April 17, 2014 | 1275 users online

Shampoo - Biosilk - Biosilk hydrating shampo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible, terrible shampoo. It is drying and does not smooth or hydrate the hair.

I bought this on a whim, having success with the Biosilk serum. Big mistake - should have checked MUA reviews first. Now I'm stuck with getting my hair back into the shape it was before I started using this shampoo.

Save yourself some time, money and grief - Pass on it if you see it on sale, throw it out if you currently own it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by penn4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While shopping at the grocery store, thought I would pick the shampoo and the conditioner up since it was on clearance (should have been a red flag for me right then and there). Nice packaging but when I tried it, it was very drying and my hair was left with no shine at all. It was a waste of money ($7.99) so I am going back to my Tresmesse Moisture Rich Shampoo which works so much better and lathers up 10x better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by yordreammuse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using the Biosilk hair oil, I was very excited to use this shampoo. Talk about a huge disappointment. It definetly does not feel moisturizing. It doesn't suds up at all. The only good thing I have to say about it is it smelled great. Other than that, it was useless.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by HippieAnarchist

I found myself generally liking this product. The smell appealed to me, it lathered well, and it made me feel a bit fancy because it was in the "Salon Haircare" section of Walgreens. However, for the price of almost 16 bucks a bottle, knew I couldn't afford it once I left for college. That's really what did it for me was the price. It was fine enough shampoo and all, but the ingredients list was a little sketchy (contained BOTH Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, two no-no's). So now as I stock up to go back to school, I think I'm going to switch to something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Blech! Leaves a film on my hair. Hair is shiny though I'll give it that. But after a week of use I noticed it really dried my hair out. I'm thinking because the 'seal' it coats each shaft in doesn't allow moisture or nutrients from my other hair care products to get in. High marketed over-hyped disaster.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not deliver the moisture I anticipated. Average shampoo at best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update: The forumla seems to have changed. It lathers up much more than my old bottle. I don't like too much lather because my hair is fine and lather means buildup for me. I've stopped using it now.

If I would have read the reviews here, I would never have bought this shampoo. It was given to me in a trial set. I have been using this shampoo for the past week and I am really happy with it. My hair stays less oily for longer (I think that's because there is no soap residue after rinsing--that's probably because it doesn't make so many suds it's hard to rinse out). I have fine, straight hair and it stays fuller and holds the style for longer than with other shampoos. I am also using the conditioner and I am equally pleased. And . . .my hair feels like silk. One of the best shampoos I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok this product is not horrible and I didn't have any trouble with the smell or the lathering as others have mentioned. My trouble comes with the product being labled as hydrating, as this is much more like a clarifying product. After rinsing my hair feels stripped and dry and tangled. My hair is medium length and I've only experienced the stripped feeling when using a clarifier. Boy was this a disappointment. I have to use a deep penetrating conditioner after using this shampoo. Would not recommend nor repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by stefuhknee

I received this product in a gift set that included the Shampoo, Conditioner, and Silk therapy. When I first used this shampoo, I was immediately turned off by the smell. It's a terrible fake floral smell, reminded me of something a grandmother would wear. I decided to try it anyways. This shampoo doesn't build a lather at all, which is something that is very important to me. It didn't make my hair feel clean at all, and I even reapplied the shampoo. It claims to be hydrating but it left my hair feeling dry and scummy at the roots. Will definitely toss this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sannyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got this as a gift a couple of months ago with the nourishe and hydrating conditioner. I LOVE IT. i maybe use all 3 once a month at home between getting my hair professionally done every week. so far its kept my hair soft and managable. its very noticeable. while i am not too wild about the price when i have to replace it its great in what it does so ill make a way.

i do agree that it doesnt lather. ive had maybe 2 times it did that and i was like oh. i am glad i am not the only one.

I didnt think this would be for me in the thought that this wasnt good for black hair. Its great minus the lather problem.