November 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Treatments (Face) - Merle Norman - Luxiva Shine Control Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish the packaging on this was a little different. Getting the right amount of product out is a little difficult. I only need a little to smooth over forehead and t zone and this does cut the shine and control my super oily t zone.Fairly high price but worth it to find something that mattifies I think the scent is awful but it fades and I use it Under my primer and liquid foundation. Only got a 4 because of the off Fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

I have super oily skin between my brows and NOTHING has worked like this stuff to mattify the area ALL DAY LONG. Get this if you have persistent oily skin. End of story.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jena10607

I got this as a sample and I love it. As soon as I'm done with all my samples I will go out and buy it. Merle Norman is pretty pricey so I have to wait to purchase it. I use this instead of my smashbox face primer. The owner of Merle Norman told me to try this one 1st and if I break out to try the clear complexion but I've been using this for a week now and no breakouts. It's very moisturizing and keeps me shine free which is exactly what I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me. I tried the Clarins powder but it ended up making me breakout. I use only a tiny amount, with a makeup sponge to apply. The price was only $19, buying the lotion and not the moisturizer. Like a previous reviewer stated, you can use this over make up, but I don't need to. Great buy, will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by gingereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the only mattifiers that has ever worked for me. I've tried almost EVERYTHING...but within several hours I'd use up an entire blotting paper for just my T-zone. The only complaint I have is that it's a small bottle and it gets little crusties on the top of the bottle from dried product. But it works really great on my extremely oily skin. I also like that you can pat a little on during the day OVER make up if you do get a little oily...but I've never had to do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

Wished that this product did control the oil. It made "oil" worse. Expensive product. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by lgs13

Controls my combo-oily skin, very rarely do I have to blot or powder during the day. My skin actually improved with less oil= all over less blemishes and cleaner pores....my face feels flawless!!! $30 bottle from Merle Norman has lasted 2 months so far and it's only half used so far!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product can be used under foundation (almost like a primer) to mattify the skin by absorbing excess oil trouble areas, like the t-zone. You can also use this product to touch-up throughout the day, as needed, for a fresh, shine-free look. My skin has been extremely neurotic ever since my doctor took me off the pill back in February (I've been expiriencing some mild acne, oiliness, dry patches, etc as a result of the sudden fluctuation in hormone levels). This lotion really helps with some of these issues & I'm not using powder to touch up anymore. No problems with irritation either. For oily-normal/oily skin types. Great product!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No