Jason Natural Cosmetics Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30

2.8

Not tested on animals

This is natural, which I like, but that is the only thing I like about it. 3 Lippies because it won't give you cancer. I really hope they improve upon this soon so it works/feels like the chemical filled ones.

on 4/5/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

WONDERFUL! It was reformulated and now it's wonderful! It is mineral, no nano, just great! Can even use on my face!!!

on 10/7/2011 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried this when my old sunscreen was discontinued. I chose this because the ingredients list and price were good. But I had to return it because the sunscreen was white cast, gritty, and didn't absorb well. It was so gritty that I felt like I was exfoliating my skin when I tried to rub it in.

Now I know why it was so cheap for a mineral based sunblock.

on 10/2/2011 6:16:00 PM

This has been reformulated and called Mineral Sunblock. It is terribly thick and impossible to spread onto the skin. Does not absorb well and leaves a thick, greasy white film on the skin.

on 6/19/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This has been completely reformulated (called Mineral now)
It is fantastic for my arms and legs. I haven't tried on my face yet. The white cast is minimal and dissipates quickly. Scentless. Mostly zinc oxide (14,5) with small amount of titanium dioxide (2%). I will see if I can tolerate that titanium d. on my face as it usually is a problem for me. Love this so far for body. Full five lippie.

on 7/27/2008 10:59:00 PM

Why oh why did I not research this product at MUA before I purchased it. Hard to apply & as stated before it does not blend in at all and I have very fair skin! It's gummy & sticky and my face sweated for about 10 minutes after I put it on. It settled in any line or crease I have on my face & neck and made my pores look huge. Just awful stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this as the price is right and no chemical blocks (which normally irritate my skin) but it balls up under makeup, goops up in my eyebrows, melts off at the slightest bit of sweat. Goop city in the summer. I relegate it to the winter and use it on my hands. So dissappointed. If I do not sweat the sun coverage is fine, I don't burn using it (if a sunscreen does not work I know within ten minutes of direct sunlight, yeah I am that white), again assuming I do not sweat. Also it does moisturize.

I would buy it again only in a beach situation or if I had a reaction to a chemical block.

on 7/21/2006 5:13:00 AM

It is a very nice product as far as how good it is for your skin but leaves my skin so WHITE! There for can't use it much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm.... I'm kind of torn on this. I love Jason products, the fact that this is chemical and paraben free, it has higher SPF, it's not really greasy, and it doesn't get into my eyes. I DON'T like that it cost so much (I believe it was around $14 for a tiny 6 oz tube at drugstore.com!!!), the container is small, it is difficult to spread, and worst of all it leaves you GHOSTLY white! I guess that's what's to be expected of a chemical free, mineral based physical sunblock, it's gotta block out the rays somehow. I just hate that. So I don't know, I'd probably buy this again but it depends on how tired I get of the pasty cast it gives me.

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products