August 31, 2014 | 953 users online

Shampoo - The Natural Source hi-shine colour hold shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:32:00 AM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had 'Hi' hopes for this, and have so far tried the Extra Body shampoo and unfortunately, even though i have thick hair it made it limp and rather stringy. It does impart a shine - but more one that seems to lie on the surface of the hair shaft as a residue, which isn't very nice: it doesn't look as though the hair is clean and shiny and healthy. I felt residue over most of my hair, though the scalp didn't suffer as much as with other shampoos.
I intend to try the Extra Care version and will report back. Fortunately I had these very cheaply from a website so I didn't waste too much money, but I won't be repurchasing and I may not use it again either :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by n0nplusultra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Accidentally ran into this shampoo during a shopping trip to TJ Maxx. Holy moly, this stuff is awesome! It smells really good and you don't have to use a lot of product at all to get a nice lather going. My hair looks fantastic and I have not had a color fading problem since I got this, and I dye my hair red a lot. HG shampoo if I can run across this stuff again for really cheap!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by osd121

I am so so so AMAZED by this shampoo & conditioner. This is the first time I have ever written a review for a shampoo and conditioner. I have never been stunned by the affects of a shampoo or conditioner (i bought both the high shine extra care shampoo &conditioner as well as hi shine extra body shampoo & conditioner). Sure, I have found that some shampoos and conditioners are better than others but NEVER EVER to this extent!!! It gives me beautiful extra shiny smooth as ever hair and my hair is permed!!! I saw the affects instantly and could not believe my eyes after I started to brush out my hair after using this. Both shampoos as stated by the reviewers below are quite thick and are clear. It lathers well and smells like coconut yummm.... The conditioners are also fantastic. When I bought the extra body conditioner after I tried the extra care conditioner, I was worried it would not condition properly and be really thin and watery in consistency. BUT it was wonderful!! The consistency is still quite thick and it conditions like nothing else without weighing your hair down. Now i absolutely LOVE washing my hair everyday and feel like the shampoos and conditioners really really do something for my hair. This is absolutely my HG shampoo and conditioner and I hope this never runs out!!! (the bottles also look beautiful...ahhhh love love love)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I can't rave enough about this shampoo! I have color treated shoulder length hair that usually is pretty well behaved but wow...this gives me model hair each time I use it (about 3 times a week since I believe in rotating shampoos)! Unbelievably shiny, full...people are literally stopping me to compliment me on my hair. This has a different consistency that most shampoos as it's very, very thick but it lathers very well and rinses clean. I never knew shampoo alone can make such a huge difference in how your hair looks but it apparently can! I'm stocking up for sure!

BTW, here is the describtion of the hi-shine line from thenaturalsource.com:

Hi-Shine Hair Care products are specially formulated to put balance and health back into hair, allowing it to generate a natural shine and lustre.

Developed by a team of medical, herbal and naturopathic experts, the Hi Shine Hair Care products are made via a unique micro-brewing process, which borrows from the traditional remedy of adding beer to shampoo to increase shine.

In fact, many of the raw ingredients and processes used when developing these products were the same as those employed in producing the finest micro-brewed lagers - pure hops, yeast, barley and chemical-free purified spring water.

Combined with carefully selected naturopathic ingredients, such as honey, wheat, bran, malt, coconut or natural henna, the result is formulas that work from within your hair follicle to support your hairís inherent ability to restore and maintain health, and that leave different kinds of hair naturally clean, healthy and with extraordinary shine.