October 22, 2014 | 1687 users online

Body Scrubs - Dermalogica - Exfoliating body scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by kazza7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product - it was the best scrub I've used on my skin. It's gentle, but the exfoliation is really good - not like some that have 80% liquid and then 20% teeny tiny beads or something. The fragrance is nice and my skin felt really soft afterwards. I was given this as a gift. When I went to go and purchase it was priced at $75.00 and I couldn't justify that at all - not for a body scrub. What a shame - it was good while it lasted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good exfoliator, It's a luxuriously creamy scrub with an immense amount of exfoliating beads which are tiny so you really feel like your skin is being scrubbed and cleaned, and the scent is lovely, it reminds me of the aveda smell, kinda earthy.
Because the beads are so small, they can feel a little uncomfortable if your in too much of a rush to rub them in so i would suggest being really gentle whilst running it in small circles across your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best exfoliating body scrub I have tried. Most of the other scrubs Ive tried leave the skin feeling oily due to the oil bases...this one does not do that. Once its washed off its gone!
It is quite abrasive but then isnt that what you want to get rid of the dead flakey skin...
I recommend this for anyone with intensely dry flakey skin. I use it twice a week during the colder months to keep dry flakey skin at bay & once a week in summer. Excellent product from Dermalogica!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by saposa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Dermalogica product I have ever owned in full size and I will definitely reorder once it's empty.
I have sampled many of their other things. I must say I didn't dislike any of them but they were never good enogh to justify the pricetag (in Europe).
I got several sachets of this scrub with a non Dermalogica order at some ebay store and absolutely fell in love with it! I only use it once or twice a week because this is the one and only scrub that manages to keep my skin soft and baby smooth for the longest amount of time. The smell is lavender, not everyone's favourite, including me, but it doesn't linger so I am okay whith it. The grains are very effective but therefore big and maybe a bit harsher than one would expect. If your skin is on the thin side or very sensitive I would recommend trying a sample to make sure it doesn't scratch you.
I have used AHA lotions before this but never with the same results since I can't get myself to put them on regularly not to mention on a daily base.
All the other times I use Molton Brown body wash to shower. Most of them have beneficial ingredients for the skin, are non drying and they smell SO amazing!
As I said I only use body lotion when I am in the mood so it's this combo that makes my skin pretty much perfect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using a small travel version for a few times now on my chest and back, which is my trouble zone, and won't be purchasing because it's too much to handle for my sensitive skin. I don't find the grains themselves too harsh, but the scrub contains lots of ingredients that don't agree with my skin. I'm left with irritated rashy patches and allergic bumps on my skin after showering. Quite horrible.

Ingredients:

Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Zea Mays (Corn) Cob Meal, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamie, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Hush Powder, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Seed, Ficus Carica (Fig) Powder, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Papain, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Startch, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Essential oils of: Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Lavandula Hybrida, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Cirus Medica Limonum (Lemon)Peel, Santalum Album (Sandalwood), Pogostemon Cabin, Cananga Odorata Flower, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf, Salvia Sclarea (Clary); Vegetable Oil (Olus), Butylene Glycol, Soritan Stearate, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Limonene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general I am a big fan of Dermalogica products and this is the first one I have felt slightly ambivalent about. It does a good job of exfoliation but no better than my favourite L'Occitane almond paste. It feels functional rather than luxurious because of the minimalist packaging. It isn't oily which I think is a good thing. My problem is really the smell which reminds me of crushed stones or mineral baths. It slightly sets my teeth on edge. But I can't argue that it isn't a good scrub so it gets 4 stars for doing a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by gakester8

i love this!!! its the BEST scrub i've ever found. it works so great on feet, arms, backs. even my husband (who hates using any product) agrees that it makes his upper back, which gets clogged pores, feel much better. it is a course scrub that rubs gently. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good product. I got a mini tube of this and was not planning on liking it, but couldn't ignore the results. It really does do a great job with ingrown hair. It leaves the skin soft and silky.

I use wet hands to rub it over my dry skin. I rub till I am satisfied that there are no dead skin cells left!! Then I use a wet cloth to wash off the rest. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by GangstaGoreLulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Makes my skin really smooth and glowy. I apply the body hydrating cream after and my skin feels like silk!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Tasha83

I can only really say great stuff about this product! I used to suffer with terrible ingrown hairs on my legs after shaving/waxing and tried many body scrubs and they never seemed to do anything...the ingrown hairs just kept on coming. In the end a beautician convinced my to buy this and WOW! What a difference, I hardly get ingrown hairs now and I use it about 3 times a week. Because you only a small amount is needed, my first bottle lasted a whole year which to me makes the cost of it totally worthwhile. RECOMMENDED!!