November 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by sourskittleash

LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I've used Semi-Matte but because I have acne scars, I need totally matte so they are not highlighted more by the slight 'glowiness' semi-matte gives.

I am NC35 in MAC and got 3W Golden Beige. It feels just a bit dark so I mix it with 2W Golden Light. DO NOT follow what the shade looks like in the box, when you apply it it tends to look darker.

I'm very happy with the staying power and matte look, have no complaints. It's medium to full coverage. I use a puff sponge to apply as per the advice of YouTube guru GossMakeupArtist. He recommends if you have icepick acne scars like me, instead of using a kabuki brush, patting a puff sponge in will cover up the acne dents better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hats off to the ladies who can easily work with this…but for me, this was all sorts of problems…the kind of problems that you'd see an adolescent girl walking around with, not a woman in her mid-thirties, it was embarrassing for the week that I tried it. Luckily, it was easily scrubbed off in the bathroom at work--I'd much rather be barefaced than attempting to wear this stuff.

Dust flying up into my nose when I unscrewed the cap and swirled/tapped my kabuki, accentuating pores that were never a problem before (aging), powdery "done" look--it never really blended in with my skin, no matter how much I buffed and swirled away at the lightly applied layers. The matte formula had a slight satin finish, and it does nothing for oil control: it oxidized in just a few hours, both with and without my tried and true primer, just *everything* was wrong. About the only redeeming quality was that I liked the sheer coverage: I don't need much and prefer to wear my foundation very sheer. But I would not recommend this for anyone looking for full coverage.

Maybe I'm not a mineral foundation person, maybe it takes too much time to apply it correctly, maybe I don't like how "done" they all look…but I know one thing, I'll be sticking with my beloved Estee Lauder Doublewear Light until it runs out and I can find a cruelty free option…which will not be Everyday Minerals.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the seven piece sample to test out the colours and coverage of a few foundations. I really glad I did, because this foundation just didn't work well for me, despite giving it a few tries with different moisturizers, no moisturizer, sheer application, etc. The biggest issues for me were that I didn't find the coverage buildable at all, and it reacted very strangely with moisturizer. Granted, I tried this out in summer, but if it doesn't work in the heat, it's not much good to me. With sunscreen or other moisturizers, as soon as I'd be outside for 10 minutes, I'd have beads of moisture on my nose - something that never happens to me in any other situation! It was a pretty fast deal breaker, though I did try again a couple more times at night just strolling my neighbourhood. Still didn't behave very well.

I highly recommend Lucy Minerals foundation if you prefer more coverage, longer wear, and more product for your money. I saw a comparison video on youtube that showed the mountain of EM product she would have had to use compared to the very small amount of LM for the same coverage. She wasn't kidding!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: the reviews below are for the old formulation of EM makeups. They have since eliminated the Lauroyl Lysine that made people break out and returned to their original formula.

I was a Pur Minerals junkie for over 10 years. I could never find anything better (tried Bare Minerals & various drugstore brands). Lately, as I get older, I found my Pur just wasn't giving enough coverage as I'd like. I found myself buying for concealers and CC creams to try to add coverage of my acne scars. I was spending a ton and still not getting the results I wanted. I started to suspect my skin just wasn't matching their shades anymore. After trying my 3rd compact (I went from Blush Medium to Golden Medium to Light Tan), I was still not satisfied and was actually looking into Sheer Cover when I stumbled across Everyday Minerals online and decided to give it a shot because of their free sample offer. I paid approximately $2.00 shipping for 7 samples (4 foundation shades, 2 finishing powders and a bronzer). First off, every makeup company should offer this...fantastic marketing, as I wouldn't have tried the product without this! I really wasn't sure it could beat Pur...until I tried their Tan 5N shade. Holy crap. It's like they formulated it especially for my face. The shade matches so perfectly. My issue with Pur is there are no neutral options, you have to fall into a golden or a blush. I have now realized why the golden always looked a bit too yellow-y for me and the blush, too pinkl. I'm a neutral! This product is also 1/2 the cost of Pur. I ordered the full size, however I'm still using up my sample packet. You need so little of this product that I've seriously gotten WEEKS of use out of 1 sample pack! And I like medium to fuller coverage! I used my IT Bye Bye Under Eye concealer and this base. I use this in combination with their Pearl Finishing Dust. My skin looks flawless and somehow gets better as the day goes on. Words can't express how much I love this makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to this from the BareMinerals (BM) Matte Powder foundation, mainly because the colour range works better for me and the Everyday Minerals (EDM) powder is now free from Lauroyl Lysine.

The palest shade of BM is too orangey on my skin-tone, but EDM rosy fair is a good match. The EDM version is less matte than BM, which might be a downside for some people, but I rather like the EDM finish as its a very 'natural matte' that makes it easier to pull-off the 'no-makeup makeup look'. I don't notice much difference with wear time or coverage, except that I can build up the EDM foundation better because of the superior colour match although EDM goes cakey slightly easier if you put too much on at once. In all, I'll definitely be sticking with EDM and wouldn't go back to BM.

HOWEVER, this EDM product has one massive downside. The packaging is a bit rubbish, it's hard to get the powder out into the lid and when it does come out it seems to go everywhere and makes a lot of mess, something I didn't have much problem with for the BM equivalent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Soleduvala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far the only foundation that has perfectly matched my skin. No thanks to their 7 free samples of course, where you get to chose blushes and bases to find your perfect color. Anyways, I know it's a bad habit but sometimes I forget to take my makeup off at night and this is the only foundation which hasn't caused me to break out. Sheer matte foundation. Also it's very light weight so it's perfect for the summer! Also, the shipping is very fast. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by merwinak

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE ORIGINAL FORMULA IS BACK!!! Woo-Hoo! Everyday Minerals has come back to it's roots and brought back their original bases of matte and also semi-matte. It looks like they have discontinued all of their products with lauryl lysine. According to some reviews this ingredient caused break-outs and the bases containing it had less coverage than the original formula. I am over-the-moon happy about this because I searched high and low for another mineral makeup that would provide enough coverage for my rosacea issues at a reasonable cost. The color names have changed but the website gives the old color names as well. The only thing that would be better is if they brought back the Intensive formula which has better coverage than any of their other bases. They are also selling retail at some Whole Foods but check their online info to see if your store carries it yet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by brinkerbarry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've worked in high end salons and spas for over a decade, so I've used ALL the mineral makeups. Some of which I'm pretty sure aren't even around anymore. I use a concealer brush to apply a little powder around my eyes, nose, and chin, and then follow up with the kabuki over the whole face. Wears very well. I have very oily, sensitive skin and I prefer the matte finish because it has less mica in it. Oily skin + mica = SUPER SHINY. I don't like it. And this doesn't irritate my skin the way other product lines have. AND it's very reasonably priced. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good powder, good coverage and doesn't break me out. It doesn't oxidize either which is something I have a HUGE problem with. I'm super oily and this stays put.
I use Fairly Light Neutral and am NC20/NC25. I've been using this for years and I really like Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral makeup but since they sell in China now and are very dodgy with their stance on animal rights, Everyday Minerals is my go-to foundation and blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awesome!!! Beautiful coverage, doesn't itch or break you out. I highly recommend using a flat top foundation brush such as the Elf Studio one for $3.