September 16, 2014 | 1926 users online

Cleansers - La Mer - Cleansing Fluid

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh great, another £60ish down the drain. This cleanser removes makeup as a first part to a double cleanse. So, what's the point? Might as well use any other oil such as DHC or Shu Uemura which is much cheaper. I have no problem spending money but not if it is not worth it, and this product is literally like throwing money down the drain (or sink). Yes, it looks absolutely fabulous and shimmery and feels luxurious massaging this into one's skin, but the ingredients list ain't all that - in FACT, the very first ingredient caprylic/capric triglyceride has the ability to clog pores if left on the skin so this means my supposedly luxurious experience is made stressful by me worrying whether I really have scrubbed every last remnant off my face. Indeed, on the one occasion that I did not follow up with a second different cleanser, I could see clogged pores. So I shall be sticking to my reliable H20 Bioderma as a Makeup Remover/Cleanser seeing as it is the number one remover of choice for most high end make up artists. Also, I do not have to worry about any negative side effects if I am too lazy to not follow up with a rinse-off cleanser afterwards. BTW I have normal/combi skin (oilyish t-zone) and I would not recommend this for anyone with the same skin type. Luckily I gifted this to my mother who is in her 50s (she has dry skin) and she loves this cleanser. She says it is very gentle and hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

I really like this cleanser. I use it to remove my makeup before my regular cleanser. I don't even use a full pump, maybe half, then massage it into my face and eye area for close to a minute. Then I add water and it emulsifies into a creamy foam consistency. It is very gentle and good at removing makeup. I have a special cleanser I use after with my Clarisonic, but this La Mer has been my first step for a while.

I can't compare it to other oil cleansers, so I am keeping my options open, but this one is good because it doesn't break me out or irritate me, all while doing the job of removing my makeup. I can't say it has improved my skin tone, but if you want that, then use some glycolic acid based products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cleansing oil murdered my skin. I have sensitive combination skin, and I used this product only 3 times before I had to give up. It left my skin so dry it was flaking and caused a red rash with welts across my face. One of the worst reactions I've had to a product! Be careful if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by peony6259

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite...love it. Goes on like an oil, and emulsifies when you add water. I have not noticed a fishy smell. Removes makeup beautifully and feels so luxurious. It is expensive, but you only need to use a small amount..one bottle has lasted me a year as I don't use a full pump! Skin is left clean and soft. I won't go without this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love everything about this product...the pump dispenser that dispenses the perfect amout (I use one pump unless I am wearing sunscreen, primer, heavy foundation and concealer, then I use two), the formula itself, the feeling of my skin after using it (does not leave an oily residue, and the color of the liquid. It is a beautiful blue-green with micro shimmer particles, but it rinses well and does not leave behind any "glitter". I use this after eye makeup remover. Apply, massage into face, apply a small amount of water (it causes the oil to become milky white), and rinse. I only use this at night, and I do not need to follow with another cleanser. I have not used many other cleansing oils, but it is the best of the few that I have tried. It removes any and all makeup, my skin does not feel tight after using it, and I have not suffered any break outs since using this product. I do not know why people say that this has a foul or "fishy" odor. I do not notice this, and actually find the scent rather pleasant. I think that the price is high, but seeing as how this product works and the results, I think that it is worth the money. Also, I feel quite pampered using this, and I actually look forward to taking off my makeup and using it, and there is no price that can be put on that. I will continue to re-purchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by rallu

This is a watery light oil that doesn't remove my makeup very well. I still had eye makeup and some foundation left on the cotton ball afterwards. Leaves an oily residue and you need another cleanser to take it off.Looks pretty in the bottle but...that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by baileylab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells bad. I'm going back to Shu Uemura.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The HG cleanser for dry skin. Beautiful - albeit slightly fishy smelling - oil that removes all traces of makeup without drying at all. I use it at night and put it on and leave it on for a few minutes for extra moisturizing. Like most La Mer products, you don't need much, so one bottle should last 3-4 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mkmae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Be careful with this one, and try to test it before using on your face! This product was just not for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by dodecaphonie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive : yes. Worth erevery penny : yes

I love this cleanser, probably the best I have ever used. It is very gentle on my skin and leaves it clean without stripping the moisture out of it. It removes make up very easily and almost instantly. Highly recommend ! My skin is sensitive with dry tendencies.