October 25, 2014 | 1767 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Malt Shake

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow !!! I think I found my HG nude lip gloss !!! This is so pretty, not sticky and so cheap ! I usually do not like lip glosses because it always feels sticky of heavy on my lips, so I prefer to wear only lipsticks. But, this one is not like others, and this is why I love it so much ! Plus, it smells very sweet and yummy! What I could ask more?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! Not too sticky great pigmentation pretty color stays well super cheap. What more could you want? It tastes slightly sweet but not do much I'd be tempted to lick it off, and you only need the tiniest bit to get ur lips looking glossy and colored. The color itself is super gorgeous, it's an understated brownish pinkish red that can be worn over almost all of my lipsticks. Its definitely my-lips-but-better (as a fellow reviewer has said). The smell is kinda weird (tho not necessarily unpleasant), fruity and plasticy, but it isn't very strong and I don't mind it. I didnt notice any tingling. I rlly love this, definitely considering trying the rest of the shades. And honestly, for a dollar, this is pretty damn good quality. PS I like this better than elfs hypershine lip gloss the one with the pen like packaging so if ur debating, this one lasts longer has more product the other smells better i like both

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

An attractive, my lips but better neutral pinky brown, this gloss is spoiled by the unpleasant plasticky smell that hits you as you unscrew the cap. The smell fades, but it doesn't make me feel good about putting this on my lips and perhaps ingesting some. It's kind of like a hot car smell, with a very faint artificial fruit scent underneath.

As others have noticed there seems to be a faint tingle to this gloss - I don't find that a problem, but it does go on a lot longer than most lip plumping glosses. That and the smell does make me wonder what on earth they've put in this stuff!

On the positive side, this is rich and creamy in texture and my lips do feel moisturised after applying, something I have never experienced before with any gloss high end or otherwise. It feels light if applied with a light hand; it is somewhat sticky but to be honest I have never found a gloss that isn't, and expensive glosses can be far stickier (I'm looking at you, MAC dazzleglass). There are no annoying chunks of glitter, shimmer is undetectable to my eye - this is just a very attractive very sheer glossy gloss with a hint of neutral colour.

I have yet to find a lip gloss that makes me truly happy, so if I just give this product three lippies it might only be because I'm not really a gloss lover. But that smell is an absolute deal breaker for me, even if the texture and colour pop had been glorious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently received Malt Shake & Goddess ELF lip glosses from a great MUA'er. I expected to fall in love with Goddess and not be super thrilled with Milt Shake but after trying both, I actually prefer this one -Go figure!
A little about me: I'm early 30's with fair skin (between MAC SFF shades NC10 & NC15 ATM) with dark brown hair & eyes. My "season" is considered a Clear Winter :)

I adore this formula of lip gloss. I'm a total gloss gal (vs. lipstick) and am slappin on lip gloss probably 10x a day. When I find one that's too sticky or glittery though, it typically gets tossed to the back/bottom of my stash never to see the light of day again (hehe)
For $1 this formula is outstanding. Never sticky, very glossy "looking" but no visible glitter or shimmer. Very underrated glosses in my personal opinion (for whatever it's worth lol)

The color is not very "spring/summer" (currently May) Definitely more of a fall/winter shade but I don't care & plan to rock it anyway lol ;)
I'd describe it as a MLBB shade that is just a TAD darker than my lip color and it pulls slightly berry/plum. The very pretty and wearable shade along with the very glossy look of it on my lips is quickly making this shade a staple for me.

So why did I take a lippie off? Two MINOR reasons - #1 is because this shade and only this shade (of the 3 from this line that I now have) causes a slight tingling/burning sensation that does not fade away until the gloss is removed. It's strange? It *kinda* feels like how lip plumpers feel, except the tingle I feel with most plumpers fades away not long after application whereas with this, it lingers and does not go away.
It's slightly annoying but at the same time I hate to complain too much as it's such a lovely shade and only $1, and, the tingle reminds me that there's still gloss on my lips and that I don't need to yet reapply lol
My reason #2 is because of the packaging - Again, I hate to sound too picky regarding a one dollar lip gloss lol, but the packaging is super flimsy :( Before I received the two in the mail I had another shade from this line a year or so ago. It was a baby pink shade with peachy undertones and about 6 months after I got it, it randomly started leaking and the entire tube leaked throughout the organizer where my lip products are stored =*( Long story short, it wasn't salvageable and got tossed. So I live and I learn - My new Goddess & Malt Shake glosses I will be handling with care and am storing them in a ziploc baggie lol

But with that being said, don't let that deter you from trying these because all in all, they are pretty darn awesome. However if you have sensitive lips or issues with the tingle feeling that plumping glosses can give, you may want to avoid this specific shade.
For me though, I love it and would repurchase Malt Shake in a second! I am also planning to try other shades from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by anhitchcock

Got this for Christmas and it's my favorite lip gloss. Long lasting and good color. Very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a non-shimmery medium brown nude shade - a very neutral shade. Can't be beat on the price (�1.50 before any offers) but for some reason, this shade (but none of the others) gives a tingly sensation? Very strange!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Oh, elf. You know I love these glosses. Backstory: I found a pack of five of these for around three dollars at Ross, and flipped out. The reviews for these on MUA are so great! Naturally, I needed to pick it up right away. I waited so long to review this color because it's definitely more of a fall/winter color. Lately I've been doing just mascara and maybe a light eyeshadow application on my eyes, and a bolder lip, so this is great because it's so easy to use (just swipe and go- there's no glopping or anything nasty like that) and the color is great. It's a dark berry, definitely more purple than pink, and it has a lot of gloss, but no glitter, which I like. The packaging is simple yet practical, just a plastic tube with a clear cap and the into on the tube. The words will rub off if touched too much.
I really like this, and it will be a must have in my makeup bag durring the rest of fall and winter. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of ELF super glossy lip shine, and Malt Shake is my favorite shade. It's MLBB color. Looks deep in the tube, but very natural after application. The texture is a bit sticky but I can bear it. The best thing is there's no shimmer or glitter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with most of the comments, the colour is a really nice natural looking colour with no obvious shimmer or glitter. Its not sticky and its got a lovely gloss, and I like the grape smell. But it made my lips feel uncomfortable, almost like a burning sensation. Not impressed, I only had it on for about 20 minutes and it was not a nice feeling. Gutted because I love the gloss! but i'd rather find a more expensive one that isn't going to irritate my lips, its not worth the 1.50. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had been wanting to try this out for a while & I'm glad I finally added it to my last order. I am definitely not a lip gloss kinda girl at all, I hate the stickiness of it, the glitters & shimmers in some are just too much for me but after emilynoel83 on youtube raved about this for the longest time, I finally caved in. The texture is even better than some lipbalms I've tried, it is not sticky at all and amazingly the color shows up quite well on my very pigmented lips ( I was kinda shocked).I am completely in love with this product. Plus, the smell is so nice and fruity, very tolerable in my opinion unlike many others. The packaging makes it look cheap because it IS very cheap, but it works so well that I would definitely buy this product again & keep it in every bag I own. My favorite lip combo right now is Wet n Wild Lip Liner in Chestnut(711), with ELF lipstick in Voodoo sheered out with this ELF gloss. No regrets man, just love :).