July 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Facial Soap 1 for Normal-Combo Skin

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by reeree7

This product has basically been discontinued, but I still find it at a local community pharmacy (back stock I guess). It removes makeup very well and my acne prone sensitive skin has actually been clearer as a result of using it. Be careful not to use it every night though as it is very drying. And a little bit goes along way. I usually remove my makeup with an oil based cream cleanser and then follow up with this to make sure I get it all off. If I just used the bar to remove my makeup it would no doubt dry me out! Foundation comes off much easier with an oil based product first.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by lizzified

Love this soap and it's a fabulous bargain to boot! It gets all my make-up off (with the exception of some waterproof mascaras) without stripping my skin too much. My skin is left clean but not without that dry and tight feeling associated with many other cleansers. My only gripe is the packaging as I wish it came with some sort of covered soap holder so I can keep the bar clean and dry lol.

After using it for nearly a month, I have also noticed that I am less prone to breakouts. Love Love Love <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this at dollarama a few months ago and just opened it 2 days ago. I have to say this is one of the best cleansers I have ever tried, and I have tried many! Right after the first time I used it there was a difference in my skin. For $1.00 I will buy more for sure.

Edit; I love this soap, however past experience with using soap on my face tells me there are much better options out there. A gel or cream cleanser are far more gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by sistersarah

Surprisingly good buy for $1! I have acne-prone skin and this has caused no problems at all. I'm sick of wasting my money on all kinds of cleansers claim to work miracles. Simple is best. This completely scentless bar will last for months.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cb23

I saw that the reviews for this soap were pretty good, and it sells at the dollar-store nearby, so I thought I'd give it a try. Not too impressed. I bought both the oily and combo skin bars, and I tried the combo first and after I used it on my face, my skin felt squeaky clean - this is not a good sign for me because usually that means the soap has stripped away too much of the natural oils in my skin, sure enough not long afterwards, my T-zone areas on my face became really oily to compensate for all the natural oils the soap just stripped off my face. I used it a couple times to see if it was just a fluke, but every time I used this soap it made my skin really oily not long afterwards. I would not recommend this soap, and definitely won't be buying it again, I'll just stick to my Dove Beauty Bars thank-you!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by missanyssa

I also found this for $1 CDN at Dollarama, and I ended up going back for another.
For such a cheap cleanser, it definitely does the trick. My skin is pretty sensitive so I use it every second day, and it works well. If I used it every day I think it would definitely dry out my skin, but its nice in moderation. It helps keep the blemishes at bay, and your skin feels so clean afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

ive used this a few times so far and im highly impressed with the results. i use this with a micro cloth to clean my face, and my face is left squeaky clean. i absolutely love it. i got this at dollarama (canada) for a buck and i will definitely buy more. this is up to par with ponds 3 in 1 bar.
this got into my eyes a few times and it stings really bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lil4new

I love this product. I began using this after having a serious break out from using clearasil StayClear.. It was awful. I thought Id try Almay bar as I thought it would be gentle and it was a good price. It worked wonders , within 2 days my face had cleared up! I highly reccomend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by candybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser in a bar form. It's super cheap, lathers up well, doesn't sting or irritate my sensitive combination skin. I've noticed my few blemishes clearing up even after just a few days of use. I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Priyanna

With all of Almay's new skincare stuff i was really curious to see what they were like. So after reading the reviews on MUA i decided to try the facial bar soap for normal/combo skin because i needed a new cleanser. Plus at the the price of only 3 dollars i gave it a whirl. Boy was i glad i did. It worked perfectly, thougharly cleansed my face leaving it soft and smooth never stripped or tight. I love it! and at that price whats not to love. It really made my skin look so clean and refreshed. You have to try it!