September 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Mimiyu23

My hg makeup sponge! Its the BEST! I know its pretty expensive but it lasted me 6months with proper care! What i like about this sponge is for foundation application it blends really flawlessly and seamlessly! GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY BECAUSE IT DELIVERS AND REALLY REALLY WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by beccaeddleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best makeup tool ever made. Blends like a dream. I don't see why this has bad reviews unless people aren't using it right. But I'm sure we all know by now that it has to be damp. I feel it works best with thicker liquids or cremes. But then again i also love it with my Garnier BB cream.
I've used it with Covergirl 3-in-1, Stila Stay All Day Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation (regular), E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation, CK One 3-in1, Cinema Secrets Foundation Palette (I swear the beautyblender and this foundation were made for each other). and many others. All in all - works better with thicker foundations.
The foundations i prefer a brush with are BE BareSkin foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, L'Oreal Magic Nude Foundation,... you get the picture.

Thinner formulas work better with brushes because they're already thin and you don't want to water them down anymore. Thicker formulas have great coverage, but sometimes look to cake-y when applied with a brush.

I don't see how people can complain about the price of this when Brushes cost the same, if not more. It lasts forever and equals out to about $12 when you buy it in a two pack online. way easier to clean to.

I reach for this more than any other applicator I have. I've had the black and pink sponges and though I think I prefer the black, I've lost it :( But it's hard to tell a difference anyway so I'm not too upset.

All in all, I think everyone should have this in their collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by NicoleBouzon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous!! Makeup looks brilliant :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Once I learned you have to wet these before you use them, I really liked it. I don't get the cleaner - why it has to be that cleaner specifically - maybe someone has the answer. I have two, a white one and a pink one. I feel OCD about trying to make it look new and it never does. But that's besides the point. I have two because I really like these! I rotate between my flat foundation brush and this depending on which foundation. This seems to make any foundation sheerer so when I use a full coverage one I use this and it lightens it up. However, if it's a sheer foundation, this can be too sheer. It's so easy to blend. I haven't tried any of the dupes, but for whatever reason this little water loving foundation applying egg just does what it promises. I would recommend getting one, but the sigma brushes for foundation work well, too, and are less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Silverfox7

I put off buying one of these for a long time because I felt the price was just so high and I can sometimes be frugal. I finally bit the bullet and got one. I am not sorry that I did. It really does help me to get my foundation to look flawless with a minimum of effort. I have used sponges and brushes and my fingers, but nothing works as well for me as this does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying several dupe makeup sponges (ulta generic, sephora generic, real techniques, ones I get at Sally's, tons of dupes) I have finally purchased the bb. Holy cow this sponge works like a dream.

It truly blends makeup easily with a stippling motion. It is the softest in touch compared to the other sponges I have tried. No streaks or patches in my foundation. I have used it with Smashbox HD foundation, Smashbox BB, MAC BB cream, Clinque BB, and to blend my tarte and smashbox concealers. Works great with every product I've tried with it.

My only concern, I find after cleansing the pink dye runs in the water. I might treat the "pure" uncolored bb, but per reviews it just don't perform like the pink one.

Go ahead and splurge on this one, worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by awdorkable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had never heard of a beauty blender before, but on my most recent makeup shopping trip, an accosicate recommended one. I was a bit weary of spending $26 for a makeup sponge, but I decided to give it a go. And wow, am I ever glad I did. Before I would apply my foundations with a normal makeup sponge. Not only did they waste a lot of product, they were hard to apply makeup flawlessly since they are made of a more dense sponge.
To apply my foundation, I run my beauty blender under lukewarm water until it puffs up, then I squish out most of the water and pat dry on a towel. I then blot the foundation on my face using my fingers, then pounce the beauty blender all over to blend. You can squish the beauty blender to reach under the eyes, or use the tip to get into hard to reach areas. I always end up with a flawless application. I purchased the beauty blender solid soap as a cleanser (all that was available at the time). For the $20, it was a waste of money because it doesn't clean off any of the foundation, it just causes a whole lot of pink dye to run out of the sponge. But since this is a review on the sponge itself, I give it a 10/10. So soft and pliable, and causes minimal waste of foundation. A wonderful invention for flawless makeup application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this thing!

Let me first say that I was a non-believer. I tried all the dupes...hated most...loved some (namely the Real Techniques Beauty Sponge...and I will always go back and forth between the two)...and the BB is the winner...

The only thing I can say about this in comparison to the others is that this is so much more effortless. The RT Sponge doesnt pick up a lot of product...this picks up less...the RT Sponge blends in liquid and cream foundations and concealers to a flawless finish...the BB is just even more flawless. I have literally done myself and clients half with the BB and half with the RT Sponge...and in my personal and professional opinion, the results are the EXACT SAME, the BB just takes less time.

Other than my Revlon Color Stay Whipped...I use sponges for all of my foundation/BB cream/CC cream/tinted moisturizer/ Concealer application...and I will probably never go back to a brush. This is an amazing and long lasting product. If you can purchase on Amazon it is also really cheap. I was able to purchase two of the black pro BBs for $23.50 with free shipping.

To clean I use either Tone Body Wash, Trader Joes body wash, or my Nubian Heritage black soap bar. All of these clean it very thoroughly. I then leave it to dry in its container lid.

Go get one ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say... this little beauty sponge lives up to all the hype. Doesn't waste as much product, easy to use, and blends like a dream. Don't buy the dupes, guys. Just go for the real thing. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

Hmm, I couldn't really find a satisfactory dupe for this. I bought the double pack from Sephora last year, but I'm still on my first one. I wash it immediately following use with Dr.Bronner's soap, every time though. I do like this for blending out an old fashioned cream concealer contour as well. The tip of this sponge also blends out my under eye concealer nicely. I have tried using it with powders, like the creator said you could, but no! I do not recommend using this or any other sponge with powder makeup.