November 27, 2014 | 1455 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Dunes Quad

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by DarkNStormy

I've worn this quad as my only eye palette (minus eye liners) for some time now. It's a great set of nudes that can easily make anything from a plain-Jane, neutral eye to a sultry smokey eye. The ivory, pink shimmer, and taupe shimmer colors are all really blendable, and the dark brown is good to use as eyeliner if you like using shadow for that.

The colors last a long time; I've had this quad for about 18 months now and have only really started to make a dent in the ivory color. I wear eyecolor about once a week. I'm not sure if it's my desire for new makeup or what, but I've started to feel that the colors in the quad are slightly too dark for an eye-brightening neutral eye, which is what I usually go for, and am starting to think that the Preludes Quad (or some other palette) would work better for me.

Other than the colors, I think it's a nice quad and the shadows are really blendable and forgiving.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by FemmeFatale237

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the absolute BEST natural, slight shimmer eyeshadow quad out there. buildable definition allows you to go from barely there to sex kitten..depending on how sexy you're feeling.

TOTALLY worth the price..and it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this quad for ages and can't seem to finish it, but I've hit a serious pan on taupe-beige colour and have huge dents in others.

It is a great neutral quad - white with gold pearl, taupe-beige, camel-beige and dark chocolate brown. I actually like that fact that they have two beige shades that are somewhat similar because I tend to use them the most.

It is a good palette for natural look. I wear it a lot to work ect. However the colours are not as spectacular and unique as they are in other Chanel palettes. You can get something similar for significantly less. Therefor I won't repurchase.

Pros: well pigmented for Chanel shadows, blend nicely, very wearable shades, perfect for every day.

Cons: cost a furtune, colours are not unique, sponges that come with this palette fell apart very quickly

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ct3g

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the taupe. It is such a unique color. I wear it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well 3 shades outta 4 ain't bad - but the dark brown (deepest) shade is not for me. The 2 nmid tones are neutral and very flattering. For $50 for a quad I'll be skipping it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colors are very pretty however I have two major issues as to why I only rate a three: #1 the quality is very crumbly/powdery and especially with the dark brown color, and unless I blow on my eyeshadow brush after swiping color, it sprinkles all over and ruins my face. #2 the dark brown is very dark and not as easy to blend with the rest of the colors ..... on me the dark brown looks almost blackened which clashes a bit with the other colors ..... if the dark brown would have been alot lighter, then this quad would certainly be a hit.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ansleighh

So far so good. still getting used to the colors and experimenting with them. I will update later on if I keep or return. I have hazel eyes by the way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Dreama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmm... I found Dunes to be highly pigmented and opaque. The shades look so neutral and gorgeous in the compact, but unneutral and unflattering on my pale ivory skin. The dark brown in particular is quite difficult to blend as a shadow, but works great when used wet as a smoky liner. As a shadow it just made my eyelids look dirty/smudged. The taupe was super "taupey" and was the same color on my skin as in the compact. Looked completely unnatural. Pale peachy pink and yellow shadows were cute, but nothing to rave about. I'm off to search for something lighter and sheerer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I HATE this quad! It is chalky & has no pigment. I am VERY disappointed! I'm going to Nordstroms to return this week. I tried 2X & was disappointed both times. I love chanel gloss but this quad is horrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kerry12

I really like these eyeshadows. They are neutral but flattering. They go with just about any eyeliner. I think the price is high, but I have not found anything better so I would repurchase.