April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Eyeliner - Paula's Choice - Constant Color Gel Eyeliner in Nightfall

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by fluffyhamster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this, along with Expresso, on sale--Paula's Choice was discontinuing them. The packaging is okay, and the eyeliner goes on smoothly. Nightfall is noticeably "drier" than Expresso, which is a bit more creamy.

However, my main problem is that they started to dry up after I began using them. This is especially noticeable compared to L'Oreal's gel eyeliner which does _not_ dry up. I put both containers in some hot water to "undry" them, and it helped. But I would have to do this periodically.

Since this was discontinued, obviously I cannot (and given its tendency to dry out, would not) buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So glad that this was discontinued. I think that PC does have some very nice products, but I have recently become more disenchanted with them, as they pick and choose which user reviews of their products they post to their site, effectively giving them the ability to sensor negative feedback.

This eyeliner is a pretty muted plum shade, and I got it for super cheap because it was being discontinued. It is no longer on the site. Despite the great deal, it was a complete waste of money because it dried out so fast! I hardly got to use it at all (maybe 3 times over the period of a month) before it was so dried out it had come loose inside the pot and I couldn't pick any of it up on my brush. That being said, before it dried out, it did have great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this gel liner. It's nice and stiff textured but not too dry that you can't spread it over your eyelid. The color is perfect- not too black for my fair complexion but still neutral enough to look subtle and classy. It lasts all day and doesn't smear. Overall, I really like this liner and am excited to get more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kerryanne44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this eyeliner, but as others have noted, it dries out too fast. I have the same liner in the gray color, and it hasn't dried out at all (and unfortunately I think they discontinued the gray). It's too bad b/c the nightfall color is pretty, but I probably wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jspnx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite gel eyeliner for the color, which looks very natural with dark hair and eyes. But it's the first to have dried out on me and you don't get much product compared to a cheaper drugstore brand like Sonia Kashuk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this and the espresso color and I think they serve 2 different purposes. The nightfall is a nice color--I prefer it to be a bit more purple however, as this is really nearly brown. I don't like the texture--too dry in the pot and clumps to my brush--it glides on the eye just fine so I'm being very nitpicky when I say that I don't like it just b/c of the brush issue. But it's true for me....I prefer to wash off the brush immediately after using with just a blast of cold water. With this, I have to use soap AND water AND rub it out for about 30 sec to a minute. Who has the time for that in the morning? If i forget to wash it the next day it's pretty hard...making my brush impossible to use again unless I lather, rinse and repeat. And repeat. I much prefer my NARS liners which I miss very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this eyeliner in both Nightfall and Espresso. I really love the Nightfall color - its close to black, but looks less harsh. All of Paula's gel eyeliners are long wearing and I find that them easy to apply - goes on smoothly and you can easily control the thickness of the line. I use Paula's eyeliner brush to apply it.

The only downside for me is that I think that the eyeliner pot is too big - I find that before I have used half of the container, that it starts to get dried out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does not apply very smoothly and it is hard to wipe off any mistakes or choppiness. It was also kind of harsh looking on me. I prefer to wet a dark colored eyeshadow with a liner brush and use it to line my eyes. It's easier to work with than this stuff and it lasts just as long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Windupdolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this dark plummy shade which looks nice with my blue eyes. However I wish the container were a little bit bigger. Overall though I like just as much as the fluid lines for its durability and smooth texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

As others have stated, this is a black-brown with plum undertones. It's a nice change from my usual basic browns without the harshness of a black liner. I guess I'm in the minority here, but IMHO the Bobbi Brown and MAC versions are of slightly higher quality than Paula's, particularly MAC Fluidlines. In my experience Paula's does not apply as smoothly as MAC's and does not wear as well. On me this eyeliner fades significantly throughout the day, and if I'm going out in the evening I have to touch it up. That's not the case with Fluidlines, for me anyway. This eyeliner dries up over time, so it's actually a blessing that the pot is so tiny. I always have to replace a pot while there's plenty left, because the remaining product has dried up to the point of being unusable. Overall I love the color but wish it had the same staying power as BB and MAC, and I wish it didn't dry out.