January 25, 2015 | 1959 users online

Shampoo - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 11:53:00 PM More reviews by sfabry01

This shampoo smells like gardenias or jasmine - very high-end fragrance. I tried the other TJ's shampoo, the tea tree one, and HATED smelling like gum and furniture polish all day. I was in Trader Joe's and saw this combo and had to have it for the scent. I've been experimenting with shampoo bars, and am tired of the whole vinegar rinse part. I miss the luxury of a delicious shampoo, and this is the ticket to shower bliss. You will love it. It's very gentle since it has no SLS, and I think you could lather twice. The bottle is a nice shape and fits in the shower caddy. I also used it on my cat with good results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG material and it's crazy that it's so cheap & easy to get if you have a TJ's nearby. I have long tangly highlighted hair so you can imagine that I am pretty picky as to what I use. I was intrigued by the reviews. This isn't drying on my hair in the least. I would say it's nourishing without being super heavy and doesn't leave my hair a bird's nest. actually I think it's a great shampoo if you suffer from tangles like I do. If i did a blind test using this I would definitely think it was more expensive than it is. A must try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent clarifying shampoo. It states 'moisturizing' on the bottle label but I still feel it is a bit drying instead, because of all the essential oils in it. Only when used with conditioner, does it work in a moisturizing way. It smells pleasant - sort of like grapefruit and some herbs.

It does leave the scalp clean and the hair shiny. For the price, it is a good shampoo (not as good as shikakai but close).

The newer version of the shampoo does not have parabens either, so that's an improvement!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG shampoo. It's not that I love the smell or that I think it's a miracle product BUT my hair just loves it. I wash at night and the next day I have perfectly polished frizz-free hair. It's tried and true. I rotate every now and then and this gives me the best results. I pare it with TJ's tea tree conditioner, that's right I don't like the matching conditioner in this product ... but the Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo is perfection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely basic cleansing shampoo. It is not super stripping. In fact, I had to wash twice on 3rd day hair to get the oil and product out of my hair. It has a soft smell that even a sensitive person would like....and the price???? Can I get a what-what? 2.99 for something that someone (not me) might pay 15 bucks for at a salon. I recommend you try if you have a Trader Joes in your area. This shampoo combined with the matching conditioner made my colored hair shiny and bouncy! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Not tested on animals
2. Great ingredients
3. My hair reacted really well to this
4. Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

1. I wish they had a jumbo-sized bottle where you could pay a bit more for more product. It's a pain to have to frequently go to the store for conditioner when you run out. They only sell this product in a standard sized bottle and since I have long hair, I have to use more than the average person.
2. It's also a pain to have to go to a special store just for your hair product. They only sell this at TJ's, of course.

I really like this shampoo, over all. In fact, I love it. My hair loved it, too. My hair is naturally wavy and sometimes frizzy and dry. After using this for a small length of time and allowing my hair to get used to it, my hair became more moisturized, not frizzy, and straightened out quite a bit. I used this only in conjunction with the corresponding conditioner. I'm not sure if I would have gotten the same effect with my hair if I had been using a different conditioner with this shampoo.

I used the Nourish Spa Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner every other day. On the days when I didn't wash my hair, I simply wet my hair in the shower and left it alone. I find that this allows my hair to look and feel healthier rather than washing it every day. When using this every other day, my hair wasn't oily on the days when I didn't wash it. That was great!

I would repurchase this if I stopped at a TJ's and had the extra money to throw around. This was my go-to shampoo for months and months, but then I switched to something cheaper with more product per bottle. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

**I stole a lot of wording for this review from my review for the Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner**

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by marzipanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, this conditioner smells a little weird. But it never lingers on my dry hair, so I don't mind the strange scent. Other than that, this is a great conditioner, especially since it retails for 1/5 the price of many nice brands that work on the same level.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by miriamt16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE THIS. I HAVE DRY, DULL HAIR AND THIS MADE IT DRYER, DULLER BUT OILY AT THE SCALP. EW IT JUST DIDNT WORK FOR ME. I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I HATE IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cant say anything amazing about this except that i love the smell. it smells like watermelon jolly ranchers to me. i havent used this in a long time so i plan on buying it again sometime, if not just for the smell haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Meeko123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this shampoo! I've been using this shampoo along with the conditioner for the past two weeks and it has brought my very fine and straight limp hair back to life! With the previous drugstore brands I was using, I would notice that my hairs at the root would be slightly greasy by the end of the day. After the switch, the greasiness is gone!

In the past weeks I've noticed my hair has become shinier and much bouncier. Sometimes I look in the mirror at work and can't believe it's my natural hair with all this new volume. Like a previous reviewer stated, I've even noticed my hair slightly curls at some ends. Amazing especially since I don't use any hair products after my daily shampoo and conditioning. And my hair is extremely straight.

The only reason I docked off 1 star is because there seems to be very little lather so I don't feel like a get a really good wash. It could just be that I'm new to using more organic shampoos. Also my hair feels very tangled after shampooing but with conditioner the strands are smooth again.

If you haven't tried this shampoo yet, give it a shot!