Biosilk Biosilk hydrating shampo

2.3

on 2/4/2015 11:53:00 AM

This shampoo doesn't lather, and makes my hair feel like it has residue. As a cleaner, I don't like it. As a once-a-week treatment for soft hair, I use it and the conditioner. It does make my hair really soft, but after a day it feels like it's picking up dirt! So, I will use this until it's gone, but I won't buy it again. There are deep conditioners that provide the same/ better results.

on 12/4/2014 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I saw lots of bad reviews but I like this shampoo. I bought big bottle (12 oz.) and I'm using it 4 moths now and there is still product left although I washing my hair every single day.

My hair is virgin, so I don't know maybe this shampoo to weak for dyed ones. It smells really nice, my hair shiny and the best thing they not dull anymore. I'm using conditioner and oil from this line as well. I am sure I will buy another bottle.

I also have very sensitive scalp, this one doesn't cost any problem.

I don't know maybe some people want some miraculous results from shampoo but as I don't believe in miracles and I tried a lot of different brands in the same price range - this is one of the best.

on 7/21/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Extremely drying!

on 7/17/2014 5:28:00 PM

Bottles leak, product stinks like an old musty building that's been sitting untouched since the 70s, leaves you OILY and gross even paired with trying to fix it with decent products. Glad I got this as a gift. I'd never spend a dime on this.

on 5/18/2013 10:21:00 AM

Terrible, terrible shampoo. It is drying and does not smooth or hydrate the hair.

I bought this on a whim, having success with the Biosilk serum. Big mistake - should have checked MUA reviews first. Now I'm stuck with getting my hair back into the shape it was before I started using this shampoo.

Save yourself some time, money and grief - Pass on it if you see it on sale, throw it out if you currently own it.

on 5/12/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

While shopping at the grocery store, thought I would pick the shampoo and the conditioner up since it was on clearance (should have been a red flag for me right then and there). Nice packaging but when I tried it, it was very drying and my hair was left with no shine at all. It was a waste of money ($7.99) so I am going back to my Tresmesse Moisture Rich Shampoo which works so much better and lathers up 10x better.

on 12/15/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using the Biosilk hair oil, I was very excited to use this shampoo. Talk about a huge disappointment. It definetly does not feel moisturizing. It doesn't suds up at all. The only good thing I have to say about it is it smelled great. Other than that, it was useless.

I found myself generally liking this product. The smell appealed to me, it lathered well, and it made me feel a bit fancy because it was in the "Salon Haircare" section of Walgreens. However, for the price of almost 16 bucks a bottle, knew I couldn't afford it once I left for college. That's really what did it for me was the price. It was fine enough shampoo and all, but the ingredients list was a little sketchy (contained BOTH Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, two no-no's). So now as I stock up to go back to school, I think I'm going to switch to something else.

Blech! Leaves a film on my hair. Hair is shiny though I'll give it that. But after a week of use I noticed it really dried my hair out. I'm thinking because the 'seal' it coats each shaft in doesn't allow moisture or nutrients from my other hair care products to get in. High marketed over-hyped disaster.

on 3/14/2011 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Did not deliver the moisture I anticipated. Average shampoo at best.