MAC Microfine Refinisher [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of the best scrubs I've ever used. I love the fact that the beads or whatever you call them are very small. It felt like a bunch of micro sized crystals were scrubbing my face. Oh, I get it, "microfine." Sorry, lame joke. Anyway, it's a great scrub. It might too be harsh a few people but for me it was fine. I actually liked the fact that it was a bit more intense. I hate weak scrubs. Although, intense scrubs with big huge grains scratching my face is probably even worse.

on 8/16/2010 9:05:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this!! I used it today for the first time and immediately after my skin felt so smoothe and my pores looked smaller! This isn't the type of scrub/exfoliater that dries out your skin after you use it either. My skin felt moisturized but not the icky oily kind of moisturized. After about 30 minutes I applied my usual foundation, concealer and powder and it looks so much better than usual! I truly believe it's from this amazing product! I have never felt prettier, all thanks to MAC! I will definately keep buying this product over and over again. It's amazing, whoever is thinking about buying this, don't hesitate!! But one thing that's important, don't rub it too hard on your face, it will irritate it.

on 8/11/2010 3:39:00 AM

I've used this scrub for a couple weeks now and I LOVE it. Immediately after usage, my face feels incredibly smooth -- I believe it's contributing to the overall improvement of my complexion (slowly but surely). I use this every other day and it isn't too drying.

First time I've tried a scrub in my 25 years that I've actually liked. I think because it's not soapy. Something about it works for my annoying skin.

on 4/25/2010 10:08:00 AM

This is a great exfoliating scrub that really does the job. It rinses very clean away, and leaves my skin feeling soft. I have gone through a few of these, and intend to repurchase for as long as they make the product.

I've tried many other scrubs, but they either have such a large exfoliating particle that I'm afraid of skin damage (apricot scrubs in particular) or they have a harsher soap base that does not rinse as clean (Mary Kay).

I think this is great value for the price - you get quite a bit in the tube, too.

on 3/30/2010 7:07:00 PM

I have tried a whole LOT of scrubs,from low end to high end. You name it. I can honestly say this is the best facial scrub I have ever used. The granules are very fine so it isn't irritating to even the most sensitive skin(like mine) and still it wisks away dead skin cells from my face and leaves it smooth as a baby's bottom. I really love this scrub and would surely buy again.

on 3/13/2010 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Amazing exfoliater. Previously using the L'Oreal Microdermadrasion scrub, the dots were ULTRA fine & kinda sharp. It worked wonders but they took it off the market.. =(

This scrub is almost as fine and no where near as chunky as St Ives, so I think it's not damaging to the skin. So I'm kind of glad they took the l'oreal one off the market so I could've ventured on to find the MAC Refinisher.

I've found my HG scrub.

on 1/16/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Excellent product! Really exfoliates nicely. Be careful not to rub too deeply with this scrub, as it can be abrasive.

When used correctly, it removes dead skin cells, combats dry skin, and provides a smooth, soft, and fresh look.

Note: This is NOT a cleanser, so cleanse your face first, and then exoliate. You don't want to be rubbing dirt/grime into your newly exfoliated skin.

on 1/14/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

works good and makes my face feeeel and look clean

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an awesome scrub. It's not drying and it does exfoliate. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use but it's fantastic for once/twice a week exfoliation. The oil component stops the skin from drying out (I believe) which is great for stopping breakouts and/or over production of oil from the skin. I have normal to combo skin that can develop dry patches in winter and oily patches in summer. I also have very sensitive skin that is prone to redness, and I find that a small amount of this product on a face cloth really does cleanse/exfoliate gently without that dry/taut feeling that sometimes can happen after using a strong cleanser.
If you have normal to oily skin - DON"T over moisturize after using this - it's actually quite moisturizing on it's own. It comes in a 100mL tube (good size if travelling because it's not too big and it costs $37AUD (a little pricey) but as stated earlier, a little goes a long way and I don't normally use a moisturizer after using this so I cut out one step anyway (so that equals the cost of using a moisturizer as well for me). Will definately repurchase.

Popular Scrubs