October 24, 2014 | 919 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Tan

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by mnf4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a better-than-average tinted moisturizer, mostly available on ebay since they d/c this color in stores. If you have very oily skin, I would INSIST that you set this with some kind of mattifying powder on top (I use MAC Blot Powder in Medium/Dark), or risk looking super duper oily after an 8-hour work day or if you are taking pictures. Even though my HG foundation is MAC Pro Longwear in NC40 (stays pretty matte on me after 12+ hours), I find that I can achieve a "dewy" look with WnW TM (applied with my fingers) with blot powder on top (applied with a kabuki brush) because throughout the day my facial oils will slowly and naturally seep through nicely. Although it's a TM, it somehow provides medium coverage with a foundation-y kind of feel that blends in magically with your skin tone. Oddly, it won't completely cover up blemishes despite it feeling like a foundation. I haven't experienced any break outs or sensitivity so that's a plus. Typically, I use this in my everyday FOTD when I don't want to use up my precious MAC Pro Longwear or simply when I am going for that naturally dewy, but not greasy look . Taking off one lippie because I can't use it alone without looking like a grease ball after a 12-hour shift at the hospital and it also shows a slight white cast in photos (probably from the SPF that's in it).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stocked up on this awhile back in the Tan shade, because for some reason WnW decided to discontinue that shade :-( Sunkissed is the only other decent option for tanned skin, but you may need bronzer. What a shame! My other fave is Hard Candy's TM, but this one offers even more coverage and is more matte (which my oily skin needs). I have found the best application is with your fingers, since it is rather thick. My skin looks flawless, without the heaviness of a regular foundation. Also, I'm very breakout prone, and this doesn't break me out at all. It lasts all day, does not oxidize, and is dirt cheap! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by dreapal81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I have extremely oily skin and this product is not oil free, which seems odd, but I put it on over my Murad oil mattifier and it is great!! I love the coverage, but light feel of the product and it does not take much. I don't even wear foundation anymore. It is really hard for me to find tan, so I usually buy it on ebay, but seriously this is my hg and I love it. For reference I am an nc42. Took off one lippie because it does not stay on the whole day w/o my Murad.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

Love love love this stuff! A staple in my make-up case. I wear it alone on the weekends when I am just bumming around to even out skin tone, etc. Wear it under make-up during the week and really evens out my skin. Will be a repeat customer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this!!! I decided to stay away from liquid foundations and settle for a TM and powder instead..and based on MUA reviews, I decided to get this, got it off of ebay for under $2..I'm an NC35, at first I tried Sunkissed, but it made my skin look dull, so I decided to get Tan, and it was a perfect match. It really covers up my redness, and felt REALLY light, and made my skin soft..I will be repurchasing this..
~~~EDIT: 10/20/09~~~
I only use this as a concealer now..and I love it. I can't stress how much this matches my skin tone, this morning I put in on my acne scars, and after it dries, my face looked PERFECT! I didn't even need to put a [setting] powder on top.
~~~EDIT: 11/26/09~~~
I wore this for 14+ hours..and I got REALLY oily..I've never been sooooo oily in my life. It works really good until it hit 10 hours..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ias23

this is the only tinted moisturizer that i really love.. it has a nice coverage but there's no heavy feeling, it makes my face glow, it also last long, and it has an spf which is a plus for me.. this is also totally cheap unlike to other tinted moisturizers that are not effective as this, i got mine bogo for 3.99 at walgreens..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dontknowwhy

LOVE THIS!!! Someone on MUA recommended this for me and I'm so glad they did. I have very acne-prone skin but this product doesn't clog my pores at all. Plus, it provides some coverage without being weighty and waxy like Keihl's TM.

Perhaps the main reason I love this product is because it's very similar to MD Skincare's TM but it's NOT EVEN 1/10 of the cost. I literally bought this for $2.99 and I don't think I could ever switch (at least not in the near future).

The only reason I took one lippy off for the packaging is because if you travel with it and your make up bag is really stuffed it might burst. Of course this is mostly my fault, but it still sucks :(

EDIT: So after using this product for 3 months I switched back to MD Skincare's TM. This is a great product if you have good skin and want light coverage, but my skin is too sensitive and this product didn't give it the glow I desired.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by lena1two3

I love this tinted moisturizer. One specific shade doesn't match my skin tone, so I bought natural and tan and mix them together, and it looks perfect! I don't like the packaging that much, but I've had worse...So all in all, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by BellaNova

Okay, I'll admit, I'm a Sephora junkie! I have tried tons and tons of expensive foundations from MAC to Laura Mercier to every other brand carried at Sephora. However, because of my super acne prone skin, I found no foundation to be a good match. So imagine my surprise when a cheap old drugstore TM performed better than expensive ones I have tried!!! This TM has surprisingly good coverage (like a light foundation) that covered redness and light acne marks. And, the best part, it doesn't break me out!!! I am a MAC NC35 and this is a great match for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I've been using this tinted moisturizer for almost 3 weeks. I have very oily skin that is acne prone & easily clogged pores (what else can you ask? :oP) This moisturizer goes above & beyond my expectation! Because of my oily complexion, I rarely put moisturizer on, especially during the day. But I usually break out during winter and have more clogged pores compare to the warmer months. I'm tired of the heavy feeling from foundations, SPF and moisturizers, so I thought I give this a try - since this has all 3 (tinted moisturizer with SPF15). I'm sooo glad I did! Just like any other W&W products, this one is also dirt cheap (I think I bought mine at around US$3-4). Very light, yet surprisingly covers my imperfection pretty well! I just use this lightly, then followed with my Palladio loose rice powder. My face doesn't get any oilier than usual (any other moisturizer that I've tried, always make my face oilier). I'm an AAB with medium tan complexion, and the tan is a good match. I would say the color is really forgiving and just blend in with your skin. My skin tone usually gets darker during summer, so we'll see whether or not this color still a match. So far, no break out nor clogged pores! Hooraaaay ..... ^.^