April 25, 2014 | 921 users online

Toners - Almay - Toner 2 for dry skin with cucumber

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

It's rare that I give a toner 5 lippies because most toners are really polarizing. They can be too harsh, or too greasy. They can make you feel like your skin has been stripped or that there is an uncomfortable film on your face. And it seems like the ones that don't let you down are just okay, not incredible or impressive. I started using the Almay toners back in high school. They served me well then. They didn't break me out and my skin glowed! Time and experimentation led me to try other things, but I've gone back to Almay! This formula doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin. My skin looks fresher, more supple and stays break-out free. This whole line is so wonderful. The ingredients are excellent and leave my skin feeling balanced.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MrsSeacrest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! decent smell. The bottle is so clever! removes everything. def my favorite toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by sboshi16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simple Gentle Product
Doesn't cause irritations
Nothing crazy special though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA for leading me to this cheap toner that gets the job done. It picks up any residue and doesnt leave my dehydrated skin tight.

I got this for $3.80 at the revlon outlet (revlon owns almay). I always feel guilty for spending money on toner since the skincare board here thinks it's an unnecessary step but I like that step. I have used La Prairie toner in the past and just finished my BB tonic, which I love but it's 4 times the price. Lancome's Confort is also one of my favorite toners but this is the best drugstore toner I have found so far. Better than the Nivea and Dove toners I tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I got this on sale for two bucks. My skin is very sensitive, and this didn't irritate my skin or dry it out. In fact, it felt very soothing and I noticed after application that my skin looked calmer. So far, it hasn't broke me out so I'm crossing my fingers. Takes off any residue from cleansers and I love the dispenser. Reminds me of a suction cup. You simply push down on it with a cotton pad and the toner comes up. I think this is a cheaper version of a Clarins toner I used a long time ago. Will continue to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2008 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Candypatches

I read the reviews on here and I really wanted to try this. I was so happy that I found it at Big Lots for only $2.50! So I had to buy it. The first time I tried it, after I cleansed, I was impressed that it took off any left over makeup residue. So far so good. I woke up the next day with a bunch of zits all over my face, which is not common for me. I thought it might have been this product, since it was the only thing I changed in my routine, so I put this away for awhile and my face cleared. But I love to re-try things just to make sure and I really hate throwing cosmetics away. So I tried this once again. And once again I broke out in tons of pimples. But me being me, I didn't want to waste it, so I used it for the rest of the week. Took off makeup residue great! But continued to break me out. So this was actually one of the cosmetics, that unfortunately I did toss in the trash. I'm glad it worked well for other, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mynguye2

I got this on sale for half off so its good... It does sting like the alcohol-free neutrogena toner that I was using and it seems to be very good at taking off residues left from from my cleanser. it does feel just a tad sticking when it is dry though but it goes away when I moisturized anyways. Can't tell if it is doing anything for my skin tone like it claims to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by estrellapequeno

bought this last week and have already used 1/4 of the bottle.
It's really good and cleans all the dirt and gunk off my face and leaves it feeling clean and fresh.
The bottle itself is really cute and has a pump dispencer.
At only 1.99 for a 150ml bottle it's really good value for money, i also bought the cleanser and moisturiser to match.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, the packaging is fantastic. (Thank you packaging technologist people at Almay). Tried the cleanser,toner and moisturizer in this range. The toner works beautifully to rehydrate my dry/tight/uncomfortable feeling skin (due to the cleanser). Would definitley repurchase should I require a toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Although I will not repurchase this product, I still give it 5 lippies because it did not break me out, clarified my pores, hydrated my skin and did not cause breakouts. However, after having used retin-a for quite some time, my skin is now uber finicky. I don't think my skin reacts well to alcohol free toners with glycerin, yet alcohol based toners(which were great during my teenage years) now dry out my skin thus enhancing fine lines. I will stick to drugstore witch hazel since that works effectively on my finicky skin, provided that I use a tiny amount, if I use it too much, my skin will get too dry. Now back to Almay: I think these products are great for adult skin because they are not loaded with alcohol, yet contain salicylic acid to purify the skin in order for the skin to be healthy all around. IME, I think Almay toners are far superior to Neutrogena, L'oreal, etc. and they are priced very reasonably and contain great ingredients. I also tried the Oily skin version, but for some odd reason, toners that contain glycerin tend to make my skin feel a little tacky. All in all, while these products are not for me, i still give them huge raves.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No