October 25, 2014 | 1427 users online

Sunscreen - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Sunbrellas SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by wolley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I liked it at first until I noticed it was giving me pimples and whiteheads. Have never broken out so badly since I was a teenager. Not recommended at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This actually is a great sunscreen; However, it's so not worth walking around with the white film all over your body. I realize that it is a physical sunblock but no matter how hard I tried I could not get the white cast to go away. I will never use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by hummingfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nothing but good things to say about this product. It has both physical blockers (14% zinc oxide and 2% titanium dioxide) and very few objectionable ingredients. As previous reviewers pointed out, it has a denser texture than other sunscreens and can leave a whitish cast on anything but the lightest complexions. I don't mind that in the least because I'm a very fair-skinned Gothy type, so nothing is too white for my taste. The sunblock does the job well without feeling heavy or irritating my skin, and is cheaper than Dr. Hauschka or Lavera - my two other favorite brands. I will repurchase.

I'm giving this product 4 stars and not 5 because the sunblock particles used in this product are micronized. If it used non-micronized ingredients it'd have been perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this sunblock - i mix it in with my Dr. Haushka Rose Day Cream & apply it to my face daily. When i began to use it (2 years ago) i saw a huge improvement in the skin on my face. I have never once been sunburnt while using this (I have pale PALE Irish skin!) - even while in Egypt. It is a little lardy upon application - but once massaged in its invisible. I really attribute alot of the credit for my pretty good, pale - but healthy skin to this product. The bottle lasts ages & is about 11euros here in Ireland. JASON products are vegan too - which is always a bonus.It has Aloe in it & i feel it really helped replenish my once troublesome skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

I have this in the 20 SPF. I got it in the organic section at my Giant grocery store. I initially liked this but when used with my normal skin routine it SERIOUSLY irritates my skin. Redness and whatnot. Really not pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Banana_Babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can only buy this stuff off the internet, and I only used it once. I tried it because I had forgotten my sunscreen and a very nice lady let me borrow this. Stopped any skin peeling and didn't make my high melanin skin get any darker than it already is.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Ruth1376

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin type is very dry, very sensitive, acne-prone, Baumann type DSPW, stinger subtype and I have rosacea.
UPDATE: This has now caused irritation on my face and a huge zit on my neck.
For the positive comments: 1. It is not irritating. It doesn't sting. This has none of the Dr. Baumann's DSPW, stinger nor acne prone avoids. That's the first thing I look for. 2. It is moisturizing. 3. it has decent SPF.
My complaints: 1. This product gives me some whiteheads. 2. And while it is arguable that non-micronized minerals, which is what is in this, are safer for skin, it is freakishly white.
Ciba scores say the SPF is 13 and PPD++.
I will use it on my neck, hands and body.
Ingredients: I noted the comedogenic ingredients with C and the number correlates to a 0-5 rating with 0 being least comedegenic and 5 being most so.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 8.0%, Zinc Oxide 2.5%
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Vegetable Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate - C3,
Ethylhexyl Palmitate - C2, Calcium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethyl Macadamiate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Anthemus Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract (Certified Organic), Castor Oil Phosphate, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract (Certified Organic), Propylenecarbonate, Magnesium Sulphate, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this because it is free of chemical sunscreens, parabens and fragrance free. The natural sunscreens used are titanium dioxide 8% and zinxoxide 2.5%. It has a thick consistency and needs to be massaged in well or your face will look like a white mask. Once it absorbs in, it feels nice on my skin and does not feel greasy or heavy on my face. My only gripe is I don't know why Jason did not micronize the sunscreens Like Eucerin does so that the product would be easier to apply and less chance of having a whitish cast. Overall, a nice sunscreen for those with sensitive skin or looking to avoid the paraben preservatives.