October 22, 2014 | 2107 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Ultra Sunblock SPF 30 Continuous Clear Spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, the smell of alcohol in an aerosol spray is too much. It hurts my throat if it comes too close to my face. Other than that, I don't smell much of a scent. I really like how the spray works and the fact that it's clear. But it does look too greasy and you do have to spread it with your hands or else it'll look too wet and oily. I wouldn't buy this again but it's not bad for a first time spray on sunscreen. I'd buy it over the lotion type any day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from photo sensitivity so sunscreen is a must for me. The painful welts I get afterward are hard to deal with. I tried out this spray in SPF 50 because it can reach those hard to reach areas on my back, shoulders, etc. While it states that it's rub free, I noticed I still had to rub it in to disperse it evenly. It had a strong odor which overpowered any other scent I was hoping to wear. Having a strong scent isn't an issue for me, if it's a good scent....but this wasn't. It smells like a mixture of men's cologne and medicine. It stated that it was long lasting but I noticed that after consistent sun exposure for about 3 or 4 hours I began to burn. The Aubrey Organics SPF 25 I usually use lasts from sun up to sun down, literally. I'm very bad at waiting the 15 - 30 minutes after application before going out. Although the instructions stated to put this on 30 minutes before, I put it on like 10 minutes before going out. I didn't burn. It worked immediately. It goes on sort of greasy. Once dry, skin still looks greasy. Since it didn't leave that white overcast that some creams do, it was easy to overlook. At least the skin looks moisturized instead of dry and parched. IT DOES NOT LAST! For $8, I'd like for it to last for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Also, I would have sneezing fits or rapid heartbeats for about 5-10 minutes after application, which means that more than likely I'm very allergic to something in it (multiple chemical sensitivity). Based on this, along with the other issues noted, I wouldn't purchase this again. I've had better luck with Banana Boat's lotion but unfortunately not this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 5:08:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I got this in SPF 50, and I used this yesterday when I went to the beach...on my face ONLY, which I realize now, was the biggest mistake I've made in a long time. This product contains alcohol, which STINGS like crazy, when you attempt to open your eyes, will get into your hair while you do so, as it IS an aerosol spray, making you look like you haven't showered in a few days. In addition to that, I rarely ever break out, and as of late, I would only get the occasional pimple, which would last a day. However, after using this product yesterday, I woke up to find that I had broken out really badly, with small pimples sprouting out all over my T-zone, with one or two more over my cheeks. (I had 12 total) I haven't used an actual sunblock in years as I don't go out much, and I do remember getting pimples after using sunblock when I was younger, but that was over the course of several days, and was usually limited to just a few. However, this was bad on a completely new scale, as I had taken a shower directly after the beach, and probably only had the stuff on for a total of 2 hours or so. Needless to say, I WILL NOT be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

I have the spf 50 and the product is very greasy and smells like cologne. I was very paranoid when I sprayed this on, because it makes me smell like a man! Should have tried this secretly at the store first. It does spray on nicely and it goes away pretty quickly, but the smell factor is very unpleasant for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ctrimble

I thought this spray was awesome. I just love the spray-on application, no rubbing in, and it's so quick compared to rubbing in lotion. Especially great for squirmy kids who won't hold still for very long. My only complaint is that it runs out really quick!! My husband, sister & I took 2 cans to Mexico for a 4-day trip and we had to buy more at the hotel, cause the cans ran out in less than 3 days.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by gryph

Good idea for sunscreen, but I just didn't like it. Buying at a resort probably jacked up the price, but either way it wasn't worth it. It covers great and I certainly didn't burn, but the sticky feeling was unpleasant. I felt like I had sprayed hairspray all over myself.

And it only lasted just over 5 applications. It died on the sixth time just after I had finished my first leg. For that price I expect to use it more than 5 times. Lotion sunscreens aren't a hassle for me, so I will stick with those as I get more product for the money. Won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product contains so much perfume that you won't be able to smell anything else for a whole day but this scent. It will just overload your sensory system. Oh, and please do not apply this spray to face!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2007 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kwebber1209

This stuff is HORRIBLE! I burn within 30 mins in the sun so I thought that a spray would help me sufficiently bath myself in sunscreen. I will say that it accomplishes this goal, but it does so by leaving a disgusting, sticky, bug-spray-smelling puddle on your skin. It did work, but the greasiness never goes away even after hours on your skin. I will definitely not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 2:12:00 AM More reviews by gowen512

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm so surprised by all the bad reviews this has gotten! I LOVED this product, and after having tried Coppertone's analog, I'll stick with Banana Boat. Seriously, it's so easy, and I definitely didn't get burned if I was consistent about putting it on. People said they felt greasy, and I guess you are going to have to put up with a little bit of that, but that's pretty standard with sunscreen. It's totally worth it to me to be able to just spray it and go. It's PERFECT for the beach. Usually I'm too lazy to rub in sunscreen all over my body, so I'd get burned, so I've found my solution. Really, I highly recommend it. And I don't think it smells bad, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Lisamys1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This spray sucks. I love Banana boat products but I didn't like this one...I used it this past weekend and I didn't like how it was greasy AND I burned like hell afterwards and I totally coated myself....so I threw it out. I'll stick with lotions, not sprays from now on.