September 18, 2014 | 2101 users online

Hair Treatments - Salon Selectives - Highlighting Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lelam7

I used this stuff back in 2001/2002, and then I couldn't find it anymore. I know that the product was discontinued but I was lucky enough to find it on Ebay.
This mousse is the only product that was able to gradually lighten my dark brown hair to the level I wanted. It does take time and I noticed results in about 2 weeks. Then I kept applying more and it eventually turned my hair to this beautiful light brown color. I would choose this over any hair dye because there will be no surprises and I am the one who has control of the color. I would definitely recommend this product. However, please know that results may take some time to show. If you are inpatient and want to see results right away, then this product is not right for you. Again, this is one of my favorite hair products and I would definitely recommend it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by NicoleDeSantis

The "Blond" type is my HG for hair care! I also buy this on ebay when I run low, since it's discontinued (please Salon Selectives, bring this back!!) I have naturally medium blond hair and this product is perfect for touch ups between visits to my stylist. I also have dark eyebrows (darker than my natural color) and I use some of the foam on my eyebrows to lighten them subtly . I doubt it would work on darker hair very well but for blondes, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by marbella

I love the "Lighten Up" highlighting foam, it's my HG. I started using it about 5 years ago when my naturally blonde hair got a little darker and have been using ever since. Unfortunately Salon Selectives is no longer and I have to buy this stuff on eBay. But it has kept me from spending the extra $$ on pro. highlighting, so I will try to use it as long as possible! It looks very natural and is foolproof (believe me, I am horrible with hair)!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by apjagscheer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used my mom's (she's a blonde, I'm a brunette) and it made my hair an orangish color. Don't use brunettes!! But it does work for hiding you blondes' dark roots!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2004 12:19:00 PM More reviews by omgitsdana

I bought the dark brown/auburn. I have dark dark brown hair it almost looks black. After i get out of the shower i put the foam in my hair , you dont see results right away. But If you do everytime your hair is wet you see the results in lik a week. My hair got really light and you can see light highlights. WORKS GREAT.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2004 2:37:00 AM More reviews by haymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Take my advice and don't buy this foam! I have dark blond hair and this product turned my hair a crazy blond with green undertones. The best stuff to use for subtle highlighting is John Freida Sheer Blond in Blond Ambition or the highlighting wax. these products are much better and don't give such a weird end result

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very neutral about this...I used this for a little over a week and I don't see a lot of change...just a little bit of highlight. Altho I must say that I did not use it everyday. I used it ever other day. I think the results would ahve been better if i had continued using it...but it totally dried out my hair. My hair was very tangly and dry. It became quite rough. So I stopped using it. Maybe it's more suitable for warm seasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2003 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Hkitty6

I absolutely ADORE this stuff! I have naturally dark brown hair, and for a few years now, I've wanted to lighten it up a bit... but every time I've dyed my hair, I've ended up walking around with a head of straw for weeks on end. But this stuff is... perfect. It lightens my hair up to a gorgeous auburnish shade that I swear gets me compliments ALL the time. Another thing I really like is that people don't walk up to me and say "Wow, I love your new hair color!" - they always say things like "Are those highlights in your hair natural?" or "Um, did you do something different to your hair? It looks so nice!"

--- Annnnnyway, here's my tip. From time to time I'll spread this stuff all the way through my hair, but for the most part, I just put it on the top layer of my hair. Because then, when my hair is dry, the darker hair underneath the lightened layer shows, and it honestly looks exactly like foiled highlights. And days when I don't feel like bothering with that, I'll just put the foam in the short front pieces of hair (what would be called my bangs if they were shorter) - it gives my hair a great subtle but fresh color.

I keep hearing that this stuff is discontinued. Somebody SAY it's not true! I'm in LOVE with this stuff! It's foolproof, effective, and doesn't turn me into the Scarecrow! I looooooove it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lips_s4

I LOVE THIS!! My natural haircolour is black and i wasn't allowed to redye my hair for a while...so i decided to try this out...and i was able to lighten my hair to a good auburn-brown which helped make my roots less visible!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2002 7:43:00 PM More reviews by chibimoon3

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I dye my medium brown hair a medium gold blonde and this works perfectly on my roots. I feel like it has changed my life- I'm not a slave to hair dye! I'm free! I do think it smells pretty peroxide-y. But, you don't have to use a hair dryer or sit in the sun like with Sun In, so that's the major plus. But, I think this has been discontinued, so I'm stockpiling thru swaps. Sigh.