November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing-Thickening Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's ok. It didn't smudge or flake on me, but it also didn't do much for my lashes. Very subtle effect. The brush is also a bit awkward to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought "Hey, I'm going to buy myself a mascara that will give me gorgeous thich eyelashes and also is waterproof to hold a curl." So, I picked this up thinking that it would do the job. WRONG. This mascara clumps like none other, has a gloppy gloopy formula that somehow manages to get all over my eyelid before I am done applying, and also feels weird and greasy. Although, I must say, It just looks pretty. I don't know. I can't explain. Whatever. Don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just another mascara that promises great things with no delivery. It looked good when first applied, but within an hour my lashes lost all lenght and curl. Sure wish they would bring back the Triple Effect WP mascara. That one was great at volumn and holding a curl. Guess I will have to keep searching for one that works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

Me: early 20s. PPP, NC15, dirty blonde/blue, sensitive, combination, acne-prone.

This: AWFUL. I don't think that it's any coincidence that "awful" and "Almay" have the way number of letters. Really, this is terrible. I've been disappointed a few times before by Almay products, and I don't know why I keep going back, probably because I like the packaging, I'm a sucker for a cute tube of mascara.. But I need to quit it, because I think that this is the third tube of this that I've tried in the past 7 years or so, and each one has been progressively worst than the last! It flakes, irritates my eyes, clumps, builds inconsistently, and basically does nothing but make my lashes look worse.

PROS:
- Cute tube
- Has the "old-fashioned" wand (a.k.a., not the newer, rubber-bristled ones, which I find are more prone to smudge on me, given the amount of produce that they glob onto your lashes from the start
- Not too expensive.. I think that this was something like $6.78 at a local Rite-Aid? Still, *way* overpriced for something that does a crap job.
- No smudging to speak of that I noticed.

CONS:
- Flakes.
- Irritated my eyes like no other.
- Clumped.
- Generally weighed my lashes down, and wouldn't hold a curl to save its life.

Overall, I hate, hate, hated this. I tried working with it for several months, but you know that when you continually ignore a product, and even go so far as to move it out of your sight because it pisses you off that you bought such a crappy product, that you need to just give up and throw it away (if it's mascara that's almost out. Obviously, some things can be re-gifted).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good mascara, works well and is waterproof.
It's cheap and it does the job. It holds a curl and makes my lashes look long. It doesn't clump either.

Dropped a lippie because I wish it were a little blacker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One thing I really like about this mascara is that it is one of the blackest. If you are looking for a really black mascara (I have the Black Noir) give this a try. I think its a little on the wet side, but that is what I prefer. First Almay mascara I have ever tried. It's not my favorite mascara ever but I have no major complaints. Would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Claire1747

I have short eyelashes to begin with and I wasn't expecting any kind of miracle lengthifying to happen but I was still disappointed with this mascara. My original purpose for it was to have a nice waterproof mascara that would add some thickness and definition to my eyelashes for sweaty summer days. Unfortunately, this mascara is just kind of worthless. The brush made my lashes look like slick little spider legs (not feathery or full at all) and it did not add any length. I would say it was like putting dark colored vaseline on my eyelashes.

So, yes it wasn't clumpy but it just really did not do anything for me at all.

I would not recommend it unless you already have thick eyelashes that you just want to add some color too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It wasn't bad when I first put it on my long thick lashes. It actually made them have some curl and made them look darker...but after about an hour or so...it started to fade and weigh my lashes down. If you have straight lashes, I wouldn't recommend this for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara...I've tried lots of Maybelline and Revlon mascaras, and Smashbox and Cargo...this is my favorite. The wand is full but the bristles are stiff and give good definition and volume. If I apply it the right way I can get great length even with my stubby lashes. If I just swipe it on, it still gets the job done. I tried the Almay natural mascara and it irritated the crap out of my eyes. This one is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by BalsamandAmbrosia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this mascara everyday, no matter how high end my foundation or eyeliner or lipstick is, Almay mascara is the mascara I choose. And there are reasons for this:

1. doesn't clump, very smooth, gel cream texture

2. doesn't dry up as fast as some mascaras I have tried, so it tends to last much longer than most mascaras

3. inexpensive, good, lasting quality for the price

4. slim packaging, which means it can fit in my smallest purse,

5. comes in black/brown and black (good shade range)

all skin types can wear this mascara