September 30, 2014 | 1049 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Insolence

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by kiwimakeuplover

I'm currently in the throes of a love affair with all things Guerlain and one of my favourite aromas is the one that comes off their Les Voilettes translucent pressed powder. The search was on for a fragrance that smelled just like that. After checking with the Guerlain SA and googling, the consensus was that Insolence was the closest thing to it.
I ordered it and received it at the beginning of the week and I've worn it 3 times. I must say I really really do like this stuff ( I took a huge risk buying it sight un-smelled as it were, (they didn't have the EDP in stock at the only department store that sells it)) and more importantly I don't cause any offence or feelings of nausea when I walk past people. Just the opposite in fact: my husband likes it (and he's fussy), my daughter likes it (she's got good taste!) as do the friends I've bumped into and wafted my wrist under their noses. As for me, I'm walking around with my wrist glued to my nose enjoying the violet aroma ,for most of the day, when I think no-ones looking (don't want people thinking I'm weird now do I?).
Would I buy it again? Well bearing in mind that I do have a few perfumes lurking around the place, I think in all honesty, that I would!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because I thought it smelt of violets, sweet, powdery like Guerlain meteorite balls.... that scent of Chowards violet candies but wow, so far from it.

At first, I was so bummed!! It smelt like a air refresher spray. Not a fan. BUT, after a week of using it, it really has started to grow on me and no longer reminds me of air refresher spray. It really smells amazing on my skin and the powdery notes are definitely there and a little hint of sweet violets....its a unique scent that isn't for everybody.

I really did not like it at first but from past experiences, I know to give something a week at least to say whether I hate it, love it or like it. I was hoping for a deeper violet scent with more powder that was similar to Guerlains meteorite perfume.

Its a very sexy scent though..... staying power is great!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my signature perfume and the only perfume I have bought twice as I have not yet got sick of it. I absolutely adore this perfume. It smells of violets and once I have out this on I feel so feminine and pretty. My friend at first did not like this but now she loves it. It lasts ages! Definitely my favourite perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will admit that this is very strong. I apply very carefully as "a little goes a long way" is an understatement with Insolence. If you use a full spray you may end up with a headache and a stomach ache. Which is a shame because when used lightly it is divine. The fragrance had me at violet. And I swear I think there is also heliotrope, which for me, is a scent that reminds me of my childhood. Of all the violet fragrances I've used through the years this one by far has been my favorite. I adore the sweetness and the fact that it doesn't end up feeling like a one noter. Not that a one note is a bad thing. Some times I am in the mood for that and I will grab Love in Black. Insolence is the most feminine fragrance and I feel like a bombshell when I wear it. I have the EDT and it lasts all day on me. I love how it leaves its mark on my pillowcases and scarves. The name is just wrong to me and I still cannot understand the association between it and the fragrance. Because it is so very strong and sweet I can understand that there seems to be either those who love it or those who hate it. For me, this is a true sensual fragrance for those who flaunt their femininity. But flaunt lightly, LOL!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay so not everyone is going to like this scent. But I love it! It reminds me of Parma violets and there's just something so great about it. I started wearing it when I was 14, in Greece and four years on it always makes me feel nostalgic. Someone described it to me as smelling of 'Unicorn farts' ha haha, and the thing I like most is that you only need a couple of sprays and the strong scent lasts all day! Lavely! Not expensive either

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Lola452

I adore this fragrance. That said, I can see how it's such a polarizing scent. It's an intense, powerful fragrance that probably wouldn't be for everyone. To me, it smells primarily of candied violets and raspberries, which I think is lovely. And let me tell you, this is a sillage and longevity MONSTER! This was still going strong 15 hours after I put it on. There is something very familiar about this scent, too, although I can't put my finger on what it is. I find the bottle very pretty - looks as nice on your dressing table as it smells!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I actually don't own this, I just sneak a few sprays from my mom.
I love this scent even though I agree with the person who said it smells like bathroom cleaner. It really does. But, really, I just think A bathroom cleaner HAPPENS to smell like this.

The staying power is ridiculous. Just riduclous. I sprayed some on last night, rolled around in my bed for 6 hours, and when I woke up it smelled just as strong. So that is a huge plus.

My mom is a mature lady, but I am 21 and my other 21 year old friend owns and love this. Defnietly transcends generation if it suits the person's taste.

It's very soft smelling and powdery.Very alluring. I sneak smells of myself and fall in love every hour. It's a problem.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an on-again, off-again fragrance. It seems to be between the line of people that tend to prefer department store fragrances, and the people who prefer the really heavy niche stuff. I would never have been introduced if my lovely sister in law hadn't given it to me since her husband [my brother] couldn't stand how heavy it was. I won't go over notes - but this is definitely a 'heavy' perfume. Nothing light and airy about it, and it SCREAMS violets. I don't know what makes a perfume 'heavy,' but this is it. It seems to catch in the back of your throat, and have a distinct weight and muskiness going in. Every time I've tried spraying my arm or wrist, I've wondered what I was thinking, since it can be pretty overwhelming. Still, despite the 'weight'/cloyingess, the scent itself was pleasant. I've usually reserved it, VERY occasionally, to spray on my winter coat as I'm heading out, as it seems to be a very nice cold-weather fragrance to follow you around.

Today though, I decided to spray from far away on my skin right after a shower - and that was the right move! It's much lighter that way [still heavy/musky] and so sexy. This is definitely an 'older' scent, in that you have to have the charisma and PRESENCE to be able to pull it off. I can pull off and smell fabutastic in stinkers like Kenzo Jungle Le Elephant, but I couldn't pull this off in the daytime.

edit: doesn't seem so heavy anymore. Now I spray my decolette and wrists and mmmm bask in the powdery violet-drowned turkish delights bathing in a basket of rosewater. Delicious. Better sprayed than smelled from the bottle. So happy I had the opportunity to try!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This is for the EDT...
Sigh. I really wanted to like this- I wanted it to be my dream French powder-floral; I love Iris.
Unfortunately, I never got used to this- even after using the whole bottle. The initial blast is pure artificial chemical harshness! It does die down about 4-6 hours later and becomes more gentle.
The best way to wear the EDT would be to spray it on before you go to bed so the rudeness wears off by the time you have to be anywhere around other humans in the morning.
Too disenchanted to buy the EDP.
I started spraying it on my laundry, though, and I can still smell it days later- it smells very nice this way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ECPienaar

I am a massive Guerlain fan and after discovering them a few years ago I cant get enough. I think that My Insolence is the nicest out of the insolence range but this may be because it is more girly and flowery than fruity. I dont really like Insolence EDP, I think it smells odd after a while and reminds me of something unpleasant that I can't put my finger on. The EDT is pleasant enough but I would say the My Insolence is the nicest.