Desert Essence Foaming Bamboo Face Scrub [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

on 6/24/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was my favorite scrub ever -- inexpensive, effective, and brilliantly formulated with pure ingredients. I've never found anything else like it and wish they'd bring it back.

on 9/12/2011 12:02:00 AM

This was my absolute favorite face exfoliant. It is in a powdered form which made it great for travel. I am similarly hoarding my last teaspoon full! I contacted the company to find out whether this would be reintroduced to the market and did not receive a response and have been looking for the ingredients to make this myself. My skin looked significantly improved enough to invite comment from friends/colleagues when I used this regularly,

on 8/25/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Best scrub ever! I am so sad it was discontinued, I am rationing what precious little I have left.

on 12/28/2007 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this scrub, I use it once or twice a week and it makes my skin super soft and clear looking. My skin is very sensitive to face washes and scrubs and this along with the Thoroughly Clean Face wash have never given me any issues.

on 3/29/2007 11:05:00 PM

What a great scrub! I have super finicky skin that can't tolerate any kinds of acids or sls so I have to be very careful about what I use. I decided to try this because DE is known for its natural products and I'm a fan of few other things from this line. Now, I can add this to the list! Made primarly of bamboo grains, olive seed powder and tea tree oil this scrubs and clarifies the skin without irritating or drying it out. It's also SLS and Paraben free, which is very important for me. Another cool thing about this is that it comes in a form of loose grains (think ground coffee) and it is virtually base free. You scoop it up from the jar and use it on wet skin. It doesn't really foam (the name is misleading) but it preforms great nonetheless. It leaves you with smooth, baby soft skin. Smells awesome too--like iced lemon green tea!)

on 6/15/2006 2:00:00 AM

AWESOME! That is the word to describe this face scrub.

I bought this on a whim and couldn't be happier. When I opened the jar I was a little surprised since it says "Foaming" face scrub. It appears to be a jar full of tiny brown granules. But when you add a little water to it- wham..it foams and scrubs gently. You don't need a whole scoop - a little goes a long way.
I have very sensitive skin so I usually just use asprin for a scrub but I'm really sold on this stuff.