Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio - Viewfinder

4.2

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Silica, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Blue 1 Lake.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hate to rain on the parade, but to me, these shadows are just alright. The salmon and the white are a little hard to pick up on a brush, but the green is much softer. Pigmentation is average. (Yes, even the green.) For the money, you don't get much product. I do, though, like the combination of the colors; they shouldn't work together, but they do. It's a unique combination that you won't find anywhere else. I'm glad that I have it and I'll use it until it's gone, but I probably won't buy it again.

on 10/23/2009 10:15:00 AM

This is great for that evening look!! It blends wonderfully...

on 3/12/2008 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this trio! It's the first eyeshadow trio I've bought where I really feel the colors perfectly complement each other AND my skin tone (pale with pink undertones). Its staypower has also been great.

on 6/15/2006 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Smashbox released several new trios Spring 2006. I should have realized that every line seems to be coming out with similiar shades and Smashbox is no exception. The Eye Shadow Trio in Smashing Viewfinder has a soft shimmery champagne, matte peach, and a shimmery dark olive khaki. The olive is the stand out from the trio. Love this color. The champagne highlighter isnt as pigmented as the other two but not bad. The glide on smoothly and last all day with a good base. The trio retails for $28. What i realized though is that the champagne and peach shade are the exact colors in the Smashing Dub trio. Kinda disappointed. But still pretty.

on 6/13/2006 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nice trio of colors - a shimmery off-white, muted salmon and a deep greyed golden olive. The salmon goes on sheer, the off-white is a nice highlighter and the deep greyed golden olive is great in the crease or to define the lashline. Because the set is higher in contrast, it's not as slap-on easy as other color combinations. But, all together the shades work and make my eyes look defined and awake. They wear well with a shadow base. I reach for this occasionally, but I can see myself using it more in the fall when I tend to wear bolder colors. Not sure if I'd repurchase because I never tend to use up my products but I'll say 'yes' because it's recommendable. :) Pairs perfectly with the Smashing Image cream eye liner.