Noxzema Extra Strength Astringent Pads

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this product. It's so crazy cheap for the amount you get, the pads are large and it has enough solution on it to cover my face, back and shoulders. However, this product ruined my face. I was using Clearasil's Daily Clear pads but I think they might have discontinued it because I cannot find it anywhere. Or every place i looked was mysteriously out of stock? I used the Clearasil pads every day, sometimes twice a day with no issues and it was really starting to improve my skin. So when i couldnt find them anymore, I bought the Noxzema pads instead (mainly because they were dirt cheap). I mean how much different could it be right? Oh how wrong I was. First of all, these pads STINK. Like some overwhelming musky pine smell. It literally REEKS. Also, these pads have SO MUCH ALCOHOL I can't even deal. It is so overwhelming that if I swipe my cheek with the pad, my eyes start to burn and tear up. The pads are very rough as well and hurt when you swipe your face with them. I don't even think I have sensitive skin but this product managed to dry it out to the point where I am flaking all over the place AND made my acne worse. Even my fingers on the hand I use the pads with are rough and flaky!!! I think the lovely combo of alcohol with that awful fragrance just made my skin and acne have a nervous breakdown. If you have any sort of sensitivities to products, especially alcohol, please avoid this one :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've dropped all of the pads on the bathroom floor b4 lol I guess there's no avoiding an occasional spill! These are such good acne medication. I don't need them all of the time just when my face gets broken out every 3-4weeks I will get a few small blemishes. If I used this all of the time I think my skin would go into excess oil overdrive production mode because these are drying & a bit abrasive/rough (which drying is necessary to dry up the acne! But only use these temporarily or every other day I'm gonna start using them every other day once my major flare up is gone maybe that will prevent somewhat). I also use Original Noxzema w the Ultimate Noxzema Blemish Clearing Scrub which I added in the scrub recently (luv it!) & I moisturize w Clean & Clear advantage oil free moisturizer or Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel (the yellow which is "MY" C.deLaMer lol) or somexs the Clinique GWP comes w the DDMLotion. I'll be adding in Clindamycin for spot treatment as well; I don't like benzoyl perx. coz it bleaches bedding, linens & my sweat drips on my clothes bleaching those! If I get any overly dry patches I apply German Nivea to those spots at night (too rich under mkup). The best OTC acne treatment!

HOLY MOLY! I don't get acne on my face but no matter what I do I'm prone to ingrown hairs and shaving bumps around my bikini line and on my legs. I read that salicylic acid pads could help so I picked these up for $3.89 figuring they wouldn't do much. LOW AND BEHOLD, I smoothed a couple of these anti-blemish pads over my bikini area bumps and my knee area that gets bumpy ingrown hairs (before going to sleep last night) and this morning the bumps are nearly gone!! These made a very visible difference in just one application. Bye ingrown hairs!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am on the fence with this one.
It really seems to be helping my teenage son's skin but he said it does burn.
I found on my skin that to be true. It really is not that bad but what I do find painful is that the pads feel very scratchy and rough on the skin. It actually is kinda painful.
I have only used them for the occasional hormonal breakout I get and it seemed to help along with benzoyl peroxide.

my daughter started using these about 2 months ago and wow her skin looks great. I will continue to buy them for her. My other daughter sues panoxyl and loves it and her skin looks great too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was just a standard wipe product to me. The container is very unappealing to me. I would rather buy my traditional stridex

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

BEST CLEANSER EVER!
I can't even begin to list how many acne treatments that I've tried before Noxzema! Just to clarify, I am not blessed with small, hard to notice, acne. When I have acne, I have Acne. It is a dang struggle to cover up the mountain sized pimples that I get. haha!
I used Noxzema once before and all I remember was that it was cheap and that it kinda made my face sting, but I was willing to try anything. Keeping in mind that I have very dry, sensitive skin, it scared me how bad it hurt my face to first use this product. But, I also liked how strong it was so I kept using it. My face is SO smooth, my acne is little to none with the occasional pimple every now and then. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone! The only thing is that it does dry out your skin a bit, but nothing a little lotion can't fix. Thinking about getting it? Nike. Just do it!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

At first I was a bit hesitant to try this out, but after seeing a lot of reviews about it I did and I like it! Like others have mentioned, it is a bit rougher on the skin. However, after I use it I notice my skin is extremely soft! I'll use it every once in a while; if I wear makeup I'll use makeup remover and then the pads and it definitely does a good job removing the rest of the makeup and dirt.

In terms of actually helping me with pimples and whatnot, I do see some difference, but mostly I love how it makes my face feel scrubbed and smooth. I got it for $2.99 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. The smell took me a little bit of getting used to, I don't mind it now. When the pads dry out they get really rough and scratchy, so watch out for that!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The pad is rougher and tougher than other brands. It gives your skin a good scrubbing but it hurts, maybe because I used to much force. I use it when I am too lazy to wash my face before bed. It makes your skin feel tight. I am not sure if it helps with acne because I don't use it everyday.

I have tried everything for my adult acne. Clearasil, clean and clear, neutrogena. You name it I've probably tried it. I have always liked noxzema even for what little teen acne I had so I decided to try it on my adult acne. Yeah my face decided to betray me when I turned 20. The one with the blue lid really helps. I use a pad every night before I go to bed. After the pad I use aveeno a clear complexion face moisturizer and my face is finally almost clear after battling with acne for almost two years. I am 21 now, almost 22 and my skin is amazing.