September 17, 2014 | 1302 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After going through a six month course of a high dose of Accutane, my lips were pretty much ravaged. My bottom lip in particular had a painful deep crack that ran vertically down the center, and nothing seemed to be healing it. I tried Carmex, Chapstick, Blistex, RoC Enydrial, and tons of Aquaphor to no avail. My bottom lip was constantly hurting and it would often be bloody in the morning.

I finally bought two miniature tubes of Lansinoh (one for by my bed and one to keep in my purse) and I swear on my life that my lips began to heal after the first night. I am absolutely astounded at how quickly it worked for me. The deep crack in my bottom lip closed up within three days tops and there's no more pain. If you have severely dry or cracked lips, I highly recommend Lansinoh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing amazing for me. It's not moisturizing enough and just seats on your lips. Not buying for that purpose again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't had chapped lips since I was about 10, and now, suddenly, in the middle of the summer, my lips are chapped like crazy!

First I spread on a double-dose of my ByTerry Baume de Rose at night. This did absolutely nothing, thank you very much, Terry. (I know it's not designed for chapped lips, but I thought it was supposed to be *sort of* healing.) Then I tried A&D ointment, which didn't have much impact. I tried Aquaphor, which was better than A&D, but wasn't curing the chapping completely. So I turned to MUA, my Bible for just about everything. And here is where I read about this product, just 2 days ago. I'd never heard of it, and no longer spend time in the "Baby Needs" section of CVS, so I *never* would've run across it. If you have chapped lips, buy it. End of story.

It is the richest, most soothing potion of life. The tube costs $13, and it will last forever, because it is so concentrated that you just need a speck for your lips. After 24 hours my lips were almost completely better. After 48 hours they're back to normal, but I'm going to continue using this during the day (under lipstick) and at night because it feels so luxurious & makes my lips look moist & lovely.
(No, I would not repurchase Baume de Rose.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I highly, highly recommend this product for dry chapped lips. This winter was so sad and dreadful and I was picking at my lips making it worse. I couldn't wear lipstick, balm anything without my lips looking uneven and even prickly looking from all the dry skin.
This (plus finally stopping picking at them) brought my lips back to normal. It's different from a regular gloss in the sense that it is more long lasting and water/wind proof. Very thick and gloopy texture, no smell really.

Thinking of what it is doesn't gross me out at all because well I feel like if it's good enough for a new born baby to ingest I must be safe:) The only issue is it's hard to find in Toronto but I finally found it at a shoppers in mississauga. My friend, when pregnant actually bought this stuff before she gave birth (a bit of a keener) and she has been using it since breastfeeding and she says she loves it but still suffers from chapped nipples. So can't really comment on that but for lips this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised everyone is reviewing this for use on the lips. I got a rec from nail board to use this on my dry, cracking, awful cuticles and it's been like some sort of miracle. I can't even tell you what this had done for my hands and cuticles! I also use it on my feet in the winter and the awful dryness and cracking is relieved. Great stuff, though I haven't tried it for lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rachelolio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is nothing short of a miracle for me, my absolute holy grail lip product.

I've had the world's worst dry lips since I was a teenager, and nothing helped - I tried scrubs, creams, balms, oils, Vaseline, even going totally lip-product free, and nothing improved it, some just made it worse. Basically bits of skin were peeling off my lips every day for ten years, to the point where I have a permanent red scar on my lower lip from it bleeding so many times.

Then within days of using Lansinoh morning and night my lips were soft and smooth and not the slightest bit peely! Yes the texture is very thick and sticky but it's more than worth it for the actual MIRACLE this has performed.

I have to keep using it every night, after a couple of nights without it my lips start to get dry again. I never want to be without this product ever again. This is probably the only product I'll ever say that about!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is hard to rate in terms of lippies. It has pros and cons. But bottom line, it works and I have bought it again and again.

I first used this when BFing. Thankfully, never had cracked nips but applied this religiously to avoid that horror.

Aside from BFing, works great on cracked hands or feet. I am plagued with dry skin - especially on my heels. When going to get pedicure, before I take my shoes off I'm like... "I know I'm a challenge. I WILL tip you."

Pros: (1) no stinging on dry or cracked skin, (2) works!!! I've tried EVERYTHING!!! (3) fairly easy to find (4) relatively inexpensive

Cons: (1) THICK!!! I can't even think of any skincare product to compare it to b/c it is so thick. Maybe dried out toothpaste or the dried out bits around the neck of a rubber cement container (now that I think about it the smell is kind of like rubber cement). It does warm up with skin contact. It is HARD to get out of the tube it is so thick. I think a pot or tin would be better. It is such a hastle to use that I often find myself reaching for my Aquaphor or Attrac-tain instead (2) STINKS. I HATE the smell of this product. I would have to be really hard-pressed to apply this to my face or lips. The smell does not dissipate IME. (3) The flip top has broken off almost EVERY tube I've ever purchased. And I've purchased 15-20 tubes (I BF 4 children + my dry "tip required" feet). (4) It stains my socks. I also have a suspicion it "breaks down" the cotton b/c they seem to wear out faster. I have certain socks designated as "lanisoh socks".

So as you can see, it has some VERY strong cons but I still buy it b/c NOTHING has ever worked as well as this product for my dry feet/hands.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Give it a chance!
I disliked this at first, because it was heavy and felt like gross vaseline, but now I prefer it over everything!
Pure lanolin is fairly solid at room temp, so you really need to warm it up, either in your hand or on your lips. Once it melts, it goes on like butter. Rub it in nicely, and you'll have soft lips or skin for hours!
I also thought it was breaking me out around my mouth, but it is definitely not doing anything bad. Either it's possible to "get used" to it, or something else was happening.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by lacey77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh, this works well enough...kind of a Vaseline on steroids. I It is very thick so it does a good job of sealing in moisture but tends to make the chapping problem worse with long term use. The packaging gets greasy/linty fast but it is obviously designed to sit in a medicine cabinet, not to be toted around. I used up my tube but will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by camrielynn

I hate to be "that person"-but I also hate putting this stuff on my lips. It's so thick and sticky, I can barely get it to spread over my chapped lips. I can't stand the feel of it, which is a huge bummer because I now have a big container of it sitting unused. I much prefer Aquaphor, which has a better consistency and keeps my lips soft, even in the cold snowy weather!