I forgot to put perfume on at home, I have this ready to go. Pretty good lasting power on me. Sometimes I just open it and smell it! I do wish the packaging came with a mirror as it seems odd to open it to just plastic.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by thelightshow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The EDT smells too much like candy, very sweet, and I was hoping this would be a little less intense. It is not. It is just as intense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to buy the compact after receiving a perfume sample of this from Sephora. I really like foody smells, especially vanilla smells but when ever I would smell it in the store from the bottle I didn't like it and found it really did smell like burnt sugar.

I decided to try my sample one day and it didn't smell all that great right away but 2 minutes later, it dried down to a nice soft powdery sweet smell which doesn't smell so spicy and overpowering as it does in the store. (you can smell spice but just slightly). As soon as I ran out of my sample, I went out and bought the compact.

While the compact is nice to travel with, I find the fragrance needs to be reapplied with the compact. If I finish the compact, I will likely but the EDT version as the fragrance seems to last longer.

For some reason this fragrance overall seems to smell wonderful in the wintertime. If you have gone in to the store and smelled Pink Sugar and didn't like it, I suggest you spray some on your wrist and smell it a little later to find if you actually like it. Smelling it straight from the bottle it does smell like burnt sugar.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by terilynd

To me this does not smell like pink sugar when you put it on. It starts to smell like something floral. My bf was not feeling well one day and said I smelled like the bathroom. (I know all the lovely complements) but when he felt better I made him smell it again and he said it was nice. It didn't matter to me at this point I realized I smelled more like a floral air freshener than sweet vanilla and caramel which is suppose to be the lovable part of pink sugar. Secondly I can't smell myself wearing it.
I wore it at work once and started to smell the lovely pink sugar fragrance and was relieved and almost decided to keep it, then realized my manager was wearing the EDT.
On my break I went to sephora and exchanged my creamy solid for the 1 oz edt. I am very happy now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The compact is adorable, and the perfume is really creamy. My only complaint is that it has no lasting power. Which bums me out. I love to take along the fragrance, I just find I have to use it more than I would expect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lili1968

Like the reviewer below, I carry this compact in my purse and no matter what fragrance I have on I sometimes put a little of this below my ears and on my wrists and it really perks me up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by catherinaespinoza

I love Pink Sugar perfume, so much I needed to carry it with me. The perfect way to have this fragrance on-the-go is this cute compact :D Even when I'm at home, I compulsively apply a bit to my inner wrists... The packaging is so clever, it comes wrapped as a lollipop, and the actual compact is much bigger than I expected.
Of course, if you're not into sweet vanilla-caramel fragrances, this is not for you...