September 20, 2014 | 1752 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Plumping Lip Glaze - Ruby Kiss

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I at first didn't care for this but I had to change my review. This is fantastic! I have this in multiple other shades and I love it. It's minty, smells nice, and looks great! The next time I place an order on ELF, I will most definitely get this shade again. The thing I don't like, is how there's not much in a container. I feel like I'm running out already. The color is a nice red but it's not too much. ELF is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Pretty nice gloss, it's very sheer but it is buildable. It applies a little streakily so you have to be careful. Usually I use the plumping side first, it gives you a nice cooling effect, but I don't think it actually makes lips bigger. The color is a medium/dark red but as it applies so sheer you don't really get a dark red lip. It's pretty nice for a red gloss, I usually find them very streaky and too thick to be able to achive a nice result.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Schejtan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty casual lip gloss, only it has the so called plumping side, which has this cooling, slightly stinging effect on your lips. I would defenitely not recommend using the plumping side alone (not to mention using it on sensitive/damaged lips, no way), as it can get too stinging. However, if you put the coloured gloss (or anything else, even a lipstick) over it, you get a nice combination of a cooling and coloured effect on your lips.

The only disappointing thing about this glaze is the colour payoff, which is simply too transparent - hence only four lippies. Apart from that I love the price, the packaging (though there could be a bit more product in it) and the fact that you can combine the plumping side with other lip products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by alice_alice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this lip gloss much. To me it's just a lip gloss. The so called plumping side doesn't do any pumping but it does give a cooling, minty sensation. The color side fades in a matter of minutes. And the tube is actually on the small side and you don't get a lot of product. But for 1.5 it's not a big deal. I'll probably finish the tube but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by FashionableAddict

The plumping lip glaze comes with stain at one end and gloss/plumper at the other. I do like this but i haven't wore it much, I guess its not the type of red lipstick i enjoy , It is lovely but i think i prefer bright matte Red's. It is not sticky and the colour stays well , but be warned it is not as bright as it looks in the tube its more like a gloss red. The other side of the stick that is the gloss and plumper is lovely , I usually use "Too Faced" lip injection I have to admit it nips alot. With the elf plumper/gloss it has a lovely minty sensation , I'm not certain it plumps your lips as much as "lip injection" .... actually i know it doesn't BUT doesn't make me like it any less. I'm more likely to use the clear side on its own rather than use them both at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Beautiful color for my pale lips and PPP complexion, gives the lips some sheer color that looks darker but very natural.
I don't use the plumping part as my lips are sensitive. The only downside is that it is drying in the long run, my lips will become slightly chapped if I use it for a couple of days in a row. But the color is so nice that I have repurchased after using the first one up. I think there is a lot of product there, it lasted me a year (ok, not daily use, but frequent). I wish they made the same color in the mineral lipstick formula that is very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by gabyh79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. The price is great and the color is just right for my skin tone. It does have a minty tingling sensation. It does moisten and plump up any lines I get if they are chapped. I have several of these in my stash, Love em.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by bisco

The color side, is a beautiful shade. But it's gone within a few minutes. The plumping side, is a disaster. I won't even sugar coat it. First off, I've used lip plumpers before. But this, was sticky, drying, and beyond stinging. It also tasted pretty bad, and it even smelled bad. So I use the color side, but not the plumping side at all. I love E.L.F, but honestly this was a big miss for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first plumping lip gloss. I have thin lips, so any plumping is appreciated! First off, the smell/taste is not that bad. I hear about people who just spaz over how e.l.f smells and tastes. I guess I'm not that sensitive. It just smells/tastes lke strong minty toothpaste, doesn't bother me a bit. The white gloss tingles a bit, but doesn't burn like some others I've sampled. I notice a definite plump from this - maybe because i have such thin lips to begin with. The color gloos end is just awesome. It isn't too cakey or too runny - it isn't too dark or too pigmented. It's really just a sheer, medium red that doesn't scream out nor is it too subtle like a balm. I was also quite pleased to see this lasts well through eating and drinking, and stays on the lips without smearing. It is not at all sticky and is quite moisturizing. A++++!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I think I have tried every single d/s red lip gloss there is. It seems most are too sheer or either way to opaque. I've never been satisfied until now. This is just the perfect shade & consistency I've been looking for. Enough red so that your lips are noticable and just the right texture to the gloss. It doesn't scream bright red, it's more of a healthy punch of color.

My only complaint (hence one lippie off) is because there is such a small amount. Yeah, it's only a dollar but I would prefer a bigger package and pay 3 bucks. continued >>