April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Powder - Yves Saint Laurent - Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always set my foundation with loose powder, but this is simply not practical for touch ups. I live in Japan and compact powders that are affordable in the US (ahem, Revlon, Loreal, Mac) are actually nearly as expensive as the luxury brands. So, I decided to splurge for the YSL and bought it from an online discount vendor. I love it because it looks invisible on my skin while taking away the shine. The result is flawless looking skin. It's humid in Osaka so I get a good shine-free 3 to 5 hours depending on the weather during warmer months. Some don't like the packaging but I LOVE it. It's so luxurious and makes me smile every time I pull it out of my makeup bag. It's also practical because nothing will ruin your powder faster than a bacteria laden sponge, so I much prefer to protect my investment by storing it in the pocket of its velvet case. The biggest downfall is the price. There are definitely quality powders out there for less money, but if you have the extra cash, YSL Matt and Radiant pressed powder is a worthy way to spend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

This looks very nice over my Teint Eclat foundation from YSL. When I add this on top my skin looks super-smooth, and, weird enough: matte and radiant X) It definitely does what it says on me! It's not chalky at all, VERY finely milled, doesn't cling to my peach fuzz at all and doesn't accentual my dry patches. It works with every single foundation I own!
This is a light powder you won't manage to cover much with. You can get light-sheer coverage from it. It feels very comfortable on my face - my skin never feels tight or hot under it. I'm about an NC15 and think I can use nr 2 when I'm NC15-20, although the powder looks very light in the compact. Nr 2 is definitely a yellow toned powder.
One minus though... the powder I have smells bad... It has some kind of bitter herbal smell that I can smell on my face for a good 2.5 hours! I have actually been wondering if people sitting beside me on the buss to uni can smell it or not...
Anyway: this just looks so perfect over my foundation that I can't get myself to give it any less than 5 lippies. It holds up well on my skin, unless I touch it a lot during the day, which is a bad bad habit and something I always try to avoid. I have dry skin, so I don't usually look greasy during the day with most powders (except Kanebo Finishing powder - I have no clue how it "melts" on my face), so I can't really say much about the oil control of this, but it seems to have some.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very much a splurge on my end, but it's a nice product. When Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder was starting to get a tad too cakey, I remembered I had this. I don't know why I dismissed this product when I first bought it, but now I love it. Like the name suggests, it is the perfect balance between mattifying yet still giving radiance to your skin. It is not chalky or cakey whatsoever. I do get dry skin so this powder is lovely, but if you have particularly oily skin, you may be disappointed because this is not the best for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definately the best powder I've ever used! Totally felt in love with it. I have the YSL Teint Radiance foundation, nr.4. It's matches very good with my skin tone, but the YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder nr.4 gives a lillte bit darked tone to it, looking perfectly natural. It is not chalky, it just makes your face skin looks gorgeous like it's been photoshop-ed. The price is high, but worth it. Recommend and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by stls

Matt and radiant is a very elegant powder. I have fair neutral skin and got 1 ''Natural light''
First of all the packaging is very luxurious and relatively slick.
The velvet pouch is separated in two (one for the powder and one for the applicator) Interesting but not very practical. The shiny gold case with the YSL logo is too flashy for my liking and attracts fingerprints like a magnet.
Contains 10gr of powder.

The actual powder has a pretty print of a heart with writing ''Yves Saint Laurent''.
The color I chose is neutral and nearly off-white.
Very finely milled, feels almost creamy to touch, and gives a velvety look to the face. I don't find the finish radiant, it's rather matte but not flat, sets foundation beautifully.
Doesn't cake and evens out the skin tone. Oil control is minimal. I believe it would be great for normal to dry skin.
I like the provided finish and the feel of the powder and use it for touchups. But oil control is important to me and it is quite pricey so I'll try something else next time!

Edit: After using this powder for a month I am thrilled. The lightest shade makes my face look so radiant it's hard to explain. I apply my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 1) and it looks fine although a tiny bit dark. But if I add this powder and it looks PERFECT, almost angelic, it's like photoshop in a compact since it blurs imperfections nicely.
Still, not really oil controlling, but I'm willing to compromize for that gorgeous finish and bought 2 backups (poor wallet!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by natalib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 3 years now and it is the best! It lasts really long and my skin is flawless. The only thing is that I dropped it few times and it broke everytime so I had to buy a new one. But I am certainly not changing my powder, at least not the brand, I love YSL´s decorative cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believed I just discovered this product. Maybe I could have saved myself so many days of uneven blotchy looking skin and frumpy pictures if I had this before now. I was looking for a powder foundation because as much as I love the feel and idea of liquid foundation, I have large pores and oily/combo skin and truly I should use powder foundation because it stays so much longer on my skin. I was using Nars sheer matte before this and although it was decent it was nothing to write home about. This on the other hand--wow. Wow! I was at Sephora looking around for a powder foundation--I've tried the tarte pressed powder, lancome dual finish, too faced, hourglass, and this time around compared Dior forever pressed powder versus YSL on different sides of my face. The Dior was okay but looked like it was sitting on my face, kind of brought out all the tiny hairs and gave a visibly powdery look. Its coverage was nice though. On to this powder--so so natural looking like a naturally flawless canvas. No powdery look. It only comes in three colors (as far as I could see at Sephora at least) but I'm so glad the third one matched my skin. I am LOVING this. I applied it on top of my korres quercetin lotion (new fave) with the bare ess buff n go brush (this is also a godsend quite frankly, fits in the makeup bag and is so easy to apply powder with this). The finish was flawless. Not cakey, powdery, just natural and flawless. It minimzed my pores, gave me a really great natural color (finally matching my pink based face to my olive based neck yay) and just looked fantastic. To top it off I wore it out to dinner the rest of the night after that one application (no setting powder or spray even) and it lasted a good 4+ hours in humid sticky nasty north carolina weather. This is SUCH a keeper and I'm so glad I found it. The case is a little bulky and it does take up space in my now bursting-at-the-seams makeup bag, but it is golden and so easy to find in the dark depths of the makeup bag. It comes with a little soft sponge which I might use to buff out areas like around my nose but otherwise I am applying this with the bare ess buff n go brush. Overall I am super pleased with this. My skin can be quite sensitive but no breakouts so far. It looks amazing in daylight as well as at night. Honestly one buff of this over my chin covered all the little red spots from recent battles with pimples. I'm sooooo glad I stumbled across this. Best powder I've ever used. hands down. May be a little expensive but its SO WORTH IT!!! Try it, I'd be very surprised if you didn't like it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by AGreen786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have tried so many pressed powders and kept reverting back to loose powders every time. My favorite was the Giorgio Armani loose powder because it gave a hint of shimmer and kept me shine-free for most of the day.

However, my constant need to buy new make-up for absolutely no reason lead me to trying the YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder, and I have to say I love it. I have actually been so happy with everything YSL is coming out with recently like the felt-tip eye-liner (LOVE it.)
I think I must be one of the top customers on Zumali with the amount of time I spend browsing/buying new products lol But the powder is great -- it's lightweight, and the finish is exactly as described, Matte AND Radiant. Definitely recommend this one!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by rkim58

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

SUPERB QUALITY

the golden packaging is cute too but i lost my black velvet pouch case it came with so it's got scratches and everything all over it but other than that little thing just to me, the quality of this powder is great. silky, smooth, light, great coverage.
i have combo skin. so i have dry patches and also i get oily in areas of my face.

i would always use this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by iiheartshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is expensive but soooo worth it. It is very soft and ultra fine. It kept my skin shine free for most part of the day. What was so nice about this, is that it gives beautiful, smooth coverage without caking up or looking unnatural. The packaging is very pretty too. Will def be buying this again,