Everyday Minerals Natural Blush

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 9/21/2011 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have bought several of these! I have used them on clients and it is versatile for various skin tones (though I have not used it on very dark tones). This gives my skin such a glowy look and is perfect for my no makeup days! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product! I think putting it under the lucent face powder was a good idea because it's really best suited for all over face application, rather than just for the cheeks. I'm very fair (EDM's Golden Fair), and I love using this product over my blush, on my forehead, nose, chin, and then a quick sweep over my eye lids and around my hair line. It makes my skin look beautiful (and it is truly the furthest thing from that, naturally!). I can see some of the sparkles on my face, but I asked my fiance if I looked glittery and he couldn't see them at all, even though his eye sight is much better than mine, so it passed that test!

I particularly love this product because I have a lot of acne and acne scarring to cover, so I tend to pack on my foundation, which can give a cakey effect. No matter how much foundation I apply, if I sweep some of this stuff over my finishing powder and blush, it makes my face look naturally glowing from within and blurs the caking effect like nothing I've seen before. So, this is incredibly important to me because the main reason I use makeup is to cover my flaws and I unfortunately need quite a bit to cover dark red marks on my incredibly pale skin.

This shade is a very subtle, neutral nude shade with sparkles of varying tones that blend right into the skin, providing a glowing from within effect. I definitely recommend this product! It's great that it is the color that it is because it's great for pale women without further washing us out. It gives a very slight, slight, slight bronzed effect by brightening up my face.

I can't rave enough about this. I got it in their No Makeup Makeup Kit and I'm so glad I did because I would've otherwise overlooked it. I never really went for the lucent powder thing prior to using this product.

Great color, price, result, and natural looking luminosity!

on 9/15/2010 1:56:00 PM

As others have said, this is a VERY light color. I am VERY fair and I got this as part of a sample kit to try on wknds and other days that I don't necessarily want to look "made up", but at least look "put together" if that makes sense. As fair as I am, it takes lots of layers to get this color to show up on me at all. When it does, it looks like what is marketed to look like - a natural color for those non-makeup days. The color lasts all day on me.

01/27/09 UPDATE: I absolutely love putting a few brush strokes of this over Salon Fun blush, especially when I have applied SF a bit too heavy - Natural lightens the pigment of SF and gives a nice, smooth finish. The pic I uploaded from the EM website looks just like the color in my EM container

09/15/10 UPDATE: I was panicking since I discovered this was no longer listed on EM website in their blush section. I did find "Natural" under their lucent face powders upon inquiring, customer service did confirm for me that this is the same product, they just changed the classification. WHEW!

on 8/11/2010 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hate this. Not usable at all for me. Has a slight lavender cast, which looks very UN-natural. Whenever I try this as a cheek highlighter, I look immediately "made-up", think '80's. Similar to champagne, but champagne has a pink cast and is more glittery. I recommend "wet sand" instead! Much more useful, pretty, and natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this in a swap, and although I'm not sure I would purchase it from EM, it's not a bad product. First of all, its more of a highlighter/face color rather than a blush. Even on the palest of skin (like mine) it won't be dark enough to contour with. I don't get any mauve/lavender undertones from the color - the color is more what the name would suggest - a very light, shimmery taupe with maybe a slight hint of pink. I think it would work well over bronzer as a highlighter, and would work with almost any skin tone because it's so suble. But as stated I don't consider this a blush, once you get past that it has other uses.

on 4/25/2009 3:07:00 PM

This facecolor did absolutely nothing good for me. Mauvey lavenderish tones is not my thing. Did not find it to be natural at all. But i can see it beeing useful for cooler skintones, though.

on 3/14/2009 10:24:00 PM

I love this stuff! I just tried it today and I was surprized how it worked as a blush. It brightened my skin and made me glow. It is also lighter than my skin tone (NW15).

I don't know why.. but this didn't work for me !! Possibly the only EM product I don't entirely LOVE. It doesn't really look glowy or even the slightest bit pinkish on my skin, it just looks really dusty... :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think I'll dust it all over myself when I next attend an intergalactic space disco party. As many other reviewers mentioned, definitely more sparkly than glowing. And, I can't really see any colour on my cheeks. I do like the other EDM blushes, in general.

on 12/3/2008 1:20:00 AM

This is an ok powder highlighter. Nothing special, in my opinion of course. It tends to look pretty chalky if not blended well, and the shimmers are too big. If you apply too much you'll end up looking very sparkly - not glowy. There are better highlighters out there. Sorry EDM, but this one doesn't do it for me.

Popular Blush Products