December 22, 2014 | 1466 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Triple Clean Anti-Bacterial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I initially bought this to use every now and then because I thought it would dry my face out badly and I have dry skin already, but to my surprise it wasn't that drying. It's not moisturizing either, but it didn't completely strip my skin. As far as the bacterial, I think that is what is causing at least some of my acne.
I get my face wet and apply this like a mask, let it sit for a few minutes and then wash it off.I did this because I wanted to make sure the anti-bacterial had a chance to work. (triclosan is the antibacterial I believe) It took off the majority of my leftover makeup but I usually use a makeup remover first anyway so I can't say how well it would do for a full face makeup.
I've been experimenting with face regimens for about a year and a half now (when my acne started my senior year of high school to now) and I think that bacteria is part of my problem.

Anyhow, I alternate this with Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Facial Cleanser (my HG so far) because I still love the Eucerin but want to keep using the anti-bacterial because it seems to be helping enough of my acne for me to keep using it. It was 3 USD at walmart, really cheap for the amount and the quality. I wouldn't recommend for VERY dry skin but if your dry skin is just mild, it shouldn't bother you too much as long as you moisturize after.

EDIT: I didn't give it enough time, it turns out to be not so great for my skin, the antibacterial in it is a little irritating on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have found my go-to cleanser that I think I'll be using for years now! This cleanser is so simple yet so effective, it does everything you need it to do to your face. It's so essential for me to have this cleanser.
-Cleans your face THOROUGHLY
-Does NOT dry out your face
-removes makeup, dirt, oils.

Cons:
-Does not do much for oiliness

so bottom line is that this cleanser is very simple and is ideal if you just need your face to be maintained. I would recommend a stronger cleanser if you have a super oily face, lots of acne and blackheads. So definitely give this a try if you need an essentials cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rrosanno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product!! This is by far the best face wash I have ever used. I used this for years, and then stopped using it for about 3 months (I don't remember why I stopped using this product; I think I got bored).

I have never really had acne, but during the 3 months that I was not using Noxzema face wash I developed horrible acne. I had deep cystic pimples all over my face, and my face constantly hurt. I went to the dermatologist about a month ago and I was put on a few different medications. One of the medications I was put on is a antibacterial medication. I did not realize until that moment how much my skin needs an antibacterial medication.

Also, my new medications make my face very dry. I have been using my Noxzema face wash again for about a week and it has already helped with the dryness. I feel this face wash moisturizes my skin while cleaning off dirt. A rare combination.

This is my HG I will never forsake this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really don't understand all the good reviews on this cleanser.. It worked like any other mediocre cleanser for me, sometimes even worse. It's reeeeally creamy and I don't mind that, but if I just swipe a layer of it over my skin, I see ALL MY PORES. Each and every one is visible through the cleanser. It's fine when I start rubbing it in with water but I still can't stand the initial feel of this product. It didn't help my acne at all and I used it day and night for a month. The smell is very minimal and it leaves your face clean (doesn't strip away the oils), and it removes all of my face makeup - so it's not BAD, I just expected a wonder product with all the good reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wakesome1up

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first purchased this bottle, I was dealing with an internal bacteria, and was about to lose my mind. I couldn't find anything to work, and I don't trust doctors. I walked into a family dollar looking for a face cleaner, and saw the big blue bottle shouting at me " triple anti-bacterial". It was bought, and treated my illness, I above the point of love this stuff. I will recommend it to anyone, and everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by KellyBellySeliga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're like me, you've tried pretty much everything. This has cleared me up consistently like nothing else. I highly recommend everyone trying it, especially if you're as frustrated as I was. I use this with their medicated pads and Duac for spot treatment. Also highly recommend Norwex antibacterial washcloths.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This is my HG for sure. I love creamy cleansers and this just really cleans out my pores. I put it on an almond exfoliating sponge and I also use it just in its own. Its surprisingly gentle. Its around $3 I believe which is great. I just really love how clean this makes my skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by moniib

This cleanser is like my guilty pleasure. I know the chemicals in it is not good for my skin or my insides but there's no doubt it helps with my hormonal, cystic, adult acne. By the morning, most of my pimples are gone or dried up. My face looks more even and less red and blotchy. I can moisturize my face with coconut oil which breaks me out, and cleanse with this afterwards with no breakouts. Without coconut oil it can be a little bit drying but not anything drastic even though my skins leans towards dry. I never use it in my eye area but it does irritate them a little bit more then my Burt's bees cream cleanser. When i first tried this i thought the irritation feeling i got afterwards was intense but i hadnt used anything unnatural on my face for a long time. Its not my cup of tea still but it doesnt bother me as much, feels like any other cleanser. I try to use this only at night when my skin is sane. I just don't know it's almost like I hate that I like this and that it works! Ill update if my opinion changes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I really liked this cleanser! My sister gave this to me because it didn't work for her, but it worked great for me! I use cream cleaners now since my skin's getting drier as I get older, and I really like this one. It cleans my face and takes off my makeup no problem. I use it with my Olay face brush in the shower and it lathers great and makes me feel squeaky clean, but not like my skin's been stripped of oils or anything. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Tiffyfluff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. I have Oily/Acne Prone skin, and I've used Clean and Clear, Neutregena, Burts Bee's, and Proactive, but none of them as worked as well as Noxzema. This stuff as prevented me from having a major break out in years and I've been using this stuff for about 6 years. It's gentle but strong enough to prevent and treat acne, but to a degree of course. (Added bonus, this stuff can also wash away my makeup when I'm too lazy to clear it off with makeup remover first.)