E.L.F. Hypershine Gloss - Blossom

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/5/2013 8:39:00 PM

I've either found the perfect lip gloss, the perfect lip liner - or both just work amazing together. I am thrilled with this lip gloss - so much so that after I bought my first at Target, I went to the E.L.F. website and bought 10 more so I'd never be without. So what if it's $1? It is what it is, but it's great - not to tacky, not too sticky, and it seems to last really long. Incidentally, the lip liner I'm using with it is Maybelline's plum (No. 45). Love this lip gloss.

on 3/31/2012 10:51:00 PM

What were you really expecting when you see a lipgloss for $1.00?
I wasn't expecting anything really, but I was at a Target and in need of a lipgloss so I just picked it up. I was suprised at how much I liked this lipgloss though.. a lot better then I thought it was going to be.
What I like about this product is that for such a cheap price, it has really everything you need in a lipgloss- its glossy, smells nice, pretty color, and lasts.
To be honest I didn't really pay attention to what the color of the one I bought, but I do really like the color I got.
The brush is cute and I like applying with it, but I don't like that you have to twist the bottom.. I was sort of confused on what to do when I first bought it.
The cons are that the lipstick is a little sticky when you first apply it, the twist at the bottom, and the fact that I'm always accidently twisting out to much lipgloss.
This lipgloss isn't a $20.00 Channel lipgloss, but for what it is and what it's worth? I would buy it again :)

on 10/14/2011 6:09:00 AM

i have no idea why this is called "hypershine". It gives less shine than the average lip balm. The smell is unexpected but nice, smells and tastes like sugar...but I would not call this a gloss. The packaging is wasteful, the lip brush applicator is too small and makes application really difficult. It's only 1 Dollar...but you can save that one Dollar for sure!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this lip gloss in Blossom, Fairy and one other one that seems to have slipped my mind. Anyway, I like all three of them but Blossom is my favourite. It's a nice, sheer pink. I can't quite put my finger on what the scent is but I don't mind it. I think my mom has a candle in the house that smells like this lip gloss, hah. It's nice to wear a lip balm underneath this gloss just to keep the lips hydrated. The shine doesn't last any longer than the average lip gloss. Wish there was more product in the container, but who can really complain when the price is $1? I wish E.L.F. was more accessible for me up in Canada. I had to do a big online E.L.F. order. I just prefer to go into a store and buy make-up rather than order online.

on 8/26/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Fantastic gloss! Lasts a long time, looks great, and the price is unbeatable! My only complaint is that it was a little dehydrating, so make sure you have some lip balm handy for after you remove it.

on 8/20/2011 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Slightly sticky, not long lasting, poor pigmentation. Packaging is ineffective at best, brush is inconsistent and does not feel good on the lips.

on 8/12/2011 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a free gift with an an E.L.F. order that I made. It has a sheer, almost neutral pink coloring to it. And, it is perfect for everyday, causual wear.

on 8/12/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried several glosses by other brands and was not impressed. Thus I've avoided glosses. I am so upset today that I did! I swear I never knew a gloss could stay on like this one. It stayed on until I went to drink/eat. Most glosses I have tried have been sticky (gross), melt off within the hour, or look like I have gunk on my lips. This gloss is wonderful and avoided all those failures. While this isn't a straight match for my natural color (which is darker), this color makes my lips glow. I can't say enough good things about this! The only negative I have is the click container (I gave the packaging a 4 for it). When I originally clicked it up too much product came with and thus I had more than I wanted. After that things were fine but the initial clicked caused some waste. Over all for $1 at Target I'd recommend these to everyone.

Very little color payoff but that's okay because I sometimes like to go a little sheer. The shine lasts for hours and is my perfect stickiness. It comes in a click pen and 2-3 clicks is enough for me. it cost me around a dollar I believe, so that's a steal! I love their glosses in the squeeze tubes as well, check out my reviews if your interested.

on 1/25/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Blossom & Fairy are my favorite gloss shades! I always have one with me whenever I go out. I actually think these last a bit longer than the liquid lipstick. Application is easy as the container is the same as Stila glosses. The only downfall would probably be the amound of product inside the tube. But with someone that's only $1, it's alright =]

Recommended for Medium Skin