October 1, 2014 | 1645 users online

Sunscreen - Bioderma - Photoderm MAX Fluide SPF 50 PPD 35

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the summer 2013 version tube so apparently the latest one.

Pros:
- excellent protection
- transparent finish

Cons:
- soooooo greasy! my face is so oily after, even with powder on top it still keeps that greasy apparence and i have oily skin!

Definitely won't repurchase, it's impossible to use such greasy sunscreen! will keep it for house or sport or stuff like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in Paris. I am NC30 of Indian origin. This sunscreen was slightly greasy on my dry skin so I prefer to wear it on days I stay home (I wear sunscreen everyday rain or shine, in or out). White cast dissipated quickly so no complaints there. Did not feel it made any difference to my sunspots much. It did sting my eyes when I washed my face to take it off. I much prefer La Roche Posay to this so probably will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

Purchased based on info from MUA skincare board. I have repurchased about 4 times now at least. I use daily. I have sensitive, combo, clog prone skin. This sunscreen does not feel heavy or greasy to me. Does not leave a white cast. Is "cosmetically elegant" as they say. I feel it has helped the dark spots I have both from acne scars and sun, to slowly fade, though it has taken patience waiting to see results. I am very happy with this product for how it feels and for the high quality protection. It has a similar texture to Sofina which I loved however the Sofina did not protect my skin enough. This offers excellent protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because I am very pale and I get sunburn easily I need to use a high sunscreen very often. I absolutely hate the sun protecting creams leaving greasy film on the face. For a long time I wasn’t able to find a product, that would have a high spf and leave a natural finish on the skin and feel like a normal skin.
I am so happy that in the pharmacy I was recommended the Bioderma Fluid. I buy several tubes per year and I couldn’t be happier. It is a very good sun protection and it absorbs quickly and is even a good base underneath makeup.
I use it also on my chest and shoulders (sometimes arms) and it works just perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF 50+ Solaire Ultra-Fluide
Very High Protection Intolerant Skin

Definition of "cosmetically inelegant" for me. Didn't blend in; "pilled" or balled up on skin, even lightly dabbing and not rubbing. Slightly stung; felt greasy.

Also, annoying packaging, in that the cap is completely removable.

Definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ascatterheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Light, but moisturizing (it can actually get pretty oily if you don't have dry skin). Very light fragrance. It lasted for about a year of daily use. The packaging is pretty bad though, the product can easily leak. It's pricey.
I wouldn't buy again, there are better products.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jgtyd

An absolute waste of my money! Did not live up to its promise of leaving no white residue and made my skin extra oily! An upsetting waste of money and would not recommend anyone to buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you're serious about protecting your skin from the widest range of UVA rays, then you owe it to yourself to try this. It goes on thinly, spreads easily and has no fragrance. Yes, it can get greasy, especially in the hottest weather -- but the right powder foundation can fix that.

This is my go-to facial sunscreen as soon as the UV index climbs to "moderate." (I use the La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 15/PPD 15 daily moisturizer when the UV index is low, since it's half the price and easier to get in the U.S.) I order it from a variety of on-line sources, since it isn't sold in the States. I also use this on the backs of my hands and forearms religiously. I like to apply it over a spritz of Cinema Secrets' Moisture Spray. The spray helps the Bioderma to spread more easily, so I can apply the required 1/4 teaspoon on my face.

Then I let the sunscreen set, which can take 10 minutes or more. It will not get matte, exactly, but it will get un-tacky. Over that, I use my beloved BECCA Luminous Skin Colour and then BECCA's mineral foundation over the spots that need more coverage. This is the sort of sunscreen that really does best with a powder foundation, especially in hot weather. I also keep blotting papers handy.

I have yet to find a high PPD sunscreen that is truly matte and doesn't irritate me. (I am Baumann skin type DSPW, with some tendency to redness with the wrong ingredients. I can tolerate avobenzone, for instance, if I'm careful with the rest of my routine.) If you simply can't tolerate the shininess of the Bioderma fluid, then try Avene's Very High Protection emulsion sunscreen, which is more matte -- but it has a heavy floral fragrance that my nose and skin just can't handle.

One more note: My DH, who has pink Irish skin and yet a hatred of sunscreen, uses this willingly. The tube is small and easy to slip into a pocket and he likes that it's fragrance-free. For that blessing alone, the Bioderma is an HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by fancypants7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man on man does this product leave your face oily! After waiting 20 min for it to absorb I'm still an oil slick. However, I'm very pale, I live in Texas and it's 108 degrees this summer; I need some major UV protection and this does the job. I haven't burned or freckled since using this.....and trust me, I know right away if a sunscreen works, I will start burning walking from the door to the car. This does required using using powder to help mattify it. When I put some loose powder on top (after giving it some absorption time) I will have a nice dewy finish......I will have to repowder in a couple of hours which I don't have to do with other sunscreens, but hey, with the UV protection this bad boy gives, I'll live with it......at least until the end of the summer.

UPDATE: since we have been having a month of over 105 degree weather where I live I can't use this anymore as it melts like a mofo in heat. I went out shopping for an hour and as I was walking around my husband asked me if I felt okay because my face looked like it was drenched in sweat......nope, that's just my sunscreen melting all over my face and neck. I've since switched to Image matte sun defense as it works better in heat and staying matte. Maybe once this awful heat streak is over I'll come back to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's not greasy and doesn't leave a white cast, great texture, very easy to apply but it flakes after applying, and it's too expensive, so I won't buy it again.