April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Makeup Brushes - Laura Mercier - Smoky Eye Liner Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Ever since I began using gel liners (mostly BB) I couldn't get the look I wanted without devoting time concentrating on application and touching up with eye makeup remover. I entered the game like all of us with the BB brush which was the culprit. I moved on to MAC #263 which does a good job but the best one was the stubby coarse brush that came with L'Oreal HIP liner. The liner is long gone and wasn't all that great but the brush is phenomenal at getting a great line on quickly. However now that has been replaced with this LM beauty. It gives me a lot of control, goes on quickly and does a great job with a wing. It also gives me the ability to apply a less intense line for a softer colour but with shape not smoked out. Why this is called the smokey liner is beyond me because it is perfect for defined lines. If your gel liner isn't working well or if you possess that awful BB gel liner brush toss it and get this one. At $29. it will make your makeup application easy and very polished. I don't think a makeup artist could do a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by LilacGal

If you have struggled to find a good eye liner brush, that can take your clumsy application to flawless -- please stop, and rush to buy this brush. A MUST HAVE.

I rarely write reviews, but this brush merits one. I've always wanted to do great eye makeup, like the one you see many youtube beauty gurus do. My liner application was always clumsy, never stayed in place, smudged and gave me raccoon eyes. I bought this on the recommendation of a youtube guru, and I cannot thank her enough. I have many brushes from different brands, I figured I might try this one as well, since I was struggling to get my eyes right every time.

This brush applies eyeliner like a dream -- flawless, smooth, stays in place, literally glides with absolutely not much effort from my part. The line it forms is very clean, and crisp. It literally takes just a minute to line both my eyes. I'm totally in love.

If the price is high for you, please wait for the 20% discount. I'm considering buying an extra as well. Please, Please listen to all the positive reviews below, the ladies are speaking the truth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by inbetweendays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier brushes are under-rated, in my opinion. This brush is a must-have. The end tapers to a fine point so it delivers a very precise line; it is composed of natural fibers. It does not skip at all. It works equally well with gel or creme liner. I use it with gel liner or eyeshadow for my undereye line and it gives me a perfect, smudgy "whisper" of color. It also applies color perfectly to my top lid which is the main reason I purchased it. I've tried a few other brushes and none compare (Mac's angled, BB ultra fine liner, BB eye liner brush) to the results I get from LM's smoky liner brush. I have not noticed any shedding whatsoever in the 9 months I've owned it (with once or twice/weekly washings). I would absolutely repurchase this brush if I lost it; HG for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Precise application results are consistently to be had with this eye brush. Particularly effective at corner application. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great! I use the Bobbi Brown gel e/l's and wondered why they "skipped" and I could not create a wing very easily. I was using a slanted/angled brush by Studio Gear, not really cheap ($16) but not as expensive as this. Well, the reason I now know is that the brush was just not thick enough, the bristles were too sparse, and yet again I learn the hard way you get what you pay for. Now my BB gel e/l's are fine and I can make a bit thicker, which I wanted, line. It is not thick, though you could do that with this brush, just thicker of course as it is not skipping skin on the lid as I apply. This was a great investment and so glad I bought it as I thought the problem was with the e/l.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a great eyeliner brush! The bristles are natural hair and the brush washes beautifully. It is not too long and is very well balanced. The pointy shape makes it easy to draw anything from a fine line to very dramatic shapes. I use this with gel liner and eyeshadow and it just performs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE perfect eyeliner for tightlining, VERY precise, yet VERY gentle for the undereyes, AWESOME for smudging makes eye detailing a cinch! Especially if you don't have very large eyes.

It is damn pricy for $30 and I made a mental note that I will return it if it sucked. This brush is worth the price and definitely delivered.

I was on a brush voyage before getting my hands on this baby. I bought MAC #209, 211 & the 219 pencil brush but somehow I couldn't achieve that perfect, smudgy, under eye liner look. All the brushes either feel clumsy or rough when used on the under eye.

For amateurs who wants pro results, this is the brush to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is THE best brush for lining with gel or cream liners- even liner-newbies can achieve a perfect result without effort with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GiGiBean703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this brush! It is expensive, but I think it's worth the money. I use it with my gel- liners. It makes a quick and easy line (thin or thick) My second brush from LM and I am very happy with her products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best of the best. Extremely versatile, as others have mentioned. Soft, pliable enough to not affect your eye area but stiff enough to control. The tip is extremely fine which makes it possible to create a cat eye and finely wing out my eyeliner. Works well as a smudger brush too. Extremely well constructed, as all LM products have a meticulous attention to detail. Wish this has a better cap as opposed to the plastic. You need this brush.