July 30, 2014 | 2003 users online

Self Tanners - Garnier - Amber Solaire Gloss Bronzer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by jadistarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked this product,have tried many self tans and this ones colour was fairly decent although it did take three applications to achieve a nice carribean brown colour.Would definatly buy again but is better for those looking for a nice light natural tan,where as i like mine to be fairly dark.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by moonchita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this bronzer- it was a nice bronzy, creamy lotion with a hint of shimmer that came out on me as a true golden tan colour and gave me that gorgeous J-Lo glow to my skin. But friggin Garnier have gone and changed the formula and now I HATE IT. Why oh why did they turn it into a gel??- you can't get the cream version for love nor money now (or at least, not in the UK anyway). The gel version is nasty- cheap and tacky looking, its like a thick sticky gel with bits of glitter in it- yeuch, its really hard to rub in, makes your face sticky and gross and don't even get me started on the glitter! The old cream version was great- gave an elegant creamy tan, this glitter gel version is more suited to a 10 year old going to a spice girls party. Grrrrrr.....Please garnier, bring back gloss bronzer in a cream....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at half price so the value was good. I agree with the previous reviewer that it took a lot of rubbing in in order for it not to streak. What I like about it is that it is tinted as you apply and also developes into a great tan after a few hours. Unfortunately I won't be buying it again because of the STINK. It is truly hideous and my husband even crumpled up his nose when I came near him. Pity, because it is a great product otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a self-tanner with a shimmer in it. Itís a shimmery caramel colour that is thick and requires a lot of rubbing in to ensure even application so I've dropped one lippie. It is good on my dťcolletage when I want to tan while Iím clothed and out in public as it gives a nice shimmer to the skin. It doesnít create a deep tan and itís not orangey so itís good for fair-skinned girls like myself. Will probably repurchase.