beautyblender the sponge

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this on birch box and managed to get two for the price of one, which is the only good thing I can say about this product. The beauty blender is nothing special, and is just as good as any other brush. Brushes last years and this only lasts a couple of months and is almost the same price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really late jumping on the bandwagon to buy a Beauty Blender and like others I bought so called dupes of this and they were rubbish! Now I love the Beauty Blender and I love the coverage it gives me and how you can use different parts of the sponge to apply foundation or concealer to different areas. However the price is expensive IMO, it only lasts for a few months (mine got tears in it) and you can never wash out the foundation marks in it no matter how hard you try (I know you can't with sponges anyway but it doesn't look too good sitting on my dresser with foundation on it). I would repurchase though but only when I can get it on offer or one of the subscription boxes which sometimes sends it out for free with their box.

on 6/29/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely live for this product, my mum who checks my makeup before I leave the house has said that I look so good, she said my face doesnt look cakey or fake that looks like my skin but when I was using a brush it looked too thick. I love this so much

on 6/29/2015 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I resisted buying this for so long, thinking $20 was way too much to spend on a simple sponge. I bought the "dupes" and probably paid at least twice as much as I would have if I'd not been a cheap a*s. I now own three of these full size ones and also 4 of the little minis and I honestly I can't live without them. Okay, I could, but it'd suck. The feel and the material is un-dupable in my opinion. The texture is not like any other "dupe". I use it to apply foundation, blend undereye concealer and even to pack on face powder to "cook". So many ways to use it. I prefer the black ones because they look better when you clean them. The pink ones get stained from foundation, no matter how you wash them. I'm sure the black does, too, but you just can't see it. Will always repurchase these!!!

on 6/27/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok the BeautyBlender is fantastic for blending foundation. I absolutely loved mine. HOWEVER the price is ridiculous. $20 for a sponge that needs to be replaced relatively often is a joke. Real Techniques has their own dupe version where you get 2 sponges for a little under $20 and I find it to be basically the same thing. Sure, I probably liked the feel of the BB a little better (it's bouncier...which sounds silly but it's the only way I can think to describe it), but the end result on my face turned out the same. So unless it magically comes down in price, I will save my money and stick with the dupe.

on 6/21/2015 1:02:00 PM

I had been debating buying one of these for a long time, wondering whether 20 was too much to spend on a brush, and then had one in my Birchbox!

I used it once, and that was all it took to realise I should have purchased one when I first heard about them. I've used amakeup sponge once before, and threw them away which is why I didn't think I'd like this.

I pretty much use this for all of my makeup now. I use a primer spray, and pat it in with my beauty blender. I then use it with my foundation, concealer, bronzer/contour and blush.I even sometimes use it with powder!!

Genuinely a HG product. I didn't purchase mine, but i would again in a flash.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

GIRLLLLLL it's such an expensive sponge but it works sooooo well. Went through so many of these tiny things bc I am clumsy and always lose it. BUT soooo worth it!

I don't know how I lived these years without have a BB. Get one if you haven't yet, no dupes can compare to this

I decided to splurge on it because of all the reviews I read and watched on youtube. I bought it at sephora for 26$ (I live in Canada). Before buying this, I had the quo makeup blender. Compared to that one, the original beauty blender is really good. I usually only use it for concealer and foundation and the application is flawless and makes my makeup look natural. However, washing it was a pain. I am a neat freak so I had to make it 100% clean. Foundation was always still stuck in it a lot of times so once, I used my nail to get the dirt out. I HIGHLY ADVICE YOU ALL TO NOT DO IT, because it made a small hole in my beauty blender and the next times I washed it, it got very heavy and felt really weird (because the water was easily absorbed through the hole). Later on, I discovered that the original beauty blender makes a cleanser as well. I thought it was a waste of money so I tried washing my sponge with Sunlight's dish soap. IT WORKS WONDERS, I swear it cleans it perfectly.

Overall,
pros: applies makeup flawlessly, very soft
cons: the price, the material is very fragile (referring to the hole I accidentally made)

I don't think of buying another one after this one dies, because I have heard good reviews about the Real techniques makeup sponge, and that one is way cheaper and performs as well as this one (apparentely). Anyway, I hope my review helped! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my... How have I done my makeup so long without this?
I never really thought about what this sponge could do - because clearly, it's a sponge.
But it applies my makeup flawless. The foundation looks so natural and it really smoothes out pores and imperfections. Its great to use for concealer too because it blends it all so well.
Today I also tried it with powder - it left my skin so flawless. I really can get enough of this product and I need to get a backup! :-)

on 6/3/2015 3:49:00 PM

ah beauty blender, i love you!

Makes foundation application so smooth and even. This is for sheer-er coverage, makes "dewy foundations" more dewy(especially when used damp). If you want a little more coverage let this set for a few minutes than apply another layer.

the bad part is its ridiculous expensive for such a unhygienic product. Yes any sponge is nasty and unhygienic, there is no way around that.

That being said, i splurge on a new beauty blender a couple times a year, and use it on special occasions. I buy dupes for my day to day, which i haven't found one that is an exact dupe, but they get the job done.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools