October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the seven piece sample to test out the colours and coverage of a few foundations. I really glad I did, because this foundation just didn't work well for me, despite giving it a few tries with different moisturizers, no moisturizer, sheer application, etc. The biggest issues for me were that I didn't find the coverage buildable at all, and it reacted very strangely with moisturizer. Granted, I tried this out in summer, but if it doesn't work in the heat, it's not much good to me. With sunscreen or other moisturizers, as soon as I'd be outside for 10 minutes, I'd have beads of moisture on my nose - something that never happens to me in any other situation! It was a pretty fast deal breaker, though I did try again a couple more times at night just strolling my neighbourhood. Still didn't behave very well.

I highly recommend Lucy Minerals foundation if you prefer more coverage, longer wear, and more product for your money. I saw a comparison video on youtube that showed the mountain of EM product she would have had to use compared to the very small amount of LM for the same coverage. She wasn't kidding!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: the reviews below are for the old formulation of EM makeups. They have since eliminated the Lauroyl Lysine that made people break out and returned to their original formula.

I was a Pur Minerals junkie for over 10 years. I could never find anything better (tried Bare Minerals & various drugstore brands). Lately, as I get older, I found my Pur just wasn't giving enough coverage as I'd like. I found myself buying for concealers and CC creams to try to add coverage of my acne scars. I was spending a ton and still not getting the results I wanted. I started to suspect my skin just wasn't matching their shades anymore. After trying my 3rd compact (I went from Blush Medium to Golden Medium to Light Tan), I was still not satisfied and was actually looking into Sheer Cover when I stumbled across Everyday Minerals online and decided to give it a shot because of their free sample offer. I paid approximately $2.00 shipping for 7 samples (4 foundation shades, 2 finishing powders and a bronzer). First off, every makeup company should offer this...fantastic marketing, as I wouldn't have tried the product without this! I really wasn't sure it could beat Pur...until I tried their Tan 5N shade. Holy crap. It's like they formulated it especially for my face. The shade matches so perfectly. My issue with Pur is there are no neutral options, you have to fall into a golden or a blush. I have now realized why the golden always looked a bit too yellow-y for me and the blush, too pinkl. I'm a neutral! This product is also 1/2 the cost of Pur. I ordered the full size, however I'm still using up my sample packet. You need so little of this product that I've seriously gotten WEEKS of use out of 1 sample pack! And I like medium to fuller coverage! I used my IT Bye Bye Under Eye concealer and this base. I use this in combination with their Pearl Finishing Dust. My skin looks flawless and somehow gets better as the day goes on. Words can't express how much I love this makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to this from the BareMinerals (BM) Matte Powder foundation, mainly because the colour range works better for me and the Everyday Minerals (EDM) powder is now free from Lauroyl Lysine.

The palest shade of BM is too orangey on my skin-tone, but EDM rosy fair is a good match. The EDM version is less matte than BM, which might be a downside for some people, but I rather like the EDM finish as its a very 'natural matte' that makes it easier to pull-off the 'no-makeup makeup look'. I don't notice much difference with wear time or coverage, except that I can build up the EDM foundation better because of the superior colour match although EDM goes cakey slightly easier if you put too much on at once. In all, I'll definitely be sticking with EDM and wouldn't go back to BM.

HOWEVER, this EDM product has one massive downside. The packaging is a bit rubbish, it's hard to get the powder out into the lid and when it does come out it seems to go everywhere and makes a lot of mess, something I didn't have much problem with for the BM equivalent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Soleduvala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far the only foundation that has perfectly matched my skin. No thanks to their 7 free samples of course, where you get to chose blushes and bases to find your perfect color. Anyways, I know it's a bad habit but sometimes I forget to take my makeup off at night and this is the only foundation which hasn't caused me to break out. Sheer matte foundation. Also it's very light weight so it's perfect for the summer! Also, the shipping is very fast. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by merwinak

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE ORIGINAL FORMULA IS BACK!!! Woo-Hoo! Everyday Minerals has come back to it's roots and brought back their original bases of matte and also semi-matte. It looks like they have discontinued all of their products with lauryl lysine. According to some reviews this ingredient caused break-outs and the bases containing it had less coverage than the original formula. I am over-the-moon happy about this because I searched high and low for another mineral makeup that would provide enough coverage for my rosacea issues at a reasonable cost. The color names have changed but the website gives the old color names as well. The only thing that would be better is if they brought back the Intensive formula which has better coverage than any of their other bases. They are also selling retail at some Whole Foods but check their online info to see if your store carries it yet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by brinkerbarry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've worked in high end salons and spas for over a decade, so I've used ALL the mineral makeups. Some of which I'm pretty sure aren't even around anymore. I use a concealer brush to apply a little powder around my eyes, nose, and chin, and then follow up with the kabuki over the whole face. Wears very well. I have very oily, sensitive skin and I prefer the matte finish because it has less mica in it. Oily skin + mica = SUPER SHINY. I don't like it. And this doesn't irritate my skin the way other product lines have. AND it's very reasonably priced. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good powder, good coverage and doesn't break me out. It doesn't oxidize either which is something I have a HUGE problem with. I'm super oily and this stays put.
I use Fairly Light Neutral and am NC20/NC25. I've been using this for years and I really like Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral makeup but since they sell in China now and are very dodgy with their stance on animal rights, Everyday Minerals is my go-to foundation and blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awesome!!! Beautiful coverage, doesn't itch or break you out. I highly recommend using a flat top foundation brush such as the Elf Studio one for $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this mineral powder doesn't have enough coverage for me. I have to pile it on to get medium coverage & it does nothing for my oiliness at all. It does look nice over a liquid foundation however. I used it over mufe hd & it looked beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, first off I want to say that I started using everyday minerals because bare minerals started disappointing me and gradually I noticed it didn't cover the same as it use to back before 2010. When I made the switch to everyday minerals, I was using their semi matte formula and liked it. It kind of had that shimmery iridescent sheen to it that was similar to bare minerals original foundation. I still like the semi matte, but I did notice that it didn't all that well either. Now I dont have acne, acne scars, roscea, hyperpigmentation, freckles, large pores or un-even skin surface. I do have a tiny bit of redness on my cheeks from sun exposure, and I like to wear a foundation that matches the same color as my body to even out my tone ( I self tan weekly). With the semi matte, I needed to double/almost triple layer this stuff on for a perfect even complexion. I ordered the matte formula in the same color (I use beige neutral) and the coverage was a lot better than the semi matte. People say it can look cakey and too matte on their skin, but I've never had this problem. Maybe it's the way I apply it. I have oily skin especially in my t-zone. I wash my face, use a toner, then apply my cetaphil SPF 30 facial moisturizer, let sit for 5 minutes, apply monistat chaff relief gel as a primer, conceal under my eyes with cream concealer and blend it in with a damp beauty blender... Then I'm ready for my minerals. I use everyday minerals long handle kabuki brush (not the flat top). I swirl and buff the minerals all over my face evenly and apply 2 layers. I then add some bronzer and apply EM's finishing dust in sunlight and voila. Perfect even complexion. No cakiness, no powdery finish... Just a little shiny in my t zone within a few hours but its quickly fixed with a light dusting of finishing powder. I love this stuff. I've spent prob thousands of dollars on high end make up and countless mineral foundations... I always come back to this one. Trust me, I've tried sheer cover, pur minerals, terra firma, elegant minerals, glominerals, Jane iredale, avon smooth minerals, jlynne minerals, Joppa minerals, alima, element, youngblood, color revolution, sheer designs, sterling minerals, hello minerals, purely you minerals, Lucy minerals... I could prob keep going. They all suck to be honest. I sampled all those companies and I'm still in love with everyday minerals matte base. Trial and errors but it has proven to be the best for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No