October 1, 2014 | 1198 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - B Never Keep it Fluffy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Keep It Fluffy is supposed to be super girly and pink according to B Never's description. Well, I don't perceive it as such at all (thank goodness for that). Yes, it's sweet, but not toothachey. It's warm and comforting instead. There's a distinct retro streak, with lots of powder and floral notes. Perfect combination of dusty roses, delicate ylang ylang and smooth vanilla, followed by a gorgeous musky drydown. Keep it Fluffy smells expensive and old-fashionably feminine. Think Agent Provocateur, MOR Marshmallow and LUSH Ginger. It doesn't smell exactly like these fragrances, but it has that updated/contemporary old-fashioned feel. The price is a bit steep, but considering the amount of pure essential oils used in this concoction, I think it's justified. Don't let the humorous exterior fool you, B Never products are solid and of good quality.

Notes: Jasmine, Orris root, Ylang-ylang, Rose, Vanilla, Musk.

Suitable for vegans.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is touted as the ultimate Doris Day powdery, girly confection. To my nose, KIF smells very much like Antica Farmacista's Casablanca le Parfum; a lily soliflore with faint notes of Ylang-Ylang, clove (and probably vanilla).

KIF is very pretty, but unavailable in the US and not really worth the effort of tracking down, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Keep it Fluffy has been such a surprise to me. From the reviews, I hadnít expected to like it, and was concerned it would be a sweet, pungent, powdery mess. This is very far from the truth. Keep it Fluffy has far more dignity than I was expecting, and is wonderfully wearable. The powder is quite delicate, and the nod towards West End dressing-rooms is tempered by a creamy soapiness. I swear there is violet in this, despite the florals listed being rose, jasmine and ylang-ylang. I would go so far as to say itís predominantly violet, with the latter stages of its dry-down being slightly reminiscent of Penhaligonís Violetta. Continuing on the powder theme, here it reminds me of the male Helmut Lang scent, which a boyfriend of mine used to wear in his London heyday. There is a Guerlinade (Guerlainís signature accord) ghost present after a few hours on the skin, once the vanilla has receded. Those after a gourmand fragrance will be disappointed, but I donít believe Keep it Fluffy means to be one, despite the vanilla. Itís a well-composed take on a classic, and this powder-lover is a smitten kitten.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the 6 best fragrances from B Never and just tried 2 of them on.

Keep It Fluffy smells a bit of everything it's supposed to smell like, vanilla and roses. I can't really decide though if I like it a bit or if it's just nauseating... It is VERY sweet, and I agree with previous reviewers that it smells a bit like a grandma-perfume and powder.

That is however what it says on the describing page on B, that it reminds you of your mum in the 1940's or something, which to me is exactly what the scent feels like. I can see a woman back in those days in a pretty floral dress smelling like this and then the scent is right on.

So if you like the "good old days" this perfume might work for you..!

----

Since there is no review on B's Two Hearts Beating As One, I thought I'd squeeze it in here as well...
I think I like it better than Keep It Fluffy.
"Two Hearts' instant florals are clean and exotic, developing gradually into a delicately sweet floral musk, which is sensual and sophisticated." It is a balance between rose and jasmine.
It's floral but also fresh, definitely not as sweet as Fluffy, but it feels like it disappears quickly on the skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see some rather negative reviews of this fragrance! Personally I love the smell - it's not too strong and it smells very unique. It reminds me of roses and, surprisingly, talcum powder. Soft, clean and cute - so me!

The only downside is the price - even a tiny 9g spritz bottle is expensive, but that's B for you. I think it's worth it, as I love the smell even though I don't wear it frequently - just for special occasions.

I think that if you have any doubts about this product, either sample it in the store or borrow some from a very kind friend - you may be pleasantly surprised...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like sweet scents so I thought I'd like this one. No way! It smells like sweet bug spray to me. It's not even as nice as "Deep Woods Off." It's more like "Raid" with some vanilla added.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by curstcait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a little sample bottle with the Africa travel wrap, which is a neat lil thing. I agree with the review below that this perfume wants to be girly/"fluffy" but ends up smelling dated (i'm trying to avoid saying "old lady"). To my nose, this is because WOW there is a lot of powder in there. On my skin I smell powder, roses & violets, a bit of something astringent, and more powder. No vanilla at all for me. I don't get any progression, just WYSIWIG. It smells very stuffy and airless to me, and is quite strong. As I don't care for roses, and HATE powder and violets, someone gets it as an extra. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

"A gentle cloud of floral absolutes including warming rose, relaxing jasmine and intriguing ylang ylang blended with creamy and sweet vanilla."

Keep it Fluffy smells like a very classic, antique sort of floral to me. It makes me think of bruised, sweet little violets and dish soap. Soapy clean and sweet. It's not absolutely horrible, but it does make my eyes water a bit. It's a very strong, perfumey and overpowering floral. Heavy, classic floral mixed with some sweetness and a strong soapy tone. In the drydown, more of the creamy vanilla comes out and the florals/soap settle down, making this much more bearable.

I feel like Keep it Fluffy wants to be young, sweet, and girlie... but something about it is too old lady floral. It's like a little girl that doused herself in grandma's old perfume. Kinda cute, but I can't really see myself wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 3:00:00 PM More reviews by dinahad

Oh, this is just terrible with my chemistry. It smells like pungent earth and mothballs and puddles on asphalt after a heavy rain (not the good kind of after rain scent....more like muddy, stale puddles). The notes would indicate that this would be something right up my alley (floral absolutes including warming rose, relaxing jasmine and intriguing ylang ylang blended with creamy and sweet vanilla). I get none of that except for maybe the rose in tiny doses. This is actually offensive to my nose.