August 31, 2014 | 1651 users online

Hair Color - Nexxus - AloXXi Colour Infuser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by hebamo

Growing tired of cheap box dyes and expensive visits to the salon, I decided to meet myself halfway and try a higher end dye for myself. It was fairly cheap, I got it at the BSO for about $12 and the store brand developer only cost me an extra $2.

I had orangey-brown hot roots from the last time I dyed my hair with some gray to cover up. I used the colour 3N with a volume 10 developer. Since I was only doing my roots I only used about half the tube (1 oz) with 1.5 oz of developer. I was concerned that the mixture wasn't changing colour, and stayed a brownish white throughout the time I was applying it to my head (about half an hour). I left it on for about half an hour and rinsed. It didn't burn my head or have too harsh of a smell. I am very impressed with the results! It left my hair soft and shiny and covered the orange and gray completely, and blended nicely in to the rest of my perm dyed hair. I think I could have left it on for maybe 5 minutes longer for a tiny bit more coverage (my bad for being a noob when it comes to hair dye) because some of the hairs look a little light. Overall, I love how natural the colour looks and I will buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by karetto

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Kopper, this stuff does a beautiful job, but the color doesn't scream at you. Love it, you can buy it at belairbeauty.com or goddess within, I think the address is gwbeauty.com

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ettebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It is the best color depositing product I have used. And I have tried many...from SilkTherapy, to ArTEC, to John Frieda Glaze. I have dark mahoghany brown hair, and this really helps to stop brassiness and give a gorgeous boost of color and shine without drying my hair out like ArTEC did. I use it in Mahoghany. This was about $12 at an upscale beauty supply store. I use it every other time I shampoo (about 3x a week) and it gives GORGEOUS vibrant red shine and a profound boost in color depth. When I started using this, people asked me if I dyed my hair. It doesn't dry hair out, but I use a hair mask (I LOVE TiGi S Factor Serious Conditioner) after to protect my fragile hair. Brassiness is GONE, left with gorgeous red sheen. I leave it in for 10-12 minutes, than rinse out. The only complaint is sometimes too much comes out. Also, use a few squirts at a time, distribute through hair, and repeat so the color doesn't get all over the shower. Love this and will continue buying!