December 20, 2014 | 1641 users online

Eye Shadow - Sweetscents Turquoise Iridescent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are awesome!! They have an great variety of colors and they bring a lot. Many mineral eyeshadows are 1/4 tablespoons but they fill their to the very top. I will be definitely going back to them!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MommaMayhann

Let me start by saying that I don't own this particular color. I own about twenty other ones though. I first purchased Sweetscents on Ebay and I was floored by the quality and the quantity of product. Jane's (I am pretty sure that's pigments are just as good as any that I have ever ran into. The minerals are very finely milled and superbly blended. No streakieness or clumping. The are easily blended. I will say that they are a little messy... but that's because she gives you 10 gm jars chock full of pigmented yummyness! There is no sifter but that would just lessen the amont in the jar and drive her costs up which in the end would drive the price. Her prices are so dang cheap though that she could easily add a few more bucks to the price and still be WAY cheaper than most other companies. Give sweetscents a try. You can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by carolynanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I havent used this actual color, but ai use about two dozen others that Sweetscents makes. Firstly, no bismuth so no itchy face. Secondly, the price is unbeatable. I usually order these by the ounce and swap whats left after I take out for me. The texture is smooth and she has every color you can imagine. I recently purchased their translucent mineral veil. Awsome, awsome product. I wont be spending the $ on BE mineral veil again.

I buy from Sweetscents on a regulat basis. Joan is a pleasure to work with and their customer service cant be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 5:08:00 AM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been a member for a while now, but I wanted my first review to be special and worthwhile, and I think I've found this in the Sweetscents Eyeshadow pigments. I ordered a huge lot from them, both on their website and on eBay. What strikes me about their pigments is the complexity and depth of their shades - for example, the Saguaro Cactus looks like a rust pigment in the pot but turns out to be a irridiscent gold-green with hints of rust when applied. Another favorite is Onyx and Diamonds, an almost black shade with some mirror sparkle - simply beautiful for "le smoking". Midnight Moon is a deep blue in the pot but the gold shimmer in it really stands out when applied, adding a greenish hue to the blue. If you love really shiny glitter, City Lights is a glamorous mineral that is tinsel-shiny, the shiniest white glitter I've seen. Other favorites - Gold & Silver Diamonds, Smokey Teal, Synergy, and the best match to denim I've seen, Confederate Blue. They come packed to the brim in 10g jars at a tiny fraction of the price of most brands. I bought the 12-pack (you pick the colors/minerals) for $28.50, which works out to be $2.40 per pot. Joan, the Sweetscents lady, is very generous with samples as well. My only complaint is that the images of the pigments on their website do not do the pigments themselves justice, some wet swatches and detailed description would be helpful. As the glitter/shimmer/sparkle in each pigment come in a variety of colors, lights, sizes, you really need a description to have an idea what the applied colors would look like. Me, I prefer more complex shades with the variations in them, but others might prefer a "truer" shade, eg. blue without the gold, and might not appreciate the complexity in the hue. I've become quite a pigment addict, and will definitely buy more when I have compiled my next wishlist.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by marnif

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very unusual color and effect. Just a beautiful pigment! MAC really doesn't make this kind of pigment very often, so look to brands such as SweetScents for duochromes and flashes like this one. This shade is a sheer white highlighter with a gorgeous greenish blue flash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my ulitmate favorite pigment- something I have been longing for for years. It is similar to MAC pink opal, except instead of the shimmer being pink with a translucent white base, it is TURQUOISE shimmer. I love to use it over just about any of my bright colored lipsticks.

Turquoise Iridescence looks awesome over lipsticks like Girl About Town, Bright pink, Soft Pink, Rose, Purple, Lilac, and even some neutrals.

I love to use Turquoise Iridescence over lots of different pigments or shadows. It is fabulous over dark liners, works beautifully as a highlight and the texture is a little lighter than MAC pigments, but pigmentation is just as good.

This is not cheap talc based stuff. It is high quality and even though it does not have the silicones that MAC pigments do that help them to stay on, it is easily remedied by using a good base and applying before the base sets. This can also be used with mixing medium, or glycerine mixed with water (1to3 parts)

The price is so good of sweetscents pigments that I have found myself using them as much as I use MAC, and I have a very large collection of MAC pigments. At the time I purchased them, they were $3 each(including shipping) for a set of 12 10g jars of any color pigment I wanted.

continued >>