September 16, 2014 | 1988 users online

Hair - Philosophy - Crisis Intervention Kit for Hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 10:05:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

First off, I love Philosophy products. My bathroom looks like a Philosophy store, skincare, bodycare, perfume. I bought this set and tried these products together. Horrible! I tried them individually. Horrible! I tried the conditioner with my favorite shampoo Ė tried the shampoo with my favorite conditioner. Horrible! I have fine, wavy, color-treated hair and this made my hair very dry and full of knots. It looked like straw. Plus it seemed to coat it with something waxy. This is not for me (obviously) so I returned it. Iíll stick to my favorite haircare products and Iíll stick with Philosophy for what they do best, skincare.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by javajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE Philosophy and it is my skincare brand of choice. I SWEAR by the line for face and body products and also really like Amazing Grace, Pure Grace and Baby Grace, so how could I go wrong with the hair care, right??? BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....WRONG! This stuff is the worst. Infusium and Fructis do a better job (and that's not saying all that much) than this set for 1/10th the price. The oil is horrible. Dr. Huschka's Neem oil or plain old seasame oil is better. The shampoo barely lathered my hair or cleaned my scalp and made it feel coated. The conditioner...well I got no better results than using Suave.

This was an absolute BOMB. Two thumbs down. Should have sent it back to QVC, but sheer laziness prevented it. Did send an email about the product. Will not be ordering Philosophy hair care for a long time. I should note that I have color treated, thick, wavy, dry hair. I have found the new brand new, revamped L'Oreal Vive shampoo and conditioner for dry hair (orange bottles) do a pretty good job at a fraction of the cost. Thinking of trying the WEN Conditioner as shampoo/conditioner as I've heard lots of great things about that.

Still highly recommend all the other Philosophy line unequivocally and both Purity and the eye cream are my HG products as well as being very fond of Hope in a Jar and Hope and a Prayer. "Hope" this review helps and saves a bunch of others from a costly mistake. (PS. Although I LOVE most of the shower fragrances, etc. from Philosophy, this Lemon Custard fragrance was obnoxious and too synthetic and made me nautious.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2006 8:45:00 PM More reviews by dbitrnklp

I used the crisis intervention kit and did not like it. The sheer splendor conditioner is good but the shampoo is awful. It does not lather or clean well. I had to use a ton of it. My hair became tangled. I tried it a few times and each time disliked it more. I would not waste your money. I also used the oil in the kit and my hair was no more healthy or less dry than before I used it. I thought the kit was a dissapointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by works

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies if you need an EXTREME hair make-over, then this kit is for You! I have short-layered, chemically treated, baby-fine, thin straight hair. The worst of all combinations! I really didn't expect much from these products. So many companies promise one thing or another but fail to deliver. I have to say, the results were remarkable! My mother wanted to know what I had done to my hair, she said it looked great! My son asked if I had been to the salon! I could not believe the difference in the appearance of my hair. The luster I once knew was back. My layers were more deifined, I had more volume, thicker texture, and best of all, my hair has quit falling out considerably. Now I don't know what Philosophy's claim is on this issue, but for me, this new innovative hair care treatment has really proven to be beneficial. I am so grateful Philosophy has stepped up to the plate to offer these anti-aging bio peptides not only for our skin, but also for our hair. I really think this is going to revolutionize the hair care industry. Where others fall short, Philosophy delivers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good hair kit. The shampoo and conditioner are nice and nourishing, and everything has that very-synthetic-yet-still-plesant lemon custard scent. The hair marinade is a nice concept, but I wasn't a huge fan of it; not only does it involve rubbing grease thoroughly through your hair, but I couldn't even tell difference when I'd used it. Still, it's a good purchase to try everything out.