December 20, 2014 | 820 users online

Powder - Yves Saint Laurent - Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Cbarnes81

I am one of those who keep on trying new products and thus find it hard to stick to a brand. As for face powders, I've tried PLENTY! Anyway, just want to say that this is one of the very few exceptions: I have been so loyal to this product simply because it is the closest thing to perfect for my face.
It is quite hard to find powder that is both mattifying and offers a radiant finish at the same time, but this one truly does. I just love it! And I hate that I love it, cause as you know it is quite pricey.
I have old acne scars on my face (pitted kind) and so I stay away from luminous or radiant powders that call attention to the scarring. Luminous and radiant is great for those with perfect skin, but unfortunately mine isn't. So, for long I was sort of stuck with ultra mattifying products that make my skin look as flat as possible to conceal the pitted scars. What I like about YSL is that it does that alright, but it also lights up my face just the same.

Will repurchase and repurchase, I think :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupsmad

I am not 100% sold on this product. It is very nice and beats the heck out of my drugstore products...except for one.

The packaging is beautiful but it does get finger prints all over it. It does, however feel rich matches the expensive price tag. It is very expensive. I have not used many high-end powders so I can't compare.

The product is finely milled and for me does a good job of oil control. I do not use mine for additional coverage.

It is not undetectable on me though. I feel like it still can look cakey and dry. My hands down favorite powder for the price is suprisingly CoverTox10 from Physicians Formula. It has the same fine mill feeling and never looks cakey. It's also less than $20, although hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by harajukuboy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonder product. My old HG compact was Chanel's Poudre Universelle, which was a transparent powder as I don't look for coverage in powders, and I think I was in denial about the product for the last couple of months, I wanted to believe it was good because of the aesthetic of Chanel but I have really dry skin but get very slightly shiny around my nose and I still needed to top up every 25 minutes or so (ridiculous I know).
I bought Matte Radiance on a whim without even trying it in store (pressured by my mother to buy something), and was already wearing Le Teint Touche Eclat (magical product), but I was amazed at the performance of this powder. It looks gorgeous on and minimises my enlarged pores while blurring other imperfections. It doesn't make my dry skin feel ichy, doesn't settle in pores and kept me a gorgeous in-between matte and slightly dewy for 6+ hours.
The packaging is far superior to my old Chanel powder, Matte Radiance being a metallic case, and the pouch that comes with it has a separate compartment with a powder puff (the softest thing I have ever felt by the way).

The powder is so finely milled it is so comfortable and natural looking, the colour match is wonderful and it feels almost creamy to the touch. From first application became my HG powder, above Poudre Universelle (my 6 month love). Wonderful product, extremely happy with it. The price is excellent compared to other powders of the same luxuriousness and quality, and the packaging is gorgeous, although the metal case is a magnet for fingerprints, like literally as soon as you pull it out there are a hundred fingerprints, but it still is wonderful.

If you're looking for a new high-end compact, Matte Radiance is a great choice, it retails for £35 at House of Fraser in Belfast, and will become your new favourite, seriously!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

Bought this when I was on a trip and got it at SGD50 plus without taxes iirc. Noted that the powder is extremely smooth and finely milled thus, I thought it would be a good powder for touch ups.

First try: I applied my usual light weight liquid foundation and topped it off with my YSL compact foundation for added coverage. At noon, I blotted my face and touched up using this powder, I was disappointed with the outcome. I had some part of my face splotchy and bits here and there not being covered.

Second try: I applied only my compact foundation and touched up with this, the outcome was ok however, it lacked the coverage I was looking for.

Bottomline, this powder is only good for people without dry patches on the skin as it will accentuate all dry patches. In other words, it is for people with very good skin which doesn't require coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always set my foundation with loose powder, but this is simply not practical for touch ups. I live in Japan and compact powders that are affordable in the US (ahem, Revlon, Loreal, Mac) are actually nearly as expensive as the luxury brands. So, I decided to splurge for the YSL and bought it from an online discount vendor. I love it because it looks invisible on my skin while taking away the shine. The result is flawless looking skin. It's humid in Osaka so I get a good shine-free 3 to 5 hours depending on the weather during warmer months. Some don't like the packaging but I LOVE it. It's so luxurious and makes me smile every time I pull it out of my makeup bag. It's also practical because nothing will ruin your powder faster than a bacteria laden sponge, so I much prefer to protect my investment by storing it in the pocket of its velvet case. The biggest downfall is the price. There are definitely quality powders out there for less money, but if you have the extra cash, YSL Matt and Radiant pressed powder is a worthy way to spend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

This looks very nice over my Teint Eclat foundation from YSL. When I add this on top my skin looks super-smooth, and, weird enough: matte and radiant X) It definitely does what it says on me! It's not chalky at all, VERY finely milled, doesn't cling to my peach fuzz at all and doesn't accentual my dry patches. It works with every single foundation I own!
This is a light powder you won't manage to cover much with. You can get light-sheer coverage from it. It feels very comfortable on my face - my skin never feels tight or hot under it. I'm about an NC15 and think I can use nr 2 when I'm NC15-20, although the powder looks very light in the compact. Nr 2 is definitely a yellow toned powder.
One minus though... the powder I have smells bad... It has some kind of bitter herbal smell that I can smell on my face for a good 2.5 hours! I have actually been wondering if people sitting beside me on the buss to uni can smell it or not...
Anyway: this just looks so perfect over my foundation that I can't get myself to give it any less than 5 lippies. It holds up well on my skin, unless I touch it a lot during the day, which is a bad bad habit and something I always try to avoid. I have dry skin, so I don't usually look greasy during the day with most powders (except Kanebo Finishing powder - I have no clue how it "melts" on my face), so I can't really say much about the oil control of this, but it seems to have some.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very much a splurge on my end, but it's a nice product. When Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder was starting to get a tad too cakey, I remembered I had this. I don't know why I dismissed this product when I first bought it, but now I love it. Like the name suggests, it is the perfect balance between mattifying yet still giving radiance to your skin. It is not chalky or cakey whatsoever. I do get dry skin so this powder is lovely, but if you have particularly oily skin, you may be disappointed because this is not the best for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definately the best powder I've ever used! Totally felt in love with it. I have the YSL Teint Radiance foundation, nr.4. It's matches very good with my skin tone, but the YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder nr.4 gives a lillte bit darked tone to it, looking perfectly natural. It is not chalky, it just makes your face skin looks gorgeous like it's been photoshop-ed. The price is high, but worth it. Recommend and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by stls

Matt and radiant is a very elegant powder. I have fair neutral skin and got 1 ''Natural light''
First of all the packaging is very luxurious and relatively slick.
The velvet pouch is separated in two (one for the powder and one for the applicator) Interesting but not very practical. The shiny gold case with the YSL logo is too flashy for my liking and attracts fingerprints like a magnet.
Contains 10gr of powder.

The actual powder has a pretty print of a heart with writing ''Yves Saint Laurent''.
The color I chose is neutral and nearly off-white.
Very finely milled, feels almost creamy to touch, and gives a velvety look to the face. I don't find the finish radiant, it's rather matte but not flat, sets foundation beautifully.
Doesn't cake and evens out the skin tone. Oil control is minimal. I believe it would be great for normal to dry skin.
I like the provided finish and the feel of the powder and use it for touchups. But oil control is important to me and it is quite pricey so I'll try something else next time!

Edit: After using this powder for a month I am thrilled. The lightest shade makes my face look so radiant it's hard to explain. I apply my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 1) and it looks fine although a tiny bit dark. But if I add this powder and it looks PERFECT, almost angelic, it's like photoshop in a compact since it blurs imperfections nicely.
Still, not really oil controlling, but I'm willing to compromize for that gorgeous finish and bought 2 backups (poor wallet!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by natalib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 3 years now and it is the best! It lasts really long and my skin is flawless. The only thing is that I dropped it few times and it broke everytime so I had to buy a new one. But I am certainly not changing my powder, at least not the brand, I love YSL´s decorative cosmetics.