Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Baby skin creme [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, grapefruit seed extract, carrageenan extract, fragrance, sodium borate, glucose, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, tocopherol

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought because a friend of mine recommended it for my kids, it has a nice scent but can some time be a little too much. I would rather for have it not to have any fragrance.

on 1/20/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Not sure how I feel. It feels like salve on me more than cream. I use all over my eczema body. Does not sting at all. In fact the whole Baby Bee line doesn't sting my eczema. Which is really really good.
Pros: Wonderful for dry eczema skin as it does moisture the skin. Dilute with a carrier oil cause it really is way too thick.
Cons: Sticky and strong smell (which I don't like but it's not a bad smell).

EDIT: I've since switched to Burt's Bees Multipurpose Ointment because it is less sticky and does not have that baby bee standard smell.

on 1/23/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i really like this product. it seem to be the only moisturizer that cure my crazily dry winter face. i dont have any bad reaction to it though. i only break out from it once and that's just little red bumps. but overall i love this moiturizer. my holy grail

on 3/22/2009 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product for my daughter for all-over use on her dry skin. Rubbing it in is quite laborious and doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the dryness of her skin.

It is probably used best as a barrier cream on her diaper area.

on 12/14/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Lovely intensive cream; used in deepest darkest winter on hands, feet, and occasionally drier bits of face. Very rich, and delicately scented. Fine on sensitive skin (but watch the face, maybe, unless you're really dry).

A good alternative to Nivea-in-the-blue-tin, Eucerin, Neutrogena, Cetaphil, etc. See also BB's Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion, for winter skin.

INGREDIENTS: prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, chondrus crispus (carrageenan) extract, fragrance, sodium borate, glucose, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, tocopherol continued >>

on 7/5/2007 11:23:00 PM

i used to use the almond milk hand creme - not only on my hands and feet - but on my face around my eyes. then my bf pointed out that everytime i did this i had big red swollen patches on my face! they didn't hurt - but this made me not want to put it on my face. i researched the creme and found out that this is the exact same creme as the almond milk hand creme - but with the baby fragrance. well, i tried this on my face and no swelling, red splotches! i guess i am allergic to the almond perfume.
this creme costs a little bit more and i have had to order it from bb instead of being able to buy it at target; UPDATE: does anyone else notice that this cream (even though the same ingredients except for the fragrance) is more moisturizing than the almond milk hand creme?

on 4/28/2007 11:33:00 PM

I love this creme. I have purchased many Baby Bee products due to glowing recommendations for the line. I have very dry elbows and in two days, they are no longer peeling and itchy because of this creme. I also use the body lotion, dusting powder, apricot oil, and diaper creme (makes a great eye cream, seriously!). There is nothing better after jumping out of the bath...I put this on my driest areas, including my hands, while I slather on the body lotion and finish with a dusting a powder. Excellent!
I want to find a smaller tin (I've seen them around) to carry with me during the day. I love this!!!

on 4/17/2007 11:20:00 AM

First of all, I despise the smell. It isn't herblike, flowerlike, or chemical-like. It's just... some kind of strange mix of all three. The smell never goes away either - probably because it's locked into the oils in the cream.

Secondly, it is the greasiest skin creme I've ever used. It never dries up completely, even if I use a teeeeeny tiny amount. I'm surprised, because I expected a product for baby skin to be less greasy.

Lastly, the price is very high in the UK, and for a greasy pot in a glass jar, with a tin top that rusted in less than 3 months, no way, never ever again.

on 4/15/2007 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Phenomenal product. This lotion got rid of my baby's dry flaky excema. I add the Burt's Bees apricot oil to the lotion for extra moisture. I use this on my own dry skin with great results. It also smells delicious, just like my daughter after her bath!

What can I say, I LOVE this product! I put it on my hands at night before I go to bed, and not only do I wake up with soft hands, but it also healed up my eczema. Ladies with eczema or dry chapped skin, you HAVE to try this! The cute glass jar looks so sweet on my vanity too, and the creamy apricot-honey scent is gorgeous. Well done, Burt!

Popular Body Skincare Products