April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Carol's Daughter - Mango Melange Shea Souffle

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by soniawoniapart2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is terrible. Just like the other products I have tried from Carol's Daughter. I keep trying to give this brand a chance but it always disappoints. This doesn't absorb. It sits on top of my skin and peels off if I touch it or rub against something. Might be cause of the soybean and corn oils. They are oils that don't absorb and are very greasy. It feels gross. Like I went swimming in oil that was used for french fries. And last time I checked, I'm not a french fry! This brand uses they cheapest ingredients possible as the main ingredients and the good ones as the last and then charge high prices. I mean, soybean and corn oil?? Really?? GROSS!! *shudders* I've used quite a few things from CD and I haven't liked ANYTHING.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 4:32:00 AM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased this from sephora and i like it very much.it is very thick and rich and the smell stays with you for the whole day.you get alot in the jar, but it is a bit pricey.i wish carols daughter would not charge so much for shipping.i ordered two items from the web( i bit the bullet for shipping because sephora did not have them)and they sent me the wrong items.my name was on the box but not my items inside.i called carols daughter customer serviceand left 5 messages yes five with know call back.i went on the web sight and emailed customer service about my problem and again no response..hhmm i called again and finally got someone and was told that i would be getting a label to send the box i recieved that was not mine back to carols daughter in two days, have not recieved it yet and i am not paying the shipping to send it back because it was not my fault, then they told me i would recieve my two thing on monday, hhmm never recieved them either.carols daughter better get better customer relations if she wants to keep her company..it is her customers that made her and they can break her as well...it is a shame because she really has nice things and i would hate to see her company she worked so hard for suffer because of poor customer service!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 5:59:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the texture and consistency of CD's souffles. They are creamy and really moisturizing, but don't clog my pores and give me breakouts like so many other lotions -- probably because CD doesn't use mineral oil or petroleum.
Although I love the souffles, Mango Melange was not my favorite scent. It does smell authentically like mangos, so I shouldn't be complaining, but it just didn't suit me. I much prefer Ecstasy, which has a touch of Egyptian Musk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

One word describes this wonderfully, moisturizing shea butter-based body cream...YUM!
It's definitely a sweet fruit smell. It's really nice! Moisturizing without being oily/greasy. It is a thick cream and it is in a huge jar so a pretty good value. I use this all year round. Works just as well in the winter as in the summer since it's not really greasy. I also have the shower gel in the same scent. Love that too!