October 26, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Rosemary and Thyme eye kohl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

This was discontinued, so I'm rationing my pencil. I tried this before I tried Smolder and I like this one better. I apply it sheerly to my waterline and it doesn't come off as green- it just glows. If I see this at a CCO I'm picking it up. It only lasts about 3-4 hours, but I also have very watery eyes and wear contacts. I appreciate that this isn't glittery and chunky, too. Would recommend if it was still around.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This green gold kohl liner helps to counteract the reddish/purple tones that can sometimes linger around my eyes due to allergies/lack of sleep.

I never would have guessed a green would be so flattering on my blue eyes. It's surprisingly proven to be a wonderful work-safe neutral that's easy to swipe on early in the morning without looking heavy-handed. The lasting power is actually quite good as well.

Quite a nice change from my usual brown/taupe liners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a terrificly flattering colour for brown-eyed girls. I was lucky enough to pick this up at a CCO and I really love the colour - a sort of bronzed sage green shade that works well with all manner of neutral and "autumn" type shadows. Applies smoothly and wears well too. And while I dislike sharpening pencils of any kind (lip, eye or shadow), this sharpens pretty nicely, especially if you put it into the freezer for a few minutes first. Great colour to have on hand and it's a lot easier to wear than black when you want to pull yourself together quickly to look polished or you want something a bit more natural and less dramatic. Basically, it's sort of like "easy wear eyes".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great colour for when I want a subtle accent on my lower lash line, or just a little bit of colour to go with my usual daytime neutral eye. It does smudge out somewhat by the end of the day, but I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favourite maceye pencil! Not too green not too gold! A great olive/khaki colour. Very pretty for an every day look, nto too colourfull not too colourless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have hazel eyes and olive skin, so this is a great colour for me. I'm trying to think of a descriptive word for the shade, and all I can come up with is "sage", which is just another herb! I guess you could call it leafy, though it's very soft. (OK, I just cheated and looked on their site - MAC describes it as an olive-gold, which I guess is pretty accurate - though I find it to be more green than gold.) It does has subtle gold shimmer in it, which really makes the colour POP! I actually prefer to wear it on an otherwise bare eye when I wear it on my top lid, or it doesn't actually show up very obviously. On its own, it holds up beautifully. I also like it on the waterline, and it is quite long-wearing either way. It seems to need a fresh sharpen often, for the most pigmented application. It applies pretty easily, though I don't find it to be as soft as other MAC kohls. On the whole, I think it's a nice product. I've been keeping Rosemary & Thyme in my kit for over 8 years, and I'll continue to repurchase. I would recommend it for fairer skin tones - one of my besties, who is quite dark, found that it didn't show up on her at all. For me, though, I dig it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Sass111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the colour, really brings out my green eyes nicely, it's a mid darkish leaf green with gold shimmer. I often wear it on the lower lid with Mac fluidline in New Weed on the top lid...the match is pretty good. Great consistency and easy to apply. I find it lasts well and doesn't smudge horribly, it just slowly wears off rather than leaving green circles under my eyes. Unfortunately every time I use this liner my eyes get itchy and I usually don't react to things easily. I still use it and try not to get too close to the water line - because it just looks really good on me and is a nice eyeliner. I don't wear really dark liners as I am very fair, hair and skin so this colour is pretty perfect if I want something a bit different from my everyday browns. I just wish it didn't make my eyes itchy...other than that it is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I originally purchased this for a friend who has gold/green eyes and olive skin, it waited for her for quite some time, so I decided to try it knowing that most likely it would not work on my very fair cool skin.
I was surprised........this eyeliner looked really nice, I used it on my lower lash line, it was not harsh against my super pale skin, it's a good alternative for me for daytime when I dont want to use grey/black eyeliner. The quality is great and the color lovely. If this works on me it will work on pretty much all skintones, this looks great all year round but I can see it work fabulous in the summer, I can see this look absolutely stunning on warm complexions with deep green/gold/hazel eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I buy a lot of eye liner pencils. I suppose the variety of colors attract me and I think they can add a twist to the look of your eyes very easily if you get a bright or off beat color. Of course, then the blacks and browns can just add definition to your eyes and make your eyelashes more pronounced but ... I liked this color because I thought it would really compliment my brown eyes as greenish/gold colors usually do. And, it does! Unlike so many of my pencils that end up in a pile that gets dug through ocassionally, Rosemary & Thyme is one that stays out with the few that are used weekly in one way or another. Beautiful for lower lash line and I have used it over my whole lid. Really love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a light leafy green with gold. I love green liners, I have to have all colors out there, so I have this one too. I use it to line my waterlines, makes my eyes look greenish. I usually couple it with tarnish or better off with buried treasure. When applied on the upper lid lashline alone I believe it looks teenage-ish. But if you have green, brown o hazel eyes it is a must have to try various different green looks. It has minimal staying power. Wears off very easily :(